U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM

40,041 posts, read 26,720,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The Danish cartoons were a deliberate act to elicit a response from Muslims. The response was wrong, but understandable.
No, Wood . . . they are NOT understandable. There is NO excuse or basis for such behavior in response to cartoons or speech, PERIOD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:
Have you seen the Cartoons? Several of the cartoons were depictions of a satanic looking Demon engaging in back door sex with a goofy looking man labelled as our Prophet who in turn was doing the same to a herd of sheep labelled Muslims. I do not think the intent was to make Muslims laugh.

The most widely distributed cartoon and the only one seen by most of the Western world was the one with a man wearing a turban with a lit bomb poking out of it. The ones in that vein probably would not have caused much of an uproar. but the ones that were of graphic. explicit perverted sex acts and labelled things like "Muhammad and a Muslim" did cause considerable anger. I can not prove the purpose was to anger Muslims, possibly they were meant to anger the the Swedes. But, it sure looks like Muslims were the target.
Anger is no excuse...Do you see Christians rioting over some of the nasty cartoons of Christ?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:22 PM

148 posts, read 263,465 times
Every one express his love as he wishes.

If it is your mother/race that is being insulted, you as children would have different responses and some might be illegal.

Problems will not finish as long as there is love with different wills.

Huminity must submit for one will so that love will be peace.

Otherwise, love will be punishment as it is the reason behind each problem.

If you and I love that girl, you would want her for you, and I would want her for me. The opposite wills will let love Hells.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,726,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post

If it is your mother/race that is being insulted, you as children would have different responses and some might be illegal.

If you and I love that girl, you would want her for you, and I would want her for me. The opposite wills will let love Hells.

People have a right to mock ideas they disapprove of, and that's a right we in the west are very serious about protecting even when when the idea is something we dont' agree with.

Islam too will need to accept this if they want to join the rest of the wider modern world. Not everyone is Muslim, and people who think Islam is silly or corrupt do not have be reverent toward it.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post

ok how about some straight talk...... Just say plainly what you mean....

Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 AM

5,426 posts, read 5,726,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
ok how about some straight talk...... Just say plainly what you mean....
Oh, I didn't even catch what he was really getting at.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 AM

55,647 posts, read 74,585,953 times
it is so much easier to leave the church when you reside in a country where they dont slit your throat for doing so.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,455,163 times
Quote:

The Danish cartoons were a deliberate act to elicit a response from Muslims. The response was wrong, but understandable.

No, the response wasn't even understandable. Who the hell in their right mind understands death threats over a cartoon? I'm losing any shred of respect I might have had for you, Woodrow. Trying to justify baseless violence while saying you think it's wrong? For shame. Frankly, I have more respect for those muslims that state openly what they believe in, rather than ones like you who try to make excuses and justify things that you claim go against Islam.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:00 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Quote:

No, the violence is NOT understandable. Killing people, damaging property is not ever the way to deal with anger.

It makes me angry every time I see Muslims hurting others because they are angry.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:04 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Woodrow LI: I had gotten the impression that you were more capable of independent thought than most of the other Muslims on the forum. I am sorry to see that you are going along with the general Ayatollah-approved, reprehensible attitude toward the creator of the cartoon. Very disheartening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or