U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:18 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,578,776 times

Advertisements

This indicates you are not a man seeking after the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 03:19 AM

9 - The belief in the angels:

As God's servants; they are spiritual beings: who were men inhabiting the ancient planets that broke up in the previous Doomsdays;

and because they were righteous - during thier life in the previous Worlds - and because they were monotheists devoting themselves to God alone, therefore God admitted them into His paradises or the kingdom of heavens,

then he clothed them with ethereal skins --> and so they became the angels.

They are obedient to God Most Gracious: according to what He orders them to do, they fear Him, and they always mention Him with celebration and glorification and gratitude.

Angels

Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin944 View Post
Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus claim to be God. Thomas called him "my God" but it's not the same as Jesus claiming the title himself.

Don't you think that if Jesus really were God, that such proclamations by Jesus would have been sprinkled throughout the NT? Yet there are none.

Why is that? Was Jesus being modest? Were his followers simply supposed to "know" he was God? Why not just come out and say it, and dispel all doubt? There must be a reason.

Here, I tell you this:

When an enthusiastic idea was invented in the past about some of the imams of the family of the prophet:

People at that time objected to those enthusiastic, and said: We did not hear the imams themselves say they were infallible!

The enthusiastic answered: They said this only to us!

People said: Why didn't the imams tell us that they were inflallible?

The enthusiastic said: That is because they were afraid and cautious of the governors and rulers !!

I mean: neither did the imams nor did Jesus claim any glorification and any super-natural criteria of themselves, but the devils among people claimed that for personal advntages.

On the contrary: Jesus objected to someone who called him: good man; and Jesus said to him: why do you call me good: God is the only good One.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:07 AM

10 - The Islam is a renewal of the religion of Prophet Abraham:

When Prophet Mohammed - salam be to him - was asked: would he follow the way of Jews or the way of Christians, God ordered him to say: he is following the original way of Abraham: the devotion to God alone.

That is because Abraham was their father: who were before the Jews and Christians, and he followed the exclusive devotion to God alone without associate or equal.

(They say: 'Be Jews or Christians, and you will be rightly guided.'

Say [to them, O Mohammed]: "Not so, but [we follow] the religion of Abraham, the Hanief [i.e. the monotheist]; he was not [one] of those who associate [others with God.]")

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran 2: 135
وَقَالُواْ كُونُواْ هُودًا أَوْ نَصَارَى تَهْتَدُواْ قُلْ بَلْ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

The Devotion Should Exclusively Be to God

Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Studying the Bible and the Quran is an essential part of the education

Studying the Bible will certainly give much orientation and information to the Quran reader; giving more understanding and insight.

On the other hand (as has one of my relatives said):

Studying the Quran will solve the puzzles and mystery of the Bible.
The Bible (including both the Old Testament and the New Testament) has serious mystery and ambiguity concerning much many subjects.

And the Quran has come to solve and explain all this mystery and the misunderstood subjects.

(People of the Bible [:Jews and Christians],
now has Our messenger[Mohammed] come expounding to you many things in the Bible that you have been hiding, and many things else he disregards.
There has come to you light from God and a clear ‘Book’ [: the Quran]:

Whereby God guides him who seeks His good pleasure to the paths of safety,
and brings them out of darkness to light with His leave,
and guides them to a standard path [of the exclusive devotion to God alone without associate.] )

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran 5: 15-16
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ قَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولُنَا يُبَيِّنُ لَكُمْ كَثِيرًا مِّمَّا كُنتُمْ تُخْفُونَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَيَعْفُو عَن كَثِيرٍ قَدْ جَاءكُم مِّنَ اللّهِ نُورٌ وَكِتَابٌ مُّبِينٌ . يَهْدِي بِهِ اللّهُ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ رِضْوَانَهُ سُبُلَ السَّلاَمِ وَيُخْرِجُهُم مِّنِ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيَهْدِيهِمْ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ

A Call from God to the People of the Scripture

Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Each Prophet(PBUT) could make the same claim as each Prophet(PBUT) had the same message. at the time of each prophet(PBUT) they were the only ones carrying the true word of God(swt).

When Jesus(as) was teaching the Injil, he was the only living person who was teaching the true message. At that time only he had the true teachings from God(swt).

In the same way after the injil was replaced by Christianity, no man had the Truth until it was given one last time to Muhammad(PBUH) Same message that was always given and this time we know it is the last time mankind will ever receive it. We had best not mess up again.
What was this same message that every prophet taught to people?
It was to invite them to God alone and no associate with Him.

In other words: it was the exclusive devotion to God alone with no patron other than God alone to be the True Patron.

So, Mohammed told people (as it is so obvious in the Quran) that :
No god but God alone without associate.

It means: No god to be worshipped in the entire universe, but only God Almighty and Most Gracious alone and none else.

This is the same [The First Commandment] in the Bible.

The Devotion Should Exclusively Be to God

Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Add an additional faith to your faith

A man who converted and became a Muslim, said: I didn't lose anthing; on the contrary, I added a new faith in the Quran and Mohammed, to my original faith in the Gospel and Prophet Jesus.

That is because the Muslim believes in the Gospel and in Jesus as an honored prophet and apostle.

Therefore:
>> Believe in God alone: this is [The First Commandment].
>> Believe in Prophet Mohammed, in addition to your belief in Jesus and Moses: and have all the blessing.
>> Believe in the Quran, in addition to your belief in the Bible: and have all the wisdom.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:18 AM

30,877 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
This indicates you are not a man seeking after the truth.
Do you think you have found the truth? How diligently have you examined your holy books to verify that what they hold is the truth?...I would wager that you have not examined them at all, but just accepted what is written in them as truth....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.............Terry Pratchett

Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM

949 posts, read 879,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Do you think you have found the truth? How diligently have you examined your holy books to verify that what they hold is the truth?...I would wager that you have not examined them at all, but just accepted what is written in them as truth....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.............Terry Pratchett
I'd be willing to guess that you have not really examined all your beliefs to see if they're true.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:13 PM

30,877 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
I'd be willing to guess that you have not really examined all your beliefs to see if they're true.
You would lose, but I suppose you are used to losing, right? Aren't you one who believes in many of the impossibilities written in the bible?

I suppose you have examined all those things, but decided to believe them anyway, even though you know they cannot be true, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or