Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM

20 posts, read 22,083 times

Advertisements

This is definitely not against Islam or being racist, but I always wondered this.

Why do Muslims like and worship Muhammed, a prophet who got married many many times with different wives, and even with a 9 year old girl.
What 'good' things have Muhammed done in life that Muslims love him so much?

Not because I really believe in Jesus Christ, but at least in Christianity they worship a nice person that taught the people good stuff, helped them etc.
Jesus didn't get married with so many women, divorce them etc.

Take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 11:49 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,976,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
This is definitely not against Islam or being racist, but I always wondered this.

Why do Muslims like and worship Muhammed, a prophet who got married many many times with different wives, and even with a 9 year old girl.

Not because I really believe in Jesus Christ, but at least in Christianity they worship a nice person that taught the people good stuff, helped them etc.

Take care!
We don't Worship Muhammad(PBUH) He is a man and no different from any of the previous Prophets. He just happened to have been given God(swt)'s revelation for the last times, that we have a final chance to not mess it up again.

We are forbidden to worship anyone except God(swt). It would condemn us to hell if we were to worship Muhammad(swt) as that would be the unforgivable sin of shirk.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:57 AM

20 posts, read 22,083 times
I understand your point... but why do Muslims admire Muhammed? What did he do 'good' things in life?

Old 12-18-2011, 12:18 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,023,068 times
Quote:

Take care!

It is ignorant...

Muslims follow Islam and they believe in the one G-d and Muhammad is a prophet.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I understand your point... but why do Muslims admire Muhammed? What did he do 'good' things in life?
You would have to know what pre-Islamic Arabia was like to understand that. It was a land of savage, polytheistic pagans. Women were property. A man could have as many wives as he desired. Girls were sold at birth for sex purposes. It was a land of warring tribes with no sense of value for life. Unsold female babies were often buried alive. Drunkenness was widespread. The place made Sodom and Gomorrah look holy. There was no peace in the land. It was a region of were only the strongest tribes would survive.

In less than 20 years Muhammad(PBUH), an illiterate merchant, united the tribes and brought peace and monotheism to the region. the first man in history to limit the number of wives a man could have. A total elimination of drunkenness, Rights for women. A social structure that provided for the impoverished

Better yet, read what non-Muslims have said about him:

Old 12-18-2011, 02:10 PM

87 posts, read 119,675 times
Woodrow did you convert to Islam or were you born Muslim?

Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
Woodrow did you convert to Islam or were you born Muslim?
Islam found me. I had been agnostic/atheist for over 20 years after leaving Christianity. I never had any intention of accepting Islam. At one time in my life I was an Evangelist traveling throughout North Africa and the Mideast bringing Muslims to Christianity. An era I am now ashamed of.

But. like I said Islam eventually found me, long after I had any contact with any Muslims and had not even spoken to one in over 20 years.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:31 PM

285 posts, read 296,693 times
I am sorry why information and knowledge about Islam is so scrimp ? while it is a great light which has been sent down by creator of universe and human. why we informed about it so little or wrong ? sorry , world is thirsty but I wounder why they don't find this sweet sea with this lucid and cool water. sometime we speak about a thing nonchalantly and inattentive because we don't tuch it reasonably and imagine it is based on what we have heard.We say god , but don't attempt know his last religion and messenger.what we say hereon is some expressions mixed with doubt and unbelieving.why a human in world must think saint Mohamed is worshiped ? is this the sign of lacking recognition about god, Islam and Mohamed ? why we don't try research about this truths more and have some light study at least ? Or may we think East people are less than us. But Mohamed wasn't eastern or western and wasn't and isn't belong to a specific area, nation or group. He is Messenger of universe king , who created all, you, me and everything as sun with that greatness and great nuclear activity every second. Recognize him more , recognize his last religion more and recognize his messenger Mohamed more....this is the best and most logical suggest I can offer who hasn't any right knowledge about. Muslims don't worship anyone except unique God because nobody is worthy for worshiping except him and Mohamed was himself the first worshiper and prayer.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 PM

939 posts, read 1,019,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We don't Worship Muhammad(PBUH) He is a man and no different from any of the previous Prophets. He just happened to have been given God(swt)'s revelation for the last times, that we have a final chance to not mess it up again.

We are forbidden to worship anyone except God(swt). It would condemn us to hell if we were to worship Muhammad(swt) as that would be the unforgivable sin of shirk.
The same as the rest...except that he liked young girls, he was a warlord/thief, and the book of his writings contains error.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:11 PM

70 posts, read 88,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
I am sorry why information and knowledge about Islam is so scrimp ? while it is a great light which has been sent down by creator of universe and human. why we informed about it so little or wrong ? sorry , world is thirsty but I wounder why they don't find this sweet sea with this lucid and cool water. sometime we speak about a thing nonchalantly and inattentive because we don't tuch it reasonably and imagine it is based on what we have heard.We say god , but don't attempt know his last religion and messenger.what we say hereon is some expressions mixed with doubt and unbelieving.why a human in world must think saint Mohamed is worshiped ? is this the sign of lacking recognition about god, Islam and Mohamed ? why we don't try research about this truths more and have some light study at least ? Or may we think East people are less than us. But Mohamed wasn't eastern or western and wasn't and isn't belong to a specific area, nation or group. He is Messenger of universe king , who created all, you, me and everything as sun with that greatness and great nuclear activity every second. Recognize him more , recognize his last religion more and recognize his messenger Mohamed more....this is the best and most logical suggest I can offer who hasn't any right knowledge about. Muslims don't worship anyone except unique God because nobody is worthy for worshiping except him and Mohamed was himself the first worshiper and prayer.
MAY ALLAH guide you to his right path you are really i can not describe i loved your words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam