Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 06:32 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Blow yourself up with as many americans around as possible, you'll get 72 virgins as your prize.
BUT if you are unlucky those 72 virgins are just 72 other idiots who got each other and you because they blew themselves up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 06:41 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
But Jihad is positive and negative. Fatwa was an edict which was to try to maintain the "jihad" in a more self-denying way. Kadri made sense to me. Jihad was now more positive. Am I right?

Old 11-22-2011, 06:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default It's all teh same stuff. Only the denominational names are changed; the product is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Ahh...so all you have to do is follow a bunch of rules instead of relying on the gift of God.

The Bible says in Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith (in Jesus)—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
All I see in Christianity is another set of behavioral & psychological absoutes. Ignore or disobey them at your own peril with the Greater Congregational ThinkSet.

To deny this is delusional, which is nothing new within Christianity, since they have determined their way is the only way, despite the overflowing evidence to the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It saves you from an eternity of torment.
Or so you say.... I know different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
It would "get" you the same thing that anybody converting to any religion "gets:" the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that he or she has found the "right answer." Because why else should someone convert to Islam or Christianity or whatever, if not because they believe it to be true?

Of course, there are plenty of people who "convert" for convenience or out of pressure, but I gather you're asking for the reasons why people would convert willingly.
True. Joining that back-slapping and openly self-aggrandizing Congregation is surely a "blessing", or so they say down at the church or mosque.

Just realize that, similar to Islam, there are very real consequences if you then decide to debate or leave that Christian flock. Sheep can't live alone, out in the wild. They have to learn some basic survival life-skills first. And to the general group-think, this is far too terrifying to even attempt, even though the end-result is truly gratifying.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
What do I accomplish? Do I get to go to heaven? Paradise? What exactly do I get?

How does one get to heaven in Islam?

1 read and memorize the qu'ran

2 kneel and pray 5 times a day and say "ohh mighty allah i am your slave"

3 don't eat pork.. or any other animal that eats other animals..

4 don't drink alcohol or do drugs..

5 don't beat your wife with anything bigger than a blade of grass...... just a reminder, bamboo is technically a grass ..

that should about do it!!! thats your ticket to heaven...

ohh i forgot. if you want a speed delivery to heaven,, place explosives in turban or in form of vest and attach to body, walk into a big crowd of infidels and hit the button.. i here that will get you to the exclusive top 1 percent of heaven know as the 72 grapes .. oops 72 virgins..

Last edited by cruxan; 11-22-2011 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: added a godly r

Old 12-17-2011, 10:05 PM

82 posts, read 167,536 times
What Islam will get you is paradise. Islam is a way of life. It is a divine decree of laws, morals and a way of life exemplified bythe Prophet Muhammad and all of the prophets.

There is no automatic fix. You have to live your life in accord to God's law. Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad were law givers in that they lived by divine laws. Jesus did not do away with the laws of God. It was man who did away with the laws and establised his laws. For example man is now passing laws for men tomarry one another. Is this God's law?

Im a former Christian and across the world millions of former Christians have converted to Islam.
Muslims do not worship a man, or a man that could be killed on a cross. The cross is only symbolic
anyway and has become an idol. There is to be no idols in worship.

Many Christian's claim heaven through Jesus when they still commit greed , arrogance, racism , hatred ,wars , fornication , adultury , homosexuality and other sins hiding fraudently behind the
cloak of Jesus and the covers of the Bible. There is no salvation in all of this. In fact many Christians
have the behavior of infidels , not true believers of God. Jesus himself also said obey the commandments [ obey the laws] and worship God with all your heart. He prayed to God and did not make himself into a God.

The world was estimated to have had anywhere from 60-100 million people when Jesus lived on Earth, and he was barely known outside the gates of Nazareth.

Muslims do not worship Jesus and no prophet ever did. Jesus did not worship himself but was the Ruh of Allah [ God] . Ruh is an essence of spirit. The same God that spoke to Moses also revealed himself to Muhammad. God did not instruct Muhammaad [pbuh] to worship Jesus but to worship God as Moses , Abraham, Noah, and many others did. Indeed God is unseen while Jesus was seen. God is not limitted to space and time while Jesus was. God inspired Jesus with many spiritual gifts but these gifts do not determine salvation if one do not act upon them .

So in conclusion Islam is a spiritual way of life and is the same life that Jesus lived. But of course just the same as Christainity and Judaism you have Muslims who set bad examples and do not live their faith. So the world judge Muslims by some who may have terrorist views and narrow minds as the picture of a real Muslim. This is dangerous. If that is going to be the case then Muslims should just say all white people who are Christian are racist. There are also terrorist groups of Christians in this country as well. The FBI has identified over 200 such groups. But the blame go on Muslims , when you still have hate groups who hide under the name of Christianity and the Bible.

BesT way to know and learn something is to go to the source. Visit a Muslim Mosque[ Masjid] and by the Holy Qu'ran and talk and meet Muslim people.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 AM

As Jamaic said Islam is a way of life.

It is not blind obedience to some man sitting up as a Religious authority.
Islam demands questioning of all things. It is an ongoing learning process. We learn we have free choices in all things, but we also learn our choices are to be based upon knowledge and awareness of the consequences of our choices.

Man is a slave, he is either a slave to the things of this world or he can be freed by becoming a slave to Allaah(swt) a Muslim chooses to be freed from life's burdens and temptations by becoming a Slave of Allaah(swt) to serve Allaah(swt) requires us to treat all of creation with fairness. One is not serving Allaah(swt) if he treats his fellow humans unjustly or without care for their well being. One of the greatest gifts we get from Allaah(swt) is when we can give to others, in particular those in need. Islam gives us the joy of being charitable to others.

Being a slave of Allaah(swt) frees us from being a slave to greed.

Islam is not an Instant cure, it is the learning to accept our hardships with joy and to see them as gifts from which we learn and grow. Islam is more than a way of life, it is a life of learning and growth. It is seeing the marvel and power of Allah(swt) in the smallest grain of sand or in the wonders of the universe through a telescope. It is inner peace and the source of strength to accept our trials.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaid_198805 View Post
when i say just believe i mean believing is a priciple thing.....so u have to believe....and alos u have to worship in order to feed ur sould.....coz the reason why god have created us is to worship him.....that's our mission in this life.....so by worshiping him according to his rules he will reward us by his heaven.....and when i say heaven it's something big
Why would a "God" whom is all powerful, all knowing need worship? Is there something in Gods personality that is flawed, could God be suffering from an insecurity issue or is God nothing more than a megalomaniac.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Why would a "God" whom is all powerful, all knowing need worship? Is there something in Gods personality that is flawed, could God be suffering from an insecurity issue or is God nothing more than a megalomaniac.
God(swt) has no need of worship. It is us who have the need.

We have nothing we can give to God(swt) that He can not have with just a thought.

So why do we worship? For the same reason we give gifts to anyone we love.

We worship out of love.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:23 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalc View Post
What Islam will get you is paradise. Islam is a way of life. It is a divine decree of laws, morals and a way of life exemplified bythe Prophet Muhammad and all of the prophets.

There is no automatic fix. You have to live your life in accord to God's law. Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad were law givers in that they lived by divine laws. Jesus did not do away with the laws of God. It was man who did away with the laws and establised his laws. For example man is now passing laws for men tomarry one another. Is this God's law?

Im a former Christian and across the world millions of former Christians have converted to Islam.
Muslims do not worship a man, or a man that could be killed on a cross. The cross is only symbolic
anyway and has become an idol. There is to be no idols in worship.

Many Christian's claim heaven through Jesus when they still commit greed , arrogance, racism , hatred ,wars , fornication , adultury , homosexuality and other sins hiding fraudently behind the
cloak of Jesus and the covers of the Bible. There is no salvation in all of this. In fact many Christians
have the behavior of infidels , not true believers of God. Jesus himself also said obey the commandments [ obey the laws] and worship God with all your heart. He prayed to God and did not make himself into a God.

The world was estimated to have had anywhere from 60-100 million people when Jesus lived on Earth, and he was barely known outside the gates of Nazareth.

Muslims do not worship Jesus and no prophet ever did. Jesus did not worship himself but was the Ruh of Allah [ God] . Ruh is an essence of spirit. The same God that spoke to Moses also revealed himself to Muhammad. God did not instruct Muhammaad [pbuh] to worship Jesus but to worship God as Moses , Abraham, Noah, and many others did. Indeed God is unseen while Jesus was seen. God is not limitted to space and time while Jesus was. God inspired Jesus with many spiritual gifts but these gifts do not determine salvation if one do not act upon them .

So in conclusion Islam is a spiritual way of life and is the same life that Jesus lived. But of course just the same as Christainity and Judaism you have Muslims who set bad examples and do not live their faith. So the world judge Muslims by some who may have terrorist views and narrow minds as the picture of a real Muslim. This is dangerous. If that is going to be the case then Muslims should just say all white people who are Christian are racist. There are also terrorist groups of Christians in this country as well. The FBI has identified over 200 such groups. But the blame go on Muslims , when you still have hate groups who hide under the name of Christianity and the Bible.

BesT way to know and learn something is to go to the source. Visit a Muslim Mosque[ Masjid] and by the Holy Qu'ran and talk and meet Muslim people.
Why the rift between Islam and Judism?

The two religions seem to have a lot more in common with one another than they do with New Testiment Christanity...

Islam and Judism both deny the divinity of Jesus, so why the rift?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 AM

70 posts, read 88,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
What do I accomplish? Do I get to go to heaven? Paradise? What exactly do I get?

How does one get to heaven in Islam?
great
first TRY TO avoid to worship any thing with god [ALLAH] and avoid Hurting others because ALLAH will forgive any thing except Infringement of the rights of others and Polytheism in God all your answer in holy quran a lot of rules in surah loqman Allah said [ Alif, Lam, Meem. These are verses of the wise Book, As guidance and mercy for the doers of good Who establish prayer and give zakah, and they, of the Hereafter, are certain [in faith].Those are on [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful.And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment. And when our verses are recited to him, he turns away arrogantly as if he had not heard them, as if there was in his ears deafness. So give him tidings of a painful punishment. Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds - for them are the Gardens of Pleasure. Wherein they abide eternally; [it is] the promise of Allah [which is] truth. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. He created the heavens without pillars that you see and has cast into the earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shift with you, and dispersed therein from every creature. And We sent down rain from the sky and made grow therein [plants] of every noble kind. This is the creation of Allah . So show Me what those other than Him have created. Rather, the wrongdoers are in clear error. And We had certainly given Luqman wisdom [and said], "Be grateful to Allah ." And whoever is grateful is grateful for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever denies [His favor] - then indeed, Allah is Free of need and Praiseworthy. And [mention, O Muhammad], when Luqman said to his son while he was instructing him, "O my son, do not associate [anything] with Allah . Indeed, association [with him] is great injustice." And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination. But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.[And Luqman said], "O my son, indeed if wrong should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed, Allah is Subtle and Acquainted.O my son, establish prayer, enjoin what is right, forbid what is wrong, and be patient over what befalls you. Indeed, [all] that is of the matters [requiring] determination.And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful. And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."] in Islam if you want to enter the paradise do good deeds worship ALLAH alone - be good to your parents -wife- family and all the people give money to poor people Allah said [ Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.] [Then, indeed your Lord, to those who have done wrong out of ignorance and then repent after that and correct themselves - indeed, your Lord, thereafter, is Forgiving and Merciful.] [ Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.And if you punish [an enemy, O believers], punish with an equivalent of that with which you were harmed. But if you are patient - it is better for those who are patient. And be patient, [O Muhammad], and your patience is not but through Allah . And do not grieve over them and do not be in distress over what they conspire. Indeed, Allah is with those who fear Him and those who are doers of good.]
be good Allah will reward you by paradise in Islam if i love Allah without do good deeds i will enter the hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam