Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 AM

148 posts, read 294,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So you think the U.S. soliders in Iraq and Afghanistan should be able to take the Muslim women they capture and make them sex slaves?

Or do you only think it is only okay for the Muslims to take the sex slaves?
I just expressed my thoughts regardless of my religion.

I am not supporting slavery, I think it is a good reason for war. But if war happenned, then women soliders are good to be taken as sex slave.

I don't think I would like a war to happen between my father's and my mother's families, so I think I would stand up firmly to extinguish all ignitions of such war. I would be a strong reason to guide people to peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 11:56 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
I just expressed my thoughts regardless of my religion.

I am not supporting slavery, I think it is a good reason for war. But if war happenned, then women soliders are good to be taken as sex slave.

I don't think I would like a war to happen between my father's and my mother's families, so I think I would stand up firmly to extinguish all ignitions of such war. I would be a strong reason to guide people to peace.

I appreciate your honesty on this issue.

Now we non-muslims are left to wonder, "who best represents the real position of Islam, Woodrow or Slave of Allah."

Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
I appreciate your honesty on this issue.

Now we non-muslims are left to wonder, "who best represents the real position of Islam, Woodrow or Slave of Allah."
Sorry, even muslims like Woodrow are at fault for their complacency in failing to deal with their more violent brothers. Not only that, he still claims that many of the atrocities committed every day by muslims just aren't happening, but are all simply bad press. Fail, fail fail.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Sorry, even muslims like Woodrow are at fault for their complacency in failing to deal with their more violent brothers. Not only that, he still claims that many of the atrocities committed every day by muslims just aren't happening, but are all simply bad press. Fail, fail fail.
I often wish good folks like Woodrow would spend less time trying to convince US that islam was against violence, and more time trying to convince MUSLIMS that islam was against violence. They are the ones that need the convincing afterall.

That being said, there is evidence that Christians are actually more accepting of violence then Muslims, (or atheist.) Recent Gallup polls in this country bear that out.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM

148 posts, read 294,219 times
Quote:
Well I appreciate your honesty on this issue.

Islam is too wide to be represented by both of us. I benefit from Woodrow and consider him as a mercy of the Truth on me.

Peace.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM

I often wonder if I conflate an Islam issue with what is actually a cultural arab issue. So that what I believe is being caused by religious beliefs is actually being caused by cultural beliefs.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
*Refusing the urge to use sarcasm for that post by Slave of Allah*

Anyway Woodrow, the mention of slavery jogged my brain there for a minute. I am now reminded of the Islamic foray into Eastern and Western Africa that brought back slaves to the upper Middle Eastern countries PRIOR to the Europeans following that blueprint to shackle Africans for their own brand of slavery. In the Islamic world of that time, was the practice accepted as "okay" or can we find an isolated voice here and there that rejected such practices BASED on the teachings of the Koran? Would Muhammad have approved of it based on his own time and culture or would his deity have EXPLICITLY commanded him NOT to engage in such cruelty no matter how tame (or not) it may have been compared to other slavery stories we know about? After all, hauling people off into slavery thousands of miles across a desert and MAKING them serve another people is not exactly something pleasant on ANY level.
The taking of slaves was a horrible treatment of our fellow humans. the Muslim slave traders never ventured beyond the coastal regions of Africa. The people sold by the coastal natives were captives from inter-tribal wars. The captives that were not sold were killed or held for ransom. This was a disgrace all the way around and the mistreatment of the slaves on board the ships was decidedly sinful.

It is difficult to find any Arabic records or written history from that era. However here is a link to a web site, I believe by an African that seems to present a history of the African slave trade by Arabs:

ARAB SLAVE TRADE - The Legacy and History of the Arab Slave Trade

Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The taking of slaves was a horrible treatment of our fellow humans. the Muslim slave traders never ventured beyond the coastal regions of Africa. The people sold by the coastal natives were captives from inter-tribal wars. The captives that were not sold were killed or held for ransom. This was a disgrace all the way around and the mistreatment of the slaves on board the ships was decidedly sinful.

It is difficult to find any Arabic records or written history from that era. However here is a link to a web site, I believe by an African that seems to present a history of the African slave trade by Arabs:

ARAB SLAVE TRADE - The Legacy and History of the Arab Slave Trade
Thank you for that but you overlooked a few other questions in my post. We knew Arab Muslims engaged in slavery and I mean Arabs from the homeland of Muhammad. If he were alive, would he have condoned it and is there anything in the Koran that we can point to that would have prohibited the act?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Of course, in the 16th and 17th century Muslim raiders were famous for taking Christians hostage as slaves on the Barbary coast and selling them in the Islamic market in North Africa and the Middle East. They seized ships and also raided European coastal towns in Italy, France, Spain, and Portugal, England, the Netherlands, etc. to get their Christian slaves.

This led to the first barbary war, where the U.S. went to war with the muslims to stop the slave raids. It's where we get the words "to the shores of Tripoli" from the Marine Corps Hymn.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:09 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
I often wish good folks like Woodrow would spend less time trying to convince US that islam was against violence, and more time trying to convince MUSLIMS that islam was against violence. They are the ones that need the convincing afterall.

That being said, there is evidence that Christians are actually more accepting of violence then Muslims, (or atheist.) Recent Gallup polls in this country bear that out.
I spend considerably more time speaking with my Brothers and Sisters. Than I spend here. However I find that there are very few if any potential terrorists among American Muslims. Although I have been accused of being a terrorist on more than one occasion and am frequently stopped and asked about my activities. I do maintain a high profile and my life is pretty much an open book. I do have a few websites and am active on several Islamic forums. I do put my money where my mouth is.

My latest web site that I am still working on.

alkhatoobah

Have a lot more pages to add and will be moving my online stores to their own sites. I am also an administrator on a few reasonably large Islamic Web sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam