U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:54 AM

30 posts, read 30,684 times

Advertisements

peace be upon you dears
"I am a Muslim. I am an American. As an American Muslim, I want to express my deep sadness and anguish at the tremendous loss of life that occurred on Tuesday (September 11, 2001).
Islam is a religion of peace. Islam does not promote terrorism or the killing of people.
I cannot sit by and let the world think that Islam is a killing religion. It hurts me to see what radical people are doing in the name of Islam. These radicals are doing things that God is against. Muslims do not believe in violence.
If the culprits are Muslim, they have twisted the teachings of Islam. Whoever performed, or is behind, the terrorist attacks in the United States of America does not represent Islam. God is not behind assassins. Anyone involved in this must pay for their evil.aused this tragedy and adding to the hatred that already exists in the world will not help. Instead, we should try to understand each other better.
Americans are warm, loving and hospitable people, and we share many of the same values. I ask that churches and synagogues all across the nation invite representatives of the Islamic faith into their places of worship, to better understand Islam. This could help us all respect each other more
I pray that God blesses the people and families of those who were killed, and our great country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeinab View Post
peace be upon you dears
"I am a Muslim. I am an American. As an American Muslim, I want to express my deep sadness and anguish at the tremendous loss of life that occurred on Tuesday (September 11, 2001).
Islam is a religion of peace. Islam does not promote terrorism or the killing of people.
I cannot sit by and let the world think that Islam is a killing religion. It hurts me to see what radical people are doing in the name of Islam. These radicals are doing things that God is against. Muslims do not believe in violence.
If the culprits are Muslim, they have twisted the teachings of Islam. Whoever performed, or is behind, the terrorist attacks in the United States of America does not represent Islam. God is not behind assassins. Anyone involved in this must pay for their evil.aused this tragedy and adding to the hatred that already exists in the world will not help. Instead, we should try to understand each other better.
Americans are warm, loving and hospitable people, and we share many of the same values. I ask that churches and synagogues all across the nation invite representatives of the Islamic faith into their places of worship, to better understand Islam. This could help us all respect each other more
I pray that God blesses the people and families of those who were killed, and our great country.

Your location is listed as Algeria. So I doubt you are an American Muslim.

Islam is not what causes the violence, it is Muslims who do it in the name of Islam.

When that stops then the world will see Islam as peaceful.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,367,912 times
Jazzymom nailed it!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:40 AM

31,742 posts, read 32,536,834 times
Quote:
peace be upon you dears
Is this an example of your religion of peace in Algeria? I want no part of it, and you are wrong, many do believe in violence, and they are just as much Muslim as you are.

Other essays in this series discuss government repression of religious groups. The situation in Algeria is different. Their government grants religious freedom to all faith groups. But some religious groups appear to be exterminating whole villages and attempting to destabilize the country. Almost all of the victims are fellow Muslims. At least one group has also targeted all non-Muslims for death. RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE IN ALGERIA

Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM

20,900 posts, read 15,413,747 times
Quote:
peace be upon you dears
Regardless of where he's from he's hit all of the points of what is needed to bring all of these competing religions together. And there lies the problem: these religions are all competing for the same people!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:51 PM

949 posts, read 898,767 times
Quote:
peace be upon you dears
What gives you the right to speak for all muslims? There are many that are quite violent, and quite vocal about being muslims.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:10 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,743,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
What gives you the right to speak for all muslims? There are many that are quite violent, and quite vocal about being muslims.
You are quite right. No person represents all Muslims. We speak only for ourselves and those who commit acts of terror or any form of aggression speak only for themselves.

I can only say I do not know any violent, terroristic Muslims.

Please look at each of us as individuals and understand nobody represents Islam or all Muslims. We each speak only for ourselves.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM

949 posts, read 898,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You are quite right. No person represents all Muslims. We speak only for ourselves and those who commit acts of terror or any form of aggression speak only for themselves.

I can only say I do not know any violent, terroristic Muslims.

Please look at each of us as individuals and understand nobody represents Islam or all Muslims. We each speak only for ourselves.
I doubt you do know any...they'd probably want to kill you just like they want to kill me....since I'm an infidel, and you're likely not a "true muslim" to them.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,612,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
No person represents all Muslims.
Muhammad.

OP, over 5000 muslim women every year are victims of "honor killing". In Britain alone, there are over 17,000 cases of documented "honor violence" committed against muslim women yearly. Your religion is not a peaceful one.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:31 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,743,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
I doubt you do know any...they'd probably want to kill you just like they want to kill me....since I'm an infidel, and you're likely not a "true muslim" to them.
Well I do have a fairly high profile and am easy to locate. I do have the title of Sheik and have often served as an Imam. I have only recently become a resident of North Dakota and have caught my share of flak for trying to establish a mosque. But do manage to have an online Mosque and "Ministry" which is seen world wide. You may see part of it here:

alkhatoobah

I do know more than a few Muslims and they all know how to locate me. Yes at times we do have disagreements over some things. But, at no time have I ever had a Brother or sister question my being Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or