U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-22-2011, 01:03 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,171,170 times
Reputation: 9525

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
re the quran, unfortunately chapter 9:5 (pg 213) called for muslims to kills jews and christians
"then kill the ones who are polytheists, wherever you find them"
God never said this friend. not something anybody should defend.
afwan ziyaara saiida!!
you're welcome-- have a fun visit
Uh, no. Actually the Koran instructs Moslems to show love for the "People of the Book", the Book being the Bible.

FYI there are many different printings of the Koran (just as the Bible) and a page number for a particular Surah and verse will differ from one to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-22-2011, 04:35 AM
 
285 posts, read 257,312 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
may be the discussion is better

21-[30:33]
Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? and We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance.

And We have made the heavens as a canopy well guarded: yet do they turn away from the Signs which these things (point to)!

It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.

can you realize the scientific facts which presented in these verses
Hello elwill ,please announce me about every Qur'an chapter name and the number of every verse you wrote, it is necessary I visit and confirm those

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 04:50 AM
 
285 posts, read 257,312 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually it is just the opposite....I see a lot of darkness in your religion. There is certainly nothing enlightening about thinking that unless a person believes, they are doomed to everlasting torment...That seems to me a rather good example of pessimism.

Atheists are optimists, in that we believe everybody has an opportunity to enjoy the best that this life (the only one we have) has to offer...Unlike you we exclude nobody regardless of what they do or do not believe...You religious are the ones that condemn people simply because they see your myths for what they are.
Respectfully , have you noticed what you say is emotionally and hatefully and not logically ? that is to say your emotions is further than your researching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,930 posts, read 31,824,197 times
Reputation: 12662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Respectfully , have you noticed what you say is emotionally and hatefully and not logically ? that is to say your emotions is further than your researching
You use the words respectfully, and hatefully in the same sentence? Sorry, but that doesn't seem very respectful to me...My emotions have nothing to do with my comments...What does is the fact that you believe this stuff and I am certain that it is fictional nonsense, and logic does not apply to invented stories....They can be any ridiculous clap trap that the writer wants them to be....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 05:44 AM
 
285 posts, read 257,312 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
For what it's worth, the Jews have no interest in "converting" athiests into Jews (assuming you're not born of a Jewish mother). There's no need that I can see for you to believe in a greater diety, as long as you life a life that is peaceful to others. In fact, the Jewish view is that even if you're wrong about G-d, and one day you do indeed end up "meeting your maker," if you lived a good clean life, you too probably have a share in the world to come.

For all you athiests, I (as a representative Yid) would tell you this; live a good life. Keep your nose clean. Be kind to others. Believe in G-d? Optional.
No offense , but this system living is how much easy and comfortable,..... If, it was so...... but it seems be like closing eye against danger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Holiday, FL
1,577 posts, read 1,738,470 times
Reputation: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
GOD defend of his last scripture " Quran " and has invited atheist to a cultural involvement to detect who is right

God say in Quran to atheists : " if you are in doubt of what we have sent down to our worshiper (prophet Mohamed), produce a chapter comparable to it. call upon your helpers, other than allah, to assist you, if you are true. (23) but if you fail, as you are sure to fail, then guard yourselves against the fire whose fuel is people and stones, prepared for the unbelievers. (24) "


But, in order to fully understand the "last scripture", you must also understand the earliest scripture from before Islam and Zion were born from the same household (half brothers). You also need to study the ancient texts from five thousand years ago and learn what bearing they have on the newest scriptures that are based on the older ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
4,609 posts, read 4,121,764 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
In fact, the Jewish view is that even if you're wrong about G-d, and one day you do indeed end up "meeting your maker," if you lived a good clean life, you too probably have a share in the world to come.

For all you athiests, I (as a representative Yid) would tell you this; live a good life. Keep your nose clean. Be kind to others. Believe in G-d? Optional.
Flipper, that is an amazing post! I had no idea Jews felt that way about us non-believers. Maybe that is why I see those "coexist" signs, with the Star of David as the 'x'.

If other Jews think like you do, then I have gained a whole new respect for Judaism. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
 
3,968 posts, read 3,352,470 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh, you self righteous believers of mythology....You all think you are so much better than the guy who has a different god belief than you do, and what you think of atheists (very little potnetial (sic) is telling, because deep down I think you know that us atheists are the ones who have it right... I find it so entertaining to watch you people squabble over who's "let's pretend" story is right...Keep up the good work.
Sorry sanspeur, I was trying to make you feel better. In that if you're right (there's no G-d), then you have nothing to worry about. You die and go into the groud, just like you thought. And if you're wrong (there is a G-d), He'll still give you credit in thw world to coome for good behavior in this world.

Read that as self-rightous if you want. I'm just telling you the Jewish belief. And then following that up with something most Chrstians won't tell you: there's no reason why you should believe like we Jews do. Believe your own way - that probably works, too. Jew, Chrstian, Athiest - all good (not for my fellow born Jews, however, as they have big obligations on this earth to fulfill - sorry folks).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
 
3,968 posts, read 3,352,470 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Flipper, that is an amazing post! I had no idea Jews felt that way about us non-believers. Maybe that is why I see those "coexist" signs, with the Star of David as the 'x'.

If other Jews think like you do, then I have gained a whole new respect for Judaism. Seriously.
I can't promise you all other Jews have been taught this way - but I can assure you this is a fully kosher Jewish belief, based on Talmud and Torah - the writings of our greatest sages, and the word of G-d Himself (or not, in case there is no G-d ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Golden, CO
2,108 posts, read 2,502,610 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
In that if you're right (there's no G-d), then you have nothing to worry about. You die and go into the groud, just like you thought. And if you're wrong (there is a G-d), He'll still give you credit in thw world to coome for good behavior in this world.
You do realize that those aren't the only two possibilities, right? There are a billion scenarios in which we are both wrong. Your G-d isn't the only possible g-d that might exist. There might be a g-d that rewards atheists more than believing Jews. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top