U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Salman Rushdie was charged with blasphemy and Muslims were sent out to hunt him down and kill him.

It makes no sense to me for anybody to be criticized for speaking against a prophet (if there is a real prophet). In America that would be like throwing somebody in jail for criticizing Billy Graham, Oral Roberts or Joel Osteen or Rick Warren or T. D. Jakes.

What happened to those Arab country citizens who took matters into their own hands? Were they stoned or were their hands chopped off?
The ayatoullah Khomeni issued a fatwa calling for his death. the Shi'i follow the Jafa'ari Madhab of Sharia and believe the fatwahs of the ayatoullah are commandments. Sunni do not believe that. We are to take Fatwahs as opinions and not as a commandment. The shi'i only make up 10% of Muslims and the rest of us refuse to follow any human central leader.

When speaking of sharia you need to know what Madhab of Sharia is being followed. there are a number of Madhabs that came about long after Muhammad and the Sunni only recognize the first 4 as being legitimate. We see the extremist sharia madhabs such as Wahhabi as being dangerous and anti-Islamic.

You do not get that type of extremism among the Nations that follow one of the 4 legitimate Sharia. Those 4 being Hanafi, Hanbli, Maliki and Shafi'i.

Saudi used to follow just the Hanbli but in the past 100 years or so there has been some wahhabi influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,732,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
Hi,,Mr.Gplex be easy to take this ,,,why do you take smth relating to Islam from non-Muslims.
if I want to ask about any info relating to Ford Mustang ,I should ask the same company not Daewoo .

do U agree with this .... no fence
I've read the quran, it makes it very clear, that non believers and jews are deserving of a painful death....

Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I've read the quran, it makes it very clear, that non believers and jews are deserving of a painful death....
Then you read out of context. You can not read one line at a time. An entire Surat is a full story. No where in the Qur'an are we commanded to kill anybody.

I suspect you read surat 47 and did not understand this is the story of a war and what happened. It is not a universal commandment. It is in reference to a specific war.

You have to remember that pre Islamic Arabia, at the time the Qur'an was being revealed, was a pagan nation and composed of very hostile tribes each waring against the others. War was a way of life for the Arabs of the time. Even the Arab Jews and Christians were very hostile. There were very many brutal savage wars and some of the Surahs do speak of these wars. But, they are not commandments, they are Historical events.

If you can quote the surah and ayyat of what you believe is a commandment to kill anyone, I will try to give you the history behind it.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:47 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,464,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If you accept Walid Shoebot as a reliable ex-Muslim You do not know who he is. He has been exposed as an outright fraud and was collecting payment for made up information about PLO Terrorism. He claimed to be a former terrorist and became a Paid CIA informant until he was exposed.

Now to quote Surat 33 ayyat 56 Where did that translation come from?

Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.

Then again you accept Walid Shoebat as a reliable source.

Only advice I can give is do not buy any watches from Walid.
The video you referenced is built upon outright lies. Walid has defended himself on his own website from those lies. http://www.shoebat.com/
I counsel you to learn the truth about Walid's terrorist upbringing and absolute islamic indoctrination and understanding of Arabic as his mother tongue -which I do not believe that you speak or read.
Walid tells us that PBUH means, in Arabic, and it is not peace be upon him, as is reported, so as to deceive.
Blaspheming Mohammed is a crime worthy of death in Islamic nations and they are trying to make it law every where they are seeking to get dominion over the free peoples of the world in, so as to subject the peoples of the world to be killed or imprisoned or to lose their living for speaking against Mohammed whom they worship above all that is called God, and even whom the Koran states that Allah prays to him and gave him his names!

To speak against Mohammed is a crime to all muslims, and Muslims go ballistic, cutting off heads of the offenders as soon as they can reach them.
...that is worship of a man.
Not to mention you bow to a black stone in Mecca every time you pray, and that is bowing down to idols who do not speak, cannot hear, and cannot see.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,344,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they worship him same reason anybody worships a religious leader, after a time the followers diefy the founder of the religion. if the vatican had not done such a monster edit job on the bible we would find that jesus was much more human than KJV shows. history of jesus is blank from 12 years old to 30.
Oh, so now it was The Vatican that did this ....I thought it was Constantine....I wish I could keep this straight!!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The video you referenced is built upon outright lies. Walid has defended himself on his own website from those lies. shoebat.com
I counsel you to learn the truth about Walid's terrorist upbringing and absolute islamic indoctrination and understanding of Arabic as his mother tongue -which I do not believe that you speak or read.
Walid tells us that PBUH means, in Arabic, and it is not peace be upon him, as is reported, so as to deceive.
Blaspheming Mohammed is a crime worthy of death in Islamic nations and they are trying to make it law every where they are seeking to get dominion over the free peoples of the world in, so as to subject the peoples of the world to be killed or imprisoned or to lose their living for speaking against Mohammed whom they worship above all that is called God, and even whom the Koran states that Allah prays to him and gave him his names!

To speak against Mohammed is a crime to all muslims, and Muslims go ballistic, cutting off heads of the offenders as soon as they can reach them.
Not to mention you bow to a black stone in Mecca every time you pray, and that is bowing down to idols who do not speak, cannot hear, and cannot see.
Can you name one accusation you have and give a source to back it up? You put out too much for an old man to answer at one sitting.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,113,999 times
Quote:
To speak against Mohammed is a crime to all muslims, and Muslims go ballistic
OK, here is a story about a teacher who got in a lot of trouble because her class named a teddy bear "Muhammed".

BBC NEWS | Africa | 'Muhammad' teddy teacher arrested

Woodrow, stories like this give Islam a very bad name.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The video you referenced is built upon outright lies. Walid has defended himself on his own website from those lies. shoebat.com

Can you name one accusation you have and give a source to back it up? You put out too much for an old man to answer at one sitting.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I read that story. It is a horrible one. the teacher was actually set up. Another teacher was anti-white and wanted the teacher out of Africa. The kids actually named the Bear Muhammad after a favorite class mate. the teacher trumped up the story and made the white teacher to be anti-Islam.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Quote:
I read that story. It is a horrible one. the teacher was actually set up. Another teacher was anti-white and wanted the teacher out of Africa. The kids actually named the Bear Muhammad after a favorite class mate. the teacher trumped up the story and made the white teacher to be anti-Islam.
The teacher was set up? Really now Woodrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or