U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-30-2008, 07:18 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,807,884 times
Reputation: 1573

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Bideshi
Quote:
But no one can be in God's presence polluted by unforgiven sin.
The question than is who is the unrepentant sinner? The Jews, the Christians or the Islam?
Or all those who do not follow the path of Jesus (Jew and / or Christian?) and Ghandi (Hindu), Martin Luther King JR (Baptist) and Malcolm X (Islam)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2008, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,801,404 times
Reputation: 5454
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
And according to the Scriptures, it will be Russia with her allies that will move on Israel near the time of the end.
Could you point out the passage that specifically refers to Russia by name in the Bible so that it couldn't possibly be confused with some other nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2008, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Earth. For now.
1,226 posts, read 1,776,565 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote: "And according to the Scriptures, it will be Russia with her allies that will move on Israel near the time of the end."

Could you point out the passage that specifically refers to Russia by name in the Bible so that it couldn't possibly be confused with some other nation?
Actually it was Hal Lindsey and Carole Carlson in their book The Late Great Planet Earth, not the Bible. Lindsey claimed - typical of eschatological fundamentalism - that the Soviet Union (not Russia) is the "magog" of the Bible and would invade Israel by 1988, or at least within "one generation" of Israel's founding in 1948.

That didn't work out too well did it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2008, 11:39 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,891,233 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Actually it was Hal Lindsey and Carole Carlson in their book The Late Great Planet Earth, not the Bible. Lindsey claimed - typical of eschatological fundamentalism - that the Soviet Union (not Russia) is the "magog" of the Bible and would invade Israel by 1988, or at least within "one generation" of Israel's founding in 1948.

That didn't work out too well did it?
Hal Lindsey was wrong about it being the (Soviet Union), yet the Bible was correct when it describes the area of (Russia). Russia is spoken of in the Bible, when the text describes Gog and Mygog. These were ancient tribes that setteled in the land we know as Russia today. God tells Ezekiel that Israels enemy will come from the utter most north. If you draw a vertical line from Jerusalem on a globe to the upper north you will discover it perfectly intersects Moscow. Christians new as early as 1974 that the Russian Government was going to fall because of David Wilkersons book "The Vision". In his book, Mr. Wilkerson stated that God had given him a vision of the future, and God was goint to bring a truce between the East and the West so the Gospel could be preached behind the Iron Curtain countries. So many of us Christians had been waiting for that to happen. The Soviet Unions fall came to know surprise to informed Christians. Wilkerson also stated that this truce would not last forever, and Russia would come back again only worse than it was before.
The Bible indicates that the generation that sees Israel return as a nation will not (pass away) until all end Bible prophecies will be fulfilled. Hal Lindsey was wrong again when he put a number of years on a generation. (The Bible does not do this). What the Bible clearly indicates is that there will still be people alive at the end of days who were born in the year 1948. 1948 being the year Israel became a nation. According to the Old Testament, God would return on or near the third day. If Jesus Christ death marked the beginning of the first day, then the beginning of the third day would be around the year 2033, give or take a few years. According to the Bible, one day in God's time = 1,000 years. If that is the case, then those born in the year 1948 would be around 85 years old in the year 2033. It's remarkable that the prophecy of the New Testament, and the prophecy of the Old Testament, seem to Hit these dates so close. And those dates could not of been predicted until Israels first declared itself a nation. Another one of those coincidences? I would say the Bibles timing is right on schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2008, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,801,404 times
Reputation: 5454
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
Russia is spoken of in the Bible, when the text describes Gog and Mygog. These were ancient tribes that setteled in the land we know as Russia today.
I couldn't find any historical references to Gog and Mygog. Do you have the specific Bible passage and also an outside historical reference that's not from a religious website but rather an from an academic source which documents the existence of these tribes and exactly where they were located? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2008, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Earth. For now.
1,226 posts, read 1,776,565 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Hal Lindsey was wrong again when he put a number of years on a generation. (The Bible does not do this). What the Bible clearly indicates is that there will still be people alive at the end of days who were born in the year 1948. 1948 being the year Israel became a nation. According to the Old Testament, God would return on or near the third day. If Jesus Christ death marked the beginning of the first day, then the beginning of the third day would be around the year 2033, give or take a few years. According to the Bible, one day in God's time = 1,000 years. If that is the case, then those born in the year 1948 would be around 85 years old in the year 2033. It's remarkable that the prophecy of the New Testament, and the prophecy of the Old Testament, seem to Hit these dates so close. And those dates could not of been predicted until Israels first declared itself a nation. Another one of those coincidences? I would say the Bibles timing is right on schedule.
So let me get this straight. Lindsey is wrong when putting a number of years on a generation. Even though countless biblical scholars have concluded that a generation is 40 years? Or are you saying that a generation is some other number?

And where exactly does the bible predict that "that there will still be people alive at the end of days who were born in the year 1948" by your own quote?

Furthermore, by your argument, this means that the end of the "third day" is the year 3033. And what about the operative word "near?" Doesn't this mean it could occur anywhere from 2033 to 4033? Or maybe the problem is that god will return anytime on the third day, by the bible's own reckoning. Gee, this must mean that he could come back in the morning, afternoon or evening.

That's a pretty wide range of years, about 333 or so for each one.

And where exactly does your reasoning come from by declaring Jesus' death as the beginning of the first day? Why not his birth, since that presumably ushered in the new age?

Or are you really arguing that the end of the world is going to happen on Easter sunday in the year 2033?

My goodness. What conceit! I thought god said that "no man knows the hour?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,667,671 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
In Revelation. Along with liars, whoremongers, idolaters, adulterers, drunkards, witches, and so on. This means unrepentant and unforgiven sinners. A murderer can repent of his sin, be forgiven and washed clean by the blood of Jesus. God loves us so much that He can forget our sin just as if it never happened. But no one can be in God's presence polluted by unforgiven sin.
You left out the Fearful and unbelieving.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2008, 10:02 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,807,884 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
And those dates could not of been predicted until Israels first declared itself a nation. Another one of those coincidences?
Wrong, making predictions is easy; the only way the prediction of Israel would have been impossible is if there where no Jews.
So as long as there are Jews, Israel is a possibility.

You can predict anything, the difficulty lies in making accurate predictions. *The self-declared Ortodox Christian prophet Pyotr Kuznetsov has convinced his sect that they should hole themselves up in a cave because the end of times had arrived.
So I guess as long as there is a Bible, predictions about the beginning of the end of times will be made.

Source: 7 members of Russian cult that feared world's end emerge from cave - International Herald Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,891,233 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
So let me get this straight. Lindsey is wrong when putting a number of years on a generation. Even though countless biblical scholars have concluded that a generation is 40 years? Or are you saying that a generation is some other number?

And where exactly does the bible predict that "that there will still be people alive at the end of days who were born in the year 1948" by your own quote?

Furthermore, by your argument, this means that the end of the "third day" is the year 3033. And what about the operative word "near?" Doesn't this mean it could occur anywhere from 2033 to 4033? Or maybe the problem is that god will return anytime on the third day, by the bible's own reckoning. Gee, this must mean that he could come back in the morning, afternoon or evening.

That's a pretty wide range of years, about 333 or so for each one.

And where exactly does your reasoning come from by declaring Jesus' death as the beginning of the first day? Why not his birth, since that presumably ushered in the new age?

Or are you really arguing that the end of the world is going to happen on Easter sunday in the year 2033?

My goodness. What conceit! I thought god said that "no man knows the hour?"
All you have to do is read what the text in question states. This generation will not (PASS AWAY). Another words, there will still be people alive from that generation. Why would anyone put a number of years on that generation when the text itself does not?

1948 is when Israel became a nation. And that fullfilled the prophecy found in Matthew 24:32 to 35. Jesus stated, "Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33. so you too, when you see all these things, recognize that he is near right at the door. 34. Truly I say to you this generation will not pass away until all these things be fulfilled.
Israel in Scripture is represented by the fig tree. And when Israel declared itself a nation, that is when it first put forth it leaves.

God did say no man knows the (day or the hour), He did not say (the year), and I can't say the year myself. However, both the Old and New Testaments puts the focus on Israels rebirth as the sign the world should be watching for. And that is where we find ourselves today. And Jesus tells us, that when we see the fig tree shoot for it's leaves, then we should know that He is near right at the door ready to return. It is my belief that (around the year 2034) we could see the removal of the church from off the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,807,884 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
God did say no man knows the (day or the hour), He did not say (the year), and I can't say the year myself.
The thing is that it is only written that God has said anything. Whenever we believe that God is actually speaking to us there never is any solid proof.
Besidez, how many 'prophets' have prophesized that the end of time would occur in the year x and whenever that didn't happen he simply excuses this by saying that he had read the prophecies wrong so the end of time will happen in the year x+1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top