Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:59 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Seven people applied to them the death penalty among more than a billion Muslims ...

So ,ask yourself why was this number ?

Because the conditions for the application of penalty are very strict not any person, as I posted above (Previous response)

So, the law of our religion Will not give up about it for you, It is the law of God
The point I made above is that if your courts don't impose the death penalty some Muslims deal it out without the courts anyway.

islam penalty for apostasy - YouTube

Islam & Apostasy - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
When the Jews and the Christians are NOT apply their religion then say Islam kills the apostate

The texts of the death penalty in Jewish and Christian

Deuteronomy 13:6-11 — "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again"

The death penalty in Judaism

http://messianicsexposed.com/2010/08/05/comment-the-death-penalty-in-judaism/

Actions which demand the death penalty in the Old Testament

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Actions_which_demand_the_death_penalty_in_the_Old_ Testament

And your point is? That other Archaic religions are just as backwards as yours? Your proving nothing. If all Muslims, Christians and Jews were as peaceful and open as the ones that post here we would all be standing around singing kumbaiya.

"How about just admitting that these violent nuts are not part of your religion." This is the major issue I have with people of religion. Rather than just say that these people are an abomination and are not part of their Religian, thay defend them and bring up examples of other religians that do the same thing.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-19-2011 at 01:16 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And your point is? That other Archaic religions are just as backwards as yours? Your proving nothing. If all Muslims, Christians and Jews were as peaceful and open as the ones that post here we would all be standing around singing kumbaiya.

"How about just admitting that these violent nuts are not part of your religion." This is the major issue I have with people of religion. Rather than just say that these people are an abomination and are not part of their Religian, thay defend them and bring up examples of other religians that do the same thing.
In Islam we do not know who is a Muslim and who is not. We can only say who is following Islam. We can say that the terrorists and the like are not following Islam as their actions indicate different. But, we can not say they are not Muslim Only Allaah(swt) knows what is in a person's heart and only he knows who dies as a Muslim. If a person says he is a Muslim, we accept him at his word and are to treat him as a Brother. However, we also have the responsibility of correcting our brothers and sisters if we find they are not following Islam.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:56 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Yes, and citing the Qur'an the extremist Muslims can make a valid claim that they are following the true path of Islam, so you really cannot say who is following Islam, can you?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, and citing the Qur'an the extremist Muslims can make a valid claim that they are following the true path of Islam, so you really cannot say who is following Islam, can you?
True, Islam is based upon personal responsibility and it is up to each of to verify that we are following Islam. We are to constantly question and seek answers from as many sources possible and to always verify what we believe and stand ready to to show proof. We are not to have blind faith and to always seek verification. We are not to follow any leader unless we have proven to ourselves he is correct,

While we all have our own opinions, that is what they are, our own opinions. We are not to pass anything off as a true interpretation unless we have shown we can be trustworthy in tafsir.

Islam is a life of learning. we begin our learning from our elders, to following a madhab and from recognized scholars whose tafsir has been proven. Following a Madhab of Sharia is a necessity for Muslims to keep a level of agreement among us. but we are free to choose which Madhab of Shariah we find to be true. we are encourged to study all Madhabs and follow only one or none, based upon what we personally have proven to be true.

When we tell one of our Brothers or Sisters they are not following Islam, we must back up our words with indisputable references.

If Islam has one universal command that command is "Read, read, read than verify all that you read." It is all personal responsibility. No man leads us to heaven or Hell, we find the Path and verify we are on the right path, always questioning all things.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:43 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Complacency is the biggest sin of moderates in any religion. You sit around patting your own backs and telling everyone how you're "not like" those extremists in your religion, while not actually doing anything to control those extremists giving your religion a bad name. In fact, many of you secretly agree with them but won't admit it, quietly giving the extremists a complicit wink and nod while publicly pretending to disagree with them.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Complacency is the biggest sin of moderates in any religion. You sit around patting your own backs and telling everyone how you're "not like" those extremists in your religion, while not actually doing anything to control those extremists giving your religion a bad name. In fact, many of you secretly agree with them but won't admit it, quietly giving the extremists a complicit wink and nod while publicly pretending to disagree with them.
I am somewhat known as an activist opposed to terrorism. I do try to keep a high profile and every Muslim who has seen either, me, my videos or my websites knows where I stand and learn real fast of how and why I condemn terrorism.

Virtually every Imam I know is doing that also. But the media always turns a blind eye to anti-terrorism actions initiated by Muslims. American Muslims do take a hard stand against Terrorism as do most Imams world wide. there are almost daily anti-terrorism demonstrations and the schools that teach Islamic Jurisprudence and/or Qur'anic studies also stress the evil of the terrorists. One of the most popular schools for Islamic studies is the Islamic Department of the University of Texas, in Austin. Many graduates go on to be Imams in the Islamic countries.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:08 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am somewhat known as an activist opposed to terrorism. I do try to keep a high profile and every Muslim who has seen either, me, my videos or my websites knows where I stand and learn real fast of how and why I condemn terrorism.

Virtually every Imam I know is doing that also. But the media always turns a blind eye to anti-terrorism actions initiated by Muslims. American Muslims do take a hard stand against Terrorism as do most Imams world wide. there are almost daily anti-terrorism demonstrations and the schools that teach Islamic Jurisprudence and/or Qur'anic studies also stress the evil of the terrorists. One of the most popular schools for Islamic studies is the Islamic Department of the University of Texas, in Austin. Many graduates go on to be Imams in the Islamic countries.
And yet here you are, denying the atrocities your misguided faith espouses and promotes.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That's the part that’s hard to understand for us that are not of faith: "Recognizing others of the same religion as being brothers even if they violate the basic tenements of that religion". I would not want any part of that religion in my life.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

I'm trying to imagine my take as a former Christian and if I would put myself in the same place; If there were Christians blowing them selves up and killing other Christians because of who or how they worshipped would I stand by them as brothers of the same faith? The only real comparison that I can think of over the last 25 years was Ireland. The other incidences that were close (in my mind) were Norway and the Oklahoma city bombing but niether were blowing theirselves up while screaming the name of God?

So, from the violent days in Ireland I could possibly be sympathetic to the cause of the IRA, viewing Briton as an invading Army. Currently, as an Agnostic I view them as being two Lunatic groups that are anything but religous. Because of the killing it destroys the credibility of both groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam