U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,221 posts, read 2,658,118 times
Reputation: 482

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
What does this mean?
That we in the US should begin to "care" and not accept Muslims?
I think you may have just placed yourself among the "radical" Christians who think Islam itself is a threat to the American way of life.
You are looking at the wrong side of the quote frank, atleast I think you are. The post was referring to another post that talked about how Christianity uses scare tactics of eternal hell and that is comparable to how Muslims use scare tactics in their religion.

Muslims are free to worship in non-muslim parts of the world. But if a non-Muslim believer worships in a Muslim country, then there could be serious problems. So to make it plain and simple, a Muslim isn't going to be killed for worshiping in a non-Muslim country, but a Christian ( for example ) could be arrested and killed for that in a Muslim country. I think that is the main point of the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,662,407 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
You are looking at the wrong side of the quote frank, atleast I think you are. The post was referring to another post that talked about how Christianity uses scare tactics of eternal hell and that is comparable to how Muslims use scare tactics in their religion.

Muslims are free to worship in non-muslim parts of the world. But if a non-Muslim believer worships in a Muslim country, then there could be serious problems. So to make it plain and simple, a Muslim isn't going to be killed for worshiping in a non-Muslim country, but a Christian ( for example ) could be arrested and killed for that in a Muslim country. I think that is the main point of the post.
In fact they are to be beheaded. Rev. prophesied this thousands of years ago.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
 
2,955 posts, read 6,743,612 times
Reputation: 1928
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
You are looking at the wrong side of the quote frank, atleast I think you are. The post was referring to another post that talked about how Christianity uses scare tactics of eternal hell and that is comparable to how Muslims use scare tactics in their religion.

Muslims are free to worship in non-muslim parts of the world. But if a non-Muslim believer worships in a Muslim country, then there could be serious problems. So to make it plain and simple, a Muslim isn't going to be killed for worshiping in a non-Muslim country, but a Christian ( for example ) could be arrested and killed for that in a Muslim country. I think that is the main point of the post.
I got the main point. I was just asking about the clandestine point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2008, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,221 posts, read 2,658,118 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I got the main point. I was just asking about the clandestine point.
Or you were just turning around someone's words, to try and label them something they are not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2008, 11:45 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,800,908 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by twin.spin
Quote:
1. What is this "faith" you speak of - to think that Christians, Muslims, Jews are the same? I would beg to differ.
You need faith in order to have a religion.
Anywayz, I don’t need an organised religion to know that love is the only path to God.

Quote:
2. If you're objecting to "organized" religions, are you implying that "unorganized" are any better?
Yes, unorganised religions and philosophies have no 'peer pressure'. People who are not part of an organised religion are generally more independent thinkers than the massess, because they have more autonomy as individuals as opposed to being in a group (with strict dogmatic rules).

Quote:
3. Are you aware that God through the Apostle Paul almost immediately started organized churches through out Asia Minor (keeping communication & coordination with the church in Jerusalem?)
Yes and these 1st churches who followed the teachings of Jesus are nothing like the modern Christian churches. The religious leaders of the early followers of Jesus lead by example instead of their modern versions who rule over their flock by 'smacking them on the head' with the many laws in the Bibles.
Titles do not mean anything, because it is the action that counts.
Jesus’ message is a simple 1 and you don’t need to read the whole Bible to understand it; treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
Jesus acted as he preached when he did not resist his capture with violence.

Quote:
4. The apostles had an organizational theme developed by Jesus?
A. the "inner three" - Peter, James, John
B. the other "nine"
C. financial secretary - Judas
D. the "others" who were with Jesus from the beginning - Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. Acts 1:23 [most likely 2 of the 72 that Jesus sent out in pairs]
If I'm not mistaken you need 3 people to speak of a group or a crowd therefore 2 people do not make a religion.
Do you think that people who only speak of having a personal relation with God and who do not attend a church are not religious at all?

Quote:
5. The women who personally helped Jesus in his ministry (don't take that incorrectly)
What is your point?

Quote:
After the resurrection, we learn this:

"And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues." 1 Corinthians 12:28
Legislation still does not create reality; there still is no proof of a resurrection.

Quote:
One benifit of "organized religion is when there was a discrepancy of teaching it can be corrected - Paul opposed Peter - Galations 2:11
It then all matters which interpretation of the teaching is right.
In religion discrepancies are rarely solved by logic.

Originally Posted by camping!
Quote:
Being threatened by an afterlife of damnation is a sight different then being threatened by a down syndromed woman rigged with an explosive suicide belt.
As I've posted many times before, only your action counts and not the justification of the action.
If a child is abused it is irrelevant if the abuser is Christian, Muslim or Jewish.
What is relevant however is if their abuse is a direct result of taking religion or any other philosophy literally.

Quote:
Bottom line, Christians and Muslims can believe what they want. Christians don't preach to their members to go out and kill non believers in the name of Jesus (and we are talking current events, not the inquisition or crusades of the middle ages)
Like Christians generally believe that they have separated their religion and state, they also believe that they have separated their economic philosophies and religion.
I simply don't buy it.
But I do believe that European Christians are more progressive when it comes to being tolerant to other religions, gay marriage and separating the state and Christianity in general.

Quote:
"Everyone will be killed, except for Tricky! He understands us"
In order to effectively combat terrorism you have to understand why a terrorist uses terror as his chosen weapon.

Originally Posted by Junos
Quote:
What I'm reading in the news all the time is that if your not Muslim, and your in a Muslim country, you really don't want to be in that country. You can be anything you want here in the US, we don't care.
I doubt homosexuals and women who want an abortion would agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 07:10 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,886,176 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34Simply because people believe whatever they want to believe.
If a man believes he can fly without any technological aid I'll try to convince him that people can't.
Only personal experience can convince a person what he can and cannot do, but even then this is not also the case. Those people who keep rejecting reality are simply delusional.

Because Europe had been guildtripped into giving the Jews Israel after what the Nazis had done to them.
But now that the Israeli government concerning the Gaza seems to act more like the Nazis in WWII, Europe does not blindly support Israel anymore.
It seems as if the Jews only lesson from the holocaust is that if you can't beat them, you should join them.

Personal experience which you can share with others.
I believe you have reached the point of being delusional. And the reason I personally believe this is because facts have been set before you, and those facts are ignored by you. Some how you have reach a point in your life where you now can ignore the obvious, and imbrace the obscure. Everything the Bible said would happen to the Jews and Israel is happening. It is all true. Yet this is a truth you reject. The world does not get it either. Because the Bible tells us that Israel belongs to the Jews. And that truth is why Europe does no blindly support Israel, because they are blind to Biblical truth as well. And it appears it is the world that has not learned from the past. And they will discover this on the day when many nations will try to force the Jews from their land. And the Bible tells us this will happen. Yet, I'm sure that is another truth you will ignore. Your faith is built on ignoring Biblical facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 02:35 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,800,908 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Yet this is a truth you reject. The world does not get it either. Because the Bible tells us that Israel belongs to the Jews. And that truth is why Europe does no blindly support Israel, because they are blind to Biblical truth as well. And it appears it is the world that has not learned from the past. And they will discover this on the day when many nations will try to force the Jews from their land. And the Bible tells us this will happen. Yet, I'm sure that is another truth you will ignore. Your faith is built on ignoring Biblical facts.
I guess Europeans generally donít want to be as blind as that 'Christian' sect in Texas who believes that men only get into heaven when they have 3 wives?
Where 50 year old men marry young girls who barely reached the age of 16? Where their leader Warren Jeffs wants the bloodline to be pure because he believes himself to be a direct descendant of Jesus himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 02:42 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,886,176 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34I guess Europeans generally donít want to be as blind as that 'Christian' sect in Texas who believes that men only get into heaven when they have 3 wives?
Where 50 year old men marry young girls who barely reached the age of 16? Where their leader Warren Jeffs wants the bloodline to be pure because he believes himself to be a direct descendant of Jesus himself?
Oh please, that is a cult that broke away from the Mormons which is far from main line Christian belief. You guys are really grasping for straws now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Egypt
125 posts, read 263,331 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Whatever your Quran says, and what Islamics actually do, appears to be two different things. Maybe you should ask one of those three thousand dead Americans that died in the World Trade Center how peaceful Muslims are.
And before the start of the Crusades, Muslims killed of half of the Christians in the Middle East, and burnt to the ground 3,000 of their churches. Numerous Muslims get off attaching bombs to themselves and killing as many non believers as they can. Your faith is made up of many evil murders. And we see this everyday all around the world. Moderator cut: inflammatory and rude
This is a flaming post full of lies and stereotypes.

Moslims did Not Kill Christians in Middle East nor they burned churches, this is a full ignorant lie.

In fact most Christians of the middle east were happy to get rid of roman oppression, in Egypt as an example the catholic Romans were oppressing the orthodox Christian Egyptians.

It took about four hundred years for moslims to become 90% in Egypt, all by free will conversion, marriage, immigration etc,. You should look at the peace treaty of Moslims first entering Jerusalem, to see how moslims were very careful not to destroy any church, even when the priests invited the moslim Ruler then Omar ibn Alkataab to pray his prayer in the church, he kindly refused and prayed outside it so moslims would not afterwards make it a mosque.

Compare this to Crusades Killing more than 70 Thousand innocent civilian men, women and children in Jerusalem till blood reached their knees.

As for the other lies and false allegations in your post, forgive me they does not deserve to be replied upon, Islam Cleary forbids killing innocent civilians, and moslims throughout history abided by this law. Just cause about a hundred ignorant criminals decided to intentionally ignore Islam Rules and be criminal does not link to the other 1.5 billion moslims, this is ridiculous, they are just a bunch of criminals that will be completely hunted and brought to justice by God willing. Just compare the casualties of other religions extremists through history, (millions), just compare with the crime rate in the west. The civilians brutal casualties in every western army war in the last century even among western to western wars destroying civilian cities was a norm. (Millions civilians in WW2. From 3 to 5 million in Vietnam alone, God knows how many in Iraq today, Thousands Palestinians and Lebanese by Israeli troops, etc).

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 04-08-2008 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Egypt
125 posts, read 263,331 times
Reputation: 24
As for moslims trying to dominate Europe and America through immigrants and large birth.

Normal moslims don't keep in mind a master plan to do so, they just immigrate for economical reasons.

As for birth control, moslims have a popular tradition from the prophet (pbuh) that encourages birth as long as the person can support the children well of course, if not, birth control was permitted in Islam since the early stages.

Molsims in the moslim world also tend to give birth to large number of children, but the cities populations normally have two to three children per family, the Problem is that Christians here in Egypt also tend to give birth to a larger number encouraged by the church, this makes a contest of birth.

In any community the minority regardless of it religion tends to give birth more so that it can strengthens its situation.

So if this becomes a nation wide problem, the solution is simple, make birth control rules that applies over all citizens regardless of their religion. For example two kids per family, or variable rules depending on the economical, regional, social class, The Point is to be a Fair law not Discriminating between various religious groups.

But all this fear seems to be another ridiculous way to verbally attack moslims with no logical reason. They are just stereotype exaggerations.

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 04-08-2008 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top