U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 08:03 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,661,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I think the sooner religion exits and proof that no gods exist surfaces, the better. Then all the bickering will stop, maybe it will be replaced with other bickering but at least it will be something new, not this ageold fighting over who's god is better... That's all it is nowadays; Muslims are wrong, Jews are wrong....the list goes on and on, people are being killed for what god they prefer.
look at the Mayans and Azteks and so on...they all selfdistructed and had gods that were just as important as the one you believe in nowadays.
When the 2nd coming happens, then it will stop.

Or maybe as soon as all the non-believers believe, then the bickering will stop as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,336,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34The problem then is what is evidence?
I mean there is no evidence of God, so how do you want evidence from God speaking?
The fact that there might be historical proof of Jesus, does not mean that the Jesus the Bible described ever existed.
The only thing that you can prove with the Bible is if Jesus' philosophy works or not. Whether Jesus is the son of God or God Himself cannot be proven.

For me personally it is irrelevant if Jesus existed or not, or that God exists or not. As long as Jesus' philosophy works for me and my environment I'll keep following his path.
Jesus said that he was the son of God and the fact that he did humanly exist and that he did die for our sins is the crux and center of everything he taught. Everything else he said or did was pointed to that. So to say you follow his philosophy is just bull. No you don't.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,820,795 times
Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
Jesus said that he was the son of God and the fact that he did humanly exist and that he did die for our sins is the crux and center of everything he taught. Everything else he said or did was pointed to that.
Many people (besides Napoleon Bonaparte himself because he knew he was Napoleon) believed themselves to be Napoleon.
Do you think that once Mr X (one of these insane people who believe themselves to be Napoleon) has gathered followers who, like their leader, believe that Mr X is Napoleon, Mr X suddenly becomes Napoleon?

Quote:
So to say you follow his philosophy is just bull. No you don't.
One individual who suffers from a delusion is called insane, but a crowd who suffers from the same delusion is called a religion.
Just because 1000's of people believe that 1+1=11 does not make it so.
Unlike his believers I will maybe admit that Mr X knows a lot of Napoleon and may have studied him intensively, but I'll never believe that Mr X = Napoleon.
In other words; I believe in the philosophy of Jesus but do not care if he ever existed or not. As long as Jesus’ philosophy works for me I will follow it.
I also do not believe that the Bible is a 100% correct when it comes to Jesus.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:57 PM

55,752 posts, read 74,750,717 times
remember the spanish inquisition from high school history? something like that.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,661,059 times
When peaceful Muslims start to take control of their religion, start marching in the streets denouncing terrorism, start turning in terrorists and working with law enforcement to eradicate terrorism, THEN I will believe that Islam is a peaceful religion.

Until then, the Muslim silence is truly deafening.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,903,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by jujMany people (besides Napoleon Bonaparte himself because he knew he was Napoleon) believed themselves to be Napoleon.
Do you think that once Mr X (one of these insane people who believe themselves to be Napoleon) has gathered followers who, like their leader, believe that Mr X is Napoleon, Mr X suddenly becomes Napoleon?

One individual who suffers from a delusion is called insane, but a crowd who suffers from the same delusion is called a religion.
Just because 1000's of people believe that 1+1=11 does not make it so.
Unlike his believers I will maybe admit that Mr X knows a lot of Napoleon and may have studied him intensively, but I'll never believe that Mr X = Napoleon.
In other words; I believe in the philosophy of Jesus but do not care if he ever existed or not. As long as Jesusí philosophy works for me I will follow it.
I also do not believe that the Bible is a 100% correct when it comes to Jesus.
Here again you ignore the Old Testament prophecies. Jesus Christ is believed to be God because he fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. These prophecies were written before the birth of Christ. And just as you ignore Bible prophecies that speak of the Jews returning to Israel in our present time, and the East gate prophecy which we can clearly see, you also ignore all the prophecies of Jesus Christs first coming found in the Old Testament as well. As a matter of fact, I believe your whole belief is based on ignoring the obvious, and denying what is true. You can believe whatever you want, but I see the truth of these prophecies. My faith is built on that truth, and not on my personal whim. I believe your faith is based on your personal whim, and has little to do with facts or truth. And when you are presented with facts, you simply deny them, or suggest people are insane for believing in that truth. And the reason you deny those facts, is not because they are not true, but because you don't want to believe. And that's why Jesus asks the question. "How shall they neglect so great a Salvation?" Well, you will have all eternity to ponder that question.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:14 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,173,916 times
Everybody believes something. Some people believe the truth, and some people believe a lie.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 AM

4 posts, read 5,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
What end prophesies? Global warming? That's just part of the earth evolving. One day humans will be gone just like dinosaurs and other species...It's all part of how planets run their course. If the Sun burns out million or thousands of years from now or tomorrow, earth is doomed.
The one true god is the only god that has predicted the events exactly as they are unfolding this very day. To say that god does not exist is like saying that we can live without oxygen. I think that all of us believes or believed in a higher power once in out lives. I believe the truth will reveal itself at the end...and everyone will know that God truly exist.God bless you all even if you do not believe in him.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:34 AM

4 posts, read 5,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Jesus said that he was the son of God and the fact that he did humanly exist and that he did die for our sins is the crux and center of everything he taught. Everything else he said or did was pointed to that. So to say you follow his philosophy is just bull. No you don't.
Hello People the teachings of Jesus"Our Lord and Savior" is not philosophy it is the truth...so please stop referring to his teaching as philosophy....He says "I am the way, the truth and the light no one goes to the father except by me" Hence the word "truth"..philosophy is not the truth but a matter of opinions that are made up by people and passed on as the truth. without proof. God Bless You all

Old 04-02-2008, 01:53 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,820,795 times
Originally Posted by bobmulk
Quote:
When peaceful Muslims start to take control of their religion, start marching in the streets denouncing terrorism, start turning in terrorists and working with law enforcement to eradicate terrorism, THEN I will believe that Islam is a peaceful religion.

Until then, the Muslim silence is truly deafening.
You mean like the democratic Americans invaded the non-democratic nation Iraq?
By force?
Under false accusation?

How many Christians in America condemn the 'Christian' Americans for waging war on Iraq under false pretence?

Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Here again you ignore the Old Testament prophecies. Jesus Christ is believed to be God because he fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament.
I do not ignore anything, because I believe that you believe that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies, but this does not make it true.

Originally Posted by mrscox27
Quote:
He says "I am the way, the truth and the light no one goes to the father except by me" Hence the word "truth"..philosophy is not the truth but a matter of opinions that are made up by people and passed on as the truth. without proof.
I rather follow Jesus' philosophy of non-violent resistance instead of picking up the sword, or gun.
You can kill the messenger, but not the truth that violence only breeds more violence.
Like Jesus I simply believe that the pen is mightier than the sword.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or