Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:29 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
The messenger of Allah Mohammed said.... Are you sure in your heart Allah ordered you to do this or the Messenger of Allah Mohammed as per quote in your image. Do you distinguish between them? Ask in your heart if you believe that Allah is the same God, of Abraham and all the prophets, of the Torah and the Bible..if this is so God never ever said to worship before a black stone, a meteorite. Can you not see the pagan roots in this practice?

Allah cannot be Yahweh, God, Jehovah etc....because all mighty God would not ask such a thing as to worship a stone.
Here is a good explanation about the "Black stone" Yes we do believe it is a meteorite and is not sacred nor to be worshiped. HERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
Allah cannot be Yahweh, God, Jehovah etc....because all mighty God would not ask such a thing as to worship a stone.

there is only one god

and we do not worship a stone

if we worship a stone or Jesus peace be upon him or any thing else we would go to Hell even if we are worshiping Allah.

Umar kissed the Black Stone and said:
“I know that you are only a stone and that you can neither bring benefit nor cause harm.
Had I not seen the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kiss you, I would not have kissed you.”

Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 PM

762 posts, read 1,216,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Thank you for humoring a grouchy old man.

To a non-Muslim I can see that it would look strange.

The Hajj is actually quite complex and does take a lot of preparation for. if a person is going to be present for the entire Hajj it usually takes about 6 days to complete. It takes place from the 8th through 12th days of the Month of Dhul-Hijjah, Although many will arrive on the 7th day and begin preparing.

It is quite strenuous and that is why it is an obligation only for those physically and financially able to complete it. But, we all have an obligation to do our best to become financially and physically able to do so.

I found a fairly good explanation of Hajj HERE
I know muslims who have done hajj, they never told me of the throwing stones. But maybe they did not do that bit. thanks for the link tho.

And I'm sure you are not a grouchy old man..

Old 02-23-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
How about slaughtering a son?
You surely do not do that!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Here is a good explanation about the "Black stone" Yes we do believe it is a meteorite and is not sacred nor to be worshiped. HERE
Christians regularly to justify their idolatrous practices - such as prayers to Mary - by claiming that Muslims "worship" the Black Stone at the Kaaba in Makkah.

I so dislike sites like this.. The sentence above is just so insulting and I always wonder why many muslim sites of this nature have to stoop to such insulting use of words.

I find it even more disconcerting that although muslims believe Allah does not demand the worship of the Stone, muslims still do so, even today because tradition had it Prophet Mohammed did so! And by the same token say there should be no one worshiped besides Allah? even after reading the article I still do not understand why this stone has any importance at all.

I must be wearing my dense head this evening..

Old 02-23-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
if we worship a stone or Jesus peace be upon him or any thing else we would go to Hell even if we are worshiping Allah.
Careful...you may end up there..God knows what's in ones heart, nothing is hidden.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
You surely do not do that!!!
what i understand from your saying
"This tradition of grown adults throwing stones at...nothing really is strange indeed."
that you find this worship task is strange.

and i wanted to remind you that Allah ordered a father to
slaughter his son and if you do not find that as strange from Allah then you should not find any thing below that as strange.
what ever Allah ordered us to do , we must do it with acceptance and satisfaction .

Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
what i understand from your saying
"This tradition of grown adults throwing stones at...nothing really is strange indeed."
that you find this worship task is strange.

and i wanted to remind you that Allah ordered a father to
slaughter his son and if you do not find that as strange from Allah then you should not find any thing below that as strange.
what ever Allah ordered us to do , we must do it with acceptance and satisfaction .
I see a difference here.. I believe everything attributed to God has a reason behind it. A lesson, a test whichever it may be to show mankind his way. The Bible tells us that Abrahams faith was tested by God, when he told him to offer Isaac as a sacrifice. It was God that stayed Abrahams hand and provided the ram instead. God loved Abraham as Abraham loved God. Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son showed he was whole-heartedly devoted and submissive to God. God rescued his son Isaac at the last moment. So we know we can trust in God and he will provide because Gods love for us is all encompassing.

Maybe it is because I am not a muslim but if there is a lesson from Allah by throwing some stones at nothing...then I cannot see it. I am not convinced that this ritual has anything at all to do with God but is born out of the tradition of emulating Prophet Mohammed in the belief it somehow brings you closer to God.

What has the Quran to say on the black stone?

Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I see a difference here.. I believe everything attributed to God has a reason behind it. A lesson, a test whichever it may be to show mankind his way. The Bible tells us that Abrahams faith was tested by God, when he told him to offer Isaac as a sacrifice. It was God that stayed Abrahams hand and provided the ram instead. God loved Abraham as Abraham loved God. Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son showed he was whole-heartedly devoted and submissive to God. God rescued his son Isaac at the last moment. So we know we can trust in God and he will provide because Gods love for us is all encompassing.

Maybe it is because I am not a muslim but if there is a lesson from Allah by throwing some stones at nothing...then I cannot see it. I am not convinced that this ritual has anything at all to do with God but is born out of the tradition of emulating Prophet Mohammed in the belief it somehow brings you closer to God.

What has the Quran to say on the black stone?
The black Stone is not mentioned in the Qur'an.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Christians regularly to justify their idolatrous practices - such as prayers to Mary - by claiming that Muslims "worship" the Black Stone at the Kaaba in Makkah.

I so dislike sites like this.. The sentence above is just so insulting and I always wonder why many muslim sites of this nature have to stoop to such insulting use of words.

I find it even more disconcerting that although muslims believe Allah does not demand the worship of the Stone, muslims still do so, even today because tradition had it Prophet Mohammed did so! And by the same token say there should be no one worshiped besides Allah? even after reading the article I still do not understand why this stone has any importance at all.

I must be wearing my dense head this evening..

I apologize for that being an anti-Christian site. I was impressed with the Article about the Black Stone that I was oblivious to the fact that some of the comments were derogatory towards Christians.

It still is one of the better articles I have seen about the black stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam