U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 12:00 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,800,062 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
Who has watched the Wilders video and said to themselves, what a nice bunch of folks? I wish they could be my neighbors.

I'm sure all you none believers didn't even watch the video. Apparently Europe will have to fall to wake you folks up.
Nah, we Europeans know who the real threat is; Wilders who demands freedom of speech, just not for the Islam.
Wilders also claims to be for the freedom of religion, just not the Islam.
Wilders did not make this movie to 'warn' Europe, he only made this movie to capitalise on the fear for the Islam so his political party will grow.
Wilders must've reasoned that if Hitler was able to grow fat on the destruction of the Jews, why couldn't he do the same on the destruction of the Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 06:24 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,885,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I think you just explained why Pres. Bush keeps saying that history will judge him favorably (mainly for attacking Iraq) - because he seems to believe all the stuff you just wrote.

Yes, I'm listening. I just don't believe what I'm hearing.
Whatever Bush or anyone else does, it will not stop what is going to happen to America. But you can believe this. The Bible stated near the end of time the Jews would return to the land of Israel, and they would retake Jerusalem. That was stated in Ezekiel chapters 36, 37, 38, and 39. The Bible also tells us, that Jerusalems East Gate would be sealed up untill the end of time, and only when the Prince to come returns will it be opened. I understand you don't believe this. Yet, can you tell me why all these events are true? Why are the Jews back in Israel? Why are the Jews in control of Jerusalem? Why is Jerusalems East Gate still sealed? How is this all untrue, when it is true?

Eastern Gate Prophecy

Focus on Jerusalem~Eastern Gate in Prophecy

Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34Which nation?
The American's or the Christian's?

BTW I do not believe in prophecies, they tend to blind people from actual reality; written prophecies often become self-fulfilling 'prophecies' simply because people want them to become reality.
If that is true, explain how Jerusalems East Gate prophecy became self-fulfilling? How is it that the men who wrote the prophecy knew that Jerusalems Old Gate would survive the test of time? How did they know that hundreds of years latter another Porch Gate would be built right on top of it by non-believers in the Bible? How did they know that non-believers would have the Porch Gate sealed up? How did they know that all attempts to open the newer Porch Gate after it was sealed would end in failure? And how did the Bible know that this Gate would remain sealed all the way until the time the Jews returned from a world wide exile? And how did they know the Jews would first take souther Israel, which they did in 1948? And how did they know the Jews secondly would retake Jerusalem, which they did in 1967? PLEASE EXPLAIN? Because unless you can explain all of this, it would appear to me, your the one that is blind to reality.

Focus on Jerusalem~Eastern Gate in Prophecy

Old 03-29-2008, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
If that is true, explain how Jerusalems East Gate prophecy became self-fulfilling? (...) Because unless you can explain all of this, it would appear to me, your the one that is blind to reality.
Because if you make many prophecies then 1 will bound to be spot on; in other words coincidence.
Prophecies are exactly like gambling; every gambler knows basic mathematics and basic psychology, but he just can't apply it to himself. Gamblers generally don't know when to quit and every gambler always looses way more than he wins, but every time that he wins he believes that fortune is smiling on him.
But it is only the luck of the draw; coincidence.
And the fact still is that gamblers loose more than they win and that in the end people believe whatever they want to believe.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:01 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,657,932 times
Saying that when anything from the Bible comes true is a coincidence holds as much weight to believers, as us having faith does to non-believers.

You can't be so skeptical about faith, then hold tight to things happen by "coincidence" when you don't have the answers.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by HsvMike
Quote:
You can't be so skeptical about faith, then hold tight to things happen by "coincidence" when you don't have the answers.
Of course you can. The only way it would be impossible is when you don't believe in coincidence.
I don't believe in control, that is I can control myself.
I cannot control what others want to believe.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Because if you make many prophecies then 1 will bound to be spot on; in other words coincidence.
Prophecies are exactly like gambling; every gambler knows basic mathematics and basic psychology, but he just can't apply it to himself. Gamblers generally don't know when to quit and every gambler always looses way more than he wins, but every time that he wins he believes that fortune is smiling on him.
But it is only the luck of the draw; coincidence.
And the fact still is that gamblers loose more than they win and that in the end people believe whatever they want to believe.
It would take more faith to believe that all of that happened by chance, then it would, to believe it all happened by design. If you consider the two attempts to break through the Gate that failed, and all the other prophecies that were fulfilled just on that one Bible prophecy, you would be talking nine coincidences, that required thousands of years to be fulfilled. Coincidence, I think not. And that's the thing about the Bible, there are just way to many coincidences. When you really get into Bible prophecy, that's when you start to see that all of this could not possibly of happened by chance. And when you see the 300 prophecies that Jesus Christ fulfilled in the Old Testament, then you understand, this Book is special.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Where does the Bible talk about America? Surely, the US of A wasn't even thought of in those days. That's like Nostradamus predicting about September 11th. It's all what you want it to be when you read those quatrains... I saw someone fold a dollar bill a certain way and it shows the twin towers..another prediction..
The Bible often does not give names, that's why you will never see the name Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. Yet because of the Old Testament and Jesus Christ fulfilling the 300 prophecies to be found there, two billion people call Jesus Christ Lord.
America is the same way. In Jer. chapters 50 and 51 it gives a description of a nation that will exist at the end of time. The description matches the prophecy in Revelation chapter 18. When you put the prophecies together from both the Old nd new Testaments you will discover there is only one nation on earth that can fill the bill. I discovered this long ago on my wifes uncles farm up in Minnesota. That in itself is an interesting story, and I always felt that God had showed that to me. However, in the following years many Christians have discovered the same thing.

If you just type in (America is Babylon) in a search engine, you will see there is no shortage of ministers writing about this. Yet, I came on this long before most of these sites even existed.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:00 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,657,932 times
Quote:
Of course you can. The only way it would be impossible is when you don't believe in coincidence.
I don't believe in control, that is I can control myself.
I cannot control what others want to believe.
A believer can get blasted on here for having faith in something or someone that there isn't absolute proof in. But if a non-believer cannot explain something, than coincidence is an acceptable reply. Sounds like a double standard to me. I am not saying that I don't believe in coincidence, I am just saying you can't have it both ways. If you need proof for one, you should need it for the other. But we will just have to agree to disagree.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:40 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,774,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
...Given enought time, Muslims will control nukes, and unlike Russia that backed away from the concept of Mutual Assured Destruction, the Islamics will welcome it as a free ticket into heaven fighting the Great Satan.
Ummm, Muslims already control nuclear weapons, and have since 1997.

The name of the country is Pakistan, BTW.

Oh yes, and the Hindus have had nuclear weapons since 1974.

Last edited by Astron1000; 03-29-2008 at 01:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or