U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,060,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Suddenly everyone jumped to attack the Islamic religion without giving themselves even a little period of time to understand the real issue here .
This is how you always treat us
I do not agree of poisoning those dogs in regard of the reasons ... But I think those who were affected have another opinion than the others .
Therefore I do not blame them nor encourage them .
Well......not everyone, that is kind of an all inclusive term and is not correct, some people may well be attacking islam, some people, like myself, are not, I will, however, point out a mistaken idea. It is not intended as an attack, merely a correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The worst insults a Muslin can muster, is to call Jews, Christians other non believers pigs, apes or dogs.
You will find those are common insults used by all people world wide. I do not know of any religion or group of people that does not consider them to be insulting and does not use them against people not of their culture etc.

There is no justification for any of us to use them as insults.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM

30,925 posts, read 31,815,566 times
I've only read of Muslims using these insults, but you are right, they should not be used by anyone.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've only read of Muslims using these insults, but you are right, they should not be used by anyone.
I've been called a "Son of a B" by people of nearly every persuasion. If you ever drive in NYC it will be rare if you don't get called one, especially if you take a parking space somebody else had an eye on.

Calling a person a son of a B is calling them a dog as a B is a female dog.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:01 AM

656 posts, read 933,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I was last in Mexico City about 1992, didn't see as much as one dog. Like many Tourists I saw the whole skinned Cabritos in the local markets and thought that is what happened to the dogs.

Lived up in the Frontera Estados from about 1991-1994 at which time there was a massive government campaign going on to poison the dogs particularly in the Border Towns and cities such as Reynosa, Matamoros, Neuvo Laredo and the smaller towns like Los Ebanos.
mmmm... cabrito...

Old 10-15-2011, 09:47 AM

19,433 posts, read 17,531,054 times
Never trust a person who doesn't like dogs and especially don't trust a person who dogs don't like. Two of the most vivid religious dreams I've ever had, ones that I can remember clearly to this day, involved my dogs. One was what I believe was the Rapture and the last thing I did while on Earth was grab my dog to take with me. And she was allowed to come with us.
The other was I was in Purgatory or Limbo and came to realize I must have died. I'm not catholic so I'm not really experienced with those concepts. Anyway it wasn't quite bad enough to be Hell but it was one step worse than earth on its worst day. I was surrounded by some people I didn't particularly like and found myself praying to God to get me out of there. I said "How can I see God?" and was told by somebody that I could with lots of prayer. Anyway, the instant I began to pray I heard barking and there came every dog I ever had running to greet me. I got the feeling that I couldn't yet see human loved ones, but the dogs couldn't be stopped from knowing I was there and coming to reunite with me.
So be nice to dogs. And I always said I'd rather have 4 barking neighbor dogs than one screaming neighbor kid.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,385,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
If you lived in Spain Sans, you'd be poisoning the bastards too. The damn things are everywhere...barking day and night. Come down for a visit mate and see if you can get just one night of uninterrupted sleep.
Well... let's see here.... can you import some African wildcats as pets?

http://www.savannahcat.us/AfricanServalCat.html

They don't domesticate worth a darn, but they do love to hunt & eat those annoying dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Suddenly everyone jumped to attack the Islamic religion without giving themselves even a little period of time to understand the real issue here .
This is how you always treat us
I do not agree of poisoning those dogs in regard of the reasons ... But I think those who were affected have another opinion than the others .
Therefore I do not blame them nor encourage them .
No, only when Muslim posters promote difficult, radical and hateful ideas towards those Westerners who see their own Christian culture and religion as peaceful and respectful (which I'll also agree is not always the case...). As well, we are all treated the popular American press's opinions and perspectives, which seem focused on creating an overall disregard and dislike of Islam's more fundamentalist and radical adherents*.

BTW, squall, would you not agree that there does seem to be quite a few of those*? Their generalized and unfocused hatred of most all Americans is not just an imagined thing, is it? I still vividly remember the CNN videos of "The Muslim Streets" on and immediately after 9/'11. Do you? Their gloating happiness as to the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans and many other nationalities by those radical and cowardly Muslims was palpable... and those videos alone generated an immediate loathing of the average Muslim by many Westerners, not just Americans.

Last edited by rifleman; 10-15-2011 at 10:32 AM..

Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 PM

154 posts, read 187,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I still vividly remember the CNN videos of "The Muslim Streets" on and immediately after 9/'11. Do you? Their gloating happiness as to the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans and many other nationalities by those radical and cowardly Muslims was palpable... and those videos alone generated an immediate loathing of the average Muslim by many Westerners, not just Americans.

Those videos were proven fabrications a LONG time ago. That you still believe them to be legitimate is laughable.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-12-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 10:03 PM

30,925 posts, read 31,815,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
Those videos were proven fabrications a LONG time ago. That you still believe them to be legitimate is laughable.

Moderator cut: orphaned.
It's true that most Islamic nations condemned the 9/11 attacks, but...
Quote:
Palestinians danced in the street in celebration of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the deaths of Americans....The Palestinian Authority could not "guarantee the life" of an Associated Press (AP) cameraman if footage he filmed of post-9/11 celebrations in Nablus was broadcast. Rahman's statement prompted a formal protest from the AP bureau chief, Dan Perry.
Reactions to the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-12-2011 at 05:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam