U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,111 times
Reputation: 50

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is a huge difference between killing unsuspecting citizens (cowardly acts of terrorism) and war. In a war people know they are under attack and can take measures to protect themselves. Islamic terrorists have carried out more than 18,000 attacks since the 9/11 attacks in 2001.

Mainly, the events of 11 September were an American play

I feel disgusted when the West accuses Islam with terrorism while terrorism has started from it ( the west)

American killed in Iraq and Afghanistan more than two million civilians Then you say, a Muslim terrorist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,680 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Mainly, the events of 11 September were an American play

I feel disgusted when the West accuses Islam with terrorism while terrorism has started from it ( the west)

American killed in Iraq and Afghanistan more than two million civilians Then you say, a Muslim terrorist

I am disgusted when Muslims refuse to acknowledge that Muslims planned and carried out 9/11.

Americans did not do it, Jews did not do it and Israel did not do it. Muslim extremists from Saudia Arabia did it under the control of Al Queda and Osama bin laden.

Americans would never have gone into Afghanistan or Iraq if 9/11 had never happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

Americans would never have gone into Afghanistan or Iraq if 9/11 had never happened.
While conspiracy theories persist and many do believe Bin Laden was an American CIA operative.

I can not deny evidence indicates he was Muslim. How much he followed Islam is known only to him and Allaah(swt)

As for if we would have found reason to go into Afghaniztan if 9/11 had not occured. I suspect we would have found reason to, as China now has big eyes lusting for the region as it is a much needed route to get low cost petroleum into China from Iran. China needs the oil, Iran has agreed to sell it to them and the only road block is the current inability to build a pipeline through Afghanistan. I doubt very much we want that pipeline to become a reality, and I would not rule out some questionable means may be used to stop it from being built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,111 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The 2 greatest acts of terrorism in recent history are not called terrorism because they are government sanctioned actions. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Terrorism and military action differ only in terms of were you live. If you live in New York, you see justified military action. If you live in Kabul or Baghdad you see daily acts of terrorism by an invading Army.

Terrorism has no religion. Terrorists are terrorists no matter if they call themselves Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu etc. the error is we have come to attatch a religious name to it. The simple fact is terrorists exist among all of us. None of us like to admit there are terrorists among what we each love. One fifth of the world is Muslim by statistics we shouldhave 1/5 of the world's terrorists and that seems to be holding true. One fourth of the world is Christian Christianity should have 1/4 of the worlds terrorists that seems to be true. However Christian terrorists never seem to get associated with Christianity. they get labelled criminals and their terrorist is seen as criminal acts and not because they are Christian. Some of the most dangerous criminal groups to ever exist are among Christians ie The Drug Cartels, which pose a much greater threat to the USA then any Islamic group, but nobody pays any attention they are Christian and do not believe they represent Christianity. Yet illegal drugs have probably killed more Americans than all of the extremist Islamic groups combined. But their killings are unnoticed because they are spread out over a large area. The Drug trade is as much terrorism as the suicide bombers, but nobody ever points a finger and calls it Christianity, although nearly all active in it are Christian. It would be ridiculous to point a finger and say Drug Gangs are an act of Christianity. The same holds true for terrorism. It is ridiculous to say any act of terrorism or any other crime is the act of the religion.

you are totally right my brother

look, Western media focuses only on the Muslims for that the West sees that Islam is a religion of terror

they did not deal with the Muslims face to face so they know the media lies

many of the tourists who come to Muslim countries whether Arab or Western Saw the attitude of the Muslims with them was very good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
you are totally right my brother

look, Western media focuses only on the Muslims for that the West sees that Islam is a religion of terror

they did not deal with the Muslims face to face so they know the media lies

many of the tourists who come to Muslim countries whether Arab or Western Saw the attitude of the Muslims with them was very good
For many years the Arab Nations and Iran were highly visited tourist spots for Westerners and they were always treated as honored guests. How soon people forget the hospitality western visitors enjoyed in the Muslim nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,111 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I am disgusted when Muslims refuse to acknowledge that Muslims planned and carried out 9/11.

Americans did not do it, Jews did not do it and Israel did not do it. Muslim extremists from Saudia Arabia did it under the control of Al Queda and Osama bin laden.

Americans would never have gone into Afghanistan or Iraq if 9/11 had never happened.

The issue is not acknowledge or not But who says this was U.S. experts

as we have wached many many evidence to prove it, the simplest evidence was Why America did not prosecute bin Laden ?

Answer, Because he know that bin Laden will reveal this play funny papers for that he killed him

So, The events of September occurred the cooperation of U.S.

This game Bush to enter through the Middle East, America would have occupied Iraq and Afghanistan without the events of September WHY? they were planned before he was born bin Laden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Mainly, the events of 11 September were an American play

I feel disgusted when the West accuses Islam with terrorism while terrorism has started from it ( the west)

American killed in Iraq and Afghanistan more than two million civilians Then you say, a Muslim terrorist
Good grief...I rarely see lies such as this...The 9/11 attacks were perpetrated by Muslims..Most of the civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places have been killed by other Muslims...

“some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.” http://wasteofmyoxygen.wordpress.com...lling-muslims/

What is disgusting to me are your obvious and blatant lies.

This is pretty much a daily occurrence.


"Islamic State of Iraq" Killing Muslims in Iraq - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,972,242 times
Reputation: 5074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
For many years the Arab Nations and Iran were highly visited tourist spots for Westerners and they were always treated as honored guests. How soon people forget the hospitality western visitors enjoyed in the Muslim nations.
You can't have it both ways. Westerners were "honored guests" in the Iran of the Shah, who was hated by the fundamentalist Mulims for being a toady to the West. As soon as the Shah was deposed and Iranian Islam showed its true face under the theocracy of the Ayatollah Khomeini, Westerners were no longer welcome.

Last edited by catman; 12-04-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 AM
 
39,034 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Reputation: 5082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
While conspiracy theories persist and many do believe Bin Laden was an American CIA operative.

I can not deny evidence indicates he was Muslim. How much he followed Islam is known only to him and Allaah(swt)

As for if we would have found reason to go into Afghaniztan if 9/11 had not occured. I suspect we would have found reason to, as China now has big eyes lusting for the region as it is a much needed route to get low cost petroleum into China from Iran. China needs the oil, Iran has agreed to sell it to them and the only road block is the current inability to build a pipeline through Afghanistan. I doubt very much we want that pipeline to become a reality, and I would not rule out some questionable means may be used to stop it from being built.
That Al Quaida and the ones not members of a standing Muslim nation army are not 'official' as it were makes them geurillas. As you correctly pointed out, what makes a guerilla a freedom - fighter or a terrorist depends on which side they are on. as the 'Mujahideen' they brave fighters against Soviet invasion. As Taliban they are oppressive fanatics who must be prevented from taking of their own country.

That said, Al Quaida are not even a Guerilla army. Not as far as I can see. They are just terrorists without any real cause except hate. The reason for Bin Laden's hate was hardly orthodox Islam. Perhaps many muslims now see that his movement was absurd and attracted support because many muslims have other beefs about the west, and of course that focusses on Israel. Iraq and Afghanistan are also handy outlets for opposition, but it does look as though the steam has gone out of Al Quaida recently.

Perhaps it is time to pull back from the damage caused by the pubic Bush and his poodle Bliar and start to build bridges. After Assad has gone and a few others, we may need them.

Throwing out the 'terrorist' accusation is not too helpful. Suicide bombers and roadside bombs are a weapon of the muslim military (official or not) as Cruise missiles and apache helicopters are a weapon of the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2011, 05:51 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,680 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
For many years the Arab Nations and Iran were highly visited tourist spots for Westerners and they were always treated as honored guests. How soon people forget the hospitality western visitors enjoyed in the Muslim nations.


Western targets have been targeted and bombed. When Westerners are not safe or protected. When we see westerners being kidnapped and killed many times the executions were taped and played on tv.

In many Muslims lands (Egypt for example) the Christians are not even protected and they are Egyptian yet they are not protected.

In Libya one lone Jew was invited back to rebuild a synagogue but was attacked by the locals and then his invitation was rescinded. So instead of welcoming back those who were exiled under kadafy and who's property was stolen again it has been made clear. Muslims only are welcome.

So I don't know Woodrow The Muslim world has not exactly made it clear that it even wants non Muslims in their midst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top