Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 07:41 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,983,241 times

Advertisements

Aduket Tarikat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,002,425 times
From what I gather it is some Pakistanis poking fun at Sufis. I like Sufi's quite an interesting group. Quite friendly. I call them Islam's version of Pentecostals. When I first came to Islam the first few Mosques I attended were Sufi. All other Muslims forbid the use of music, especially in a Mosque. We also have very defined patterns for prayer and are quite solemn in the 5 obligatory prayers.

I can not catch the language as the video is stop, go repeat motion. but the few words I catch seem to be Urdu or Bangla. It does not seem this group is sufi, but it is rather a parody or jab at Sufism. A sort of satirical video.

Here is typical Sufi:

Yes we do consider Sufi to be Muslim, but do question some of their practices.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 11-01-2011 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
From what I gather it is some Pakistanis poking fun at Sufis. I like Sufi's quite an interesting group. Quite friendly. I call them Islam's version of Pentecostals. When I first came to Islam the first few Mosques I attended were Sufi. All other Muslims forbid the use of music, especially in a Mosque. We also have very defined patterns for prayer and are quite solemn in the 5 obligatory prayers.

I can not catch the language as the video is stop, go repeat motion. but the few words I catch seem to be Urdu or Bangla. It does not seem this group is sufi, but it is rather a parody or jab at Sufism. A sort of satirical video.

Here is typical Sufi:

Yes we do consider them to be Muslim, but do question some of their practices.
Oh ok. I thought Benny Hinn became a Muslim.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Mystery solved. It is a Cult that is catching on in Pakistan Loosely based on Sufi'ism They are calling themselves Saifi.

They are not Muslim

Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,039,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
OMG those are the people from my old Christian evangelical church. And wow! didn't they get robey and fuzzy!!
You know, I consider Muslims to be human... but I do question some of their practices.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Mystery solved. It is a Cult that is catching on in Pakistan Loosely based on Sufi'ism They are calling themselves Saifi.

They are not Muslim

So what are they? Are they without religion in Pakistan?

Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 PM

The first video that I thought was a parady of Sufi is actually of the Saifi Cult, not related to Islam. I should have caught the Urdu title "Aduket Tarikati" which translates roughley as "Masters of Trance"

The Sufi'i while quite Pentecostal are Muslim Even if we Sunni do poke fun at them. There are a lot of good things the Sufi have to offer, they are pacifists almost to a fault. Very loving people, extremely devout, non-evasive. also have some beautifully poetry think in terms of Rommi (Rumi) and Omar Khayyam. Our main objection to them is their use of Music and that they pray to Saints.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 11-01-2011 at 09:02 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So what are they? Are they without religion in Pakistan?
Currently a cult. Not related to any other religion, but incorporating parts of several.

Pakistan possibly because it is a diverse mixture of Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist and a few tribal religions is pretty much a breeding ground for Cults some succeed such as Ba'hai and Sikh some flop and some the verdict is still waiting such as the Ahmadiyya (They consider themselves to be Muslim and a fair number of Sunni do accept them as a new Madhab while others see them as heretics)

They may prove to be harmless or they may end up like some of the cults like the comet nuts, or the Jim Jones, Jamestown bunch.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM

Here is another video that seems to be of the same "Religious Service" as in the OP, but without the start-stop motion.

I do want to clarify that they are not Muslims. I am still not certain if the language is Urdu or Turkish. I catch a lot that sound like Urdu, but my hearing is poor. Most of the comments written are in Turkish.

The Wall covering (Seen first at about 35 seconds) is in Arabic and does say "Allah suhannah wa t'ala"== Allah the one God with no equals, partners or progeny. It seems they did borrow that from us. But everything else seems to be a hodge podge mixture of Pentecostal, Hindu, Sikh, Ba'Hai, tribal worship etc.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 11-01-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam