U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 PM
 
Location: The Other California
4,255 posts, read 4,723,547 times
Reputation: 1527

Advertisements

This thread is for the purpose of initiating a discussion, or at least stimulating thought, on the topic of Islamism in the United States and what to do about it. I would like to highlight a three-part series at the blog What's Wrong With the World titled "Disinviting Islam".

The first article
establishes the radical incompatibility of Islam with American culture, customs, laws and institutions. It establishes the need to see Islam as not a religion only, but a socio-political movement that is antithetical to the foundations of American life and liberty.

The second article makes policy proposals aimed at arresting the influence of Islam in the United States. In addition, the article suggests some personal, non-political steps that ordinary people can take in order to resist the advances of Islamism in their own communities.

The third article discusses the compatibility of these anti-Islamist proposals with Christian charity, because it is often alleged that Christian values demand that Islam and its practitioners be welcomed with open arms and generously accommodated.

I hope at least a few City-Data readers will give these articles some careful thought. It's true that the abstract idea of deliberately making a religious group feel unwelcome runs directly counter to American ideals of religious liberty and cultural pluralism. But let's face it: Islam has pushed these ideals to the limit. We're going to have to re-think a few things. Much better to do this now, and peacefully, than tomorrow when the situation is out of control and peaceful solutions are unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2012, 06:37 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,945 posts, read 4,738,704 times
Reputation: 1328
Hey, that might be helpful at getting rid of all the corrupting religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Charlotte county, Florida
4,196 posts, read 5,247,387 times
Reputation: 12201
Things are out of contol, and peace is pretty much out the window..

Honestly, besides a few.. Who loves thy neighbor anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 AM
 
19,183 posts, read 28,373,850 times
Reputation: 4002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Hey, that might be helpful at getting rid of all the corrupting religions.
Really! The indigenous peoples of both Americas would have done well with a Disinviting the Christians campaign if they could have pulled it off. Of course, the Christians had firesticks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 06:21 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
This thread is for the purpose of initiating a discussion, or at least stimulating thought, on the topic of Islamism in the United States and what to do about it. I would like to highlight a three-part series at the blog What's Wrong With the World titled "Disinviting Islam".

The first article
establishes the radical incompatibility of Islam with American culture, customs, laws and institutions. It establishes the need to see Islam as not a religion only, but a socio-political movement that is antithetical to the foundations of American life and liberty.

The second article makes policy proposals aimed at arresting the influence of Islam in the United States. In addition, the article suggests some personal, non-political steps that ordinary people can take in order to resist the advances of Islamism in their own communities.

The third article discusses the compatibility of these anti-Islamist proposals with Christian charity, because it is often alleged that Christian values demand that Islam and its practitioners be welcomed with open arms and generously accommodated.

I hope at least a few City-Data readers will give these articles some careful thought. It's true that the abstract idea of deliberately making a religious group feel unwelcome runs directly counter to American ideals of religious liberty and cultural pluralism. But let's face it: Islam has pushed these ideals to the limit. We're going to have to re-think a few things. Much better to do this now, and peacefully, than tomorrow when the situation is out of control and peaceful solutions are unlikely.
Many of us have long family roots in America, going back to before colonial days. Muslims were among some of the Earliest settlers. Islam is not new to America,

It has only been in the past few years that some Christians have singled us out and suddenly become phobic about us. What do you think we will or even can do that we have not done in the past 4-5 hundred years?

We were not a threat to you in the past, we are not a threat today. There are Muslim families in the US that trace their roots back to before the arrival of the Pilgrims. Muslim roots in America, are as old as The Christian Roots and predate some Christian denominations.

Those who wear the name Muslim and commit violence are as much our enemy as yours. Do not ascribe the actions of some to all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 AM
 
8,101 posts, read 7,068,811 times
Reputation: 1433
All the spring of democracy in the eastern Muslim nation will never bring the release of freedoms for these nations that the west may want , as democracy rules , the God of Christianity will be removed as many churches have being pushed out , so Then the God of Christianity will bring His wrath which will backfire for these liberal beliefs and the Muslim spring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
All the spring of democracy in the eastern Muslim nation will never bring the release of freedoms for these nations that the west may want , as democracy rules , the God of Christianity will be removed as many churches have being pushed out , so Then the God of Christianity will bring His wrath which will backfire for these liberal beliefs and the Muslim spring
At the moment there is considerable turmoil as corrupt governments are being toppled. Sadly many of these governments are seen as having been established by Western forces, Which in some case is true, such as Sadam was in Iraq, Gahdafi in Lybia, the Saud Family in Saudi, The rise of the Ayatoullahs in Iran, the Regime in Egypt, Hmmm nearly ever Mideastern Country that has oil or control of it's shipping

The governments being toppled were/are very corrupt and sadly were established by Western concerns. The Over throwing is giving freedom to the people, but at the same time there is much anger towards the west for ruining their nation with evil governments. Christianity is seen as being Western and too often this anger is taken out on innocent Christians in those nations.

Hopefully, reason will return very soon and again there will be peaceful coexistence between Christians and Muslims as there had been for many centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
4,609 posts, read 4,112,597 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Islamism in the United States and what to do about it.
I wouldn't worry about people believing in different religions as long as we don't go too far in catering to their beliefs and customs.

For example, a Muslim lady in Florida wanted to wear one of those tents (do they call it a 'burka'?) when her photo was taken for her drivers license. The judge ruled she could not get a license without showing her face.

At a roller skating rink near where I live they had a rule against wearing any kind of head gear. One Sikh guy wanted to wear his turban. I forgot how the court ruled on that one.

Our common law is based on common sense, and if we keep that up we will do fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 PM
 
912 posts, read 720,380 times
Reputation: 115
The bottom line is people feel more comfortable bringing homeland ideas wherever they migrate. I remember taking a drive late one night through a major N/A city. We decided to go through all the different ethnic neighbourhoods and look around for something to do.....It must have been garbage night....The Greek , Ital, Portg...all had their garbage out at the street in impecable easy pick up order..You could see many other groups probably threw the garbage from the veranda to exact a probable target at the end of the driveway...what a mess. Interestingly, the homelands of these places don't look that much different. The greater amount of people you migrate into an area, the greater that area will look , seem & sound like the homeland...give it a few years. Its natural...people will want to feel at home. These are simple rules of life that no one person made up. News, media, attention...talk about a propaganda war... The more regard , the more the old barbaric life becomes part of everyone else's life.N/A must detach itself as greatly as possible from these distant barbaric lands. If a person HAD to move to an Islamic country and was Christian or another religion...would they be running around getting news time, attention, complaining about laws as well simple By-laws..? No....because they would be dealt with in an old world barbaric way...we know this. So what I don't get is the incredible NERVE in view of our recent history for any Islamic believing individual to even OPEN up the mandible area....re matters complaints whatever which draw attention to Islam...(all of the matters including politics) I simply cannot for the life of me understand the unmitigated impudicity.

( save some good muslim leaders trying to STRAIGHTEN OUT with guidance ect the many ....

Regulated in order to maintain a clear distinction between extreme Islam and the moderate belief....?

If Islam "refuses" to organize and regulate a distinction, the Country is forced to levy a division with clear rules including licence to ensure a positive contribution to society rather than the opposing consequence. An opposing consequence well known and endured throughout the globe. ... re Islam population growth vrs chaos.

...

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-15-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2012, 01:37 PM
 
22 posts, read 12,557 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Many of us have long family roots in America, going back to before colonial days. Muslims were among some of the Earliest settlers. Islam is not new to America,

It has only been in the past few years that some Christians have singled us out and suddenly become phobic about us. What do you think we will or even can do that we have not done in the past 4-5 hundred years?

We were not a threat to you in the past, we are not a threat today. There are Muslim families in the US that trace their roots back to before the arrival of the Pilgrims. Muslim roots in America, are as old as The Christian Roots and predate some Christian denominations.

Those who wear the name Muslim and commit violence are as much our enemy as yours. Do not ascribe the actions of some to all of us.

The problem is in the dogma. The dogma is oppressive against all other religions. The more peopole follow that dogme, the more people get murdered ad oppressed. It teaches that Christians and Jews can't be trusted. It is antiAmerican by nature. It is the opposite of freedom of religion. The problem isn't with all Muslims. The problem is with the one's that follow that dogma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top