U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,842 posts, read 21,144,826 times
Reputation: 9420

Advertisements

Religious moslims already outnumber religious Christians.

80% of Americans are 'Christians', but only 20% can name the 4 gospels. Do the math Most American Christians simply like to 'play church' once a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2008, 01:45 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,207,372 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Religious moslims already outnumber religious Christians.

80% of Americans are 'Christians', but only 20% can name the 4 gospels. Do the math Most American Christians simply like to 'play church' once a week
I'd love to see that data.. not that I doubt you but it would be interesting to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,039,322 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
Hey mahmoud mrt, I was just wondering, what does "pbuh" means?
it means Peace Be Upon Him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 4,533,207 times
Reputation: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Religious moslims already outnumber religious Christians.

80% of Americans are 'Christians', but only 20% can name the 4 gospels. Do the math Most American Christians simply like to 'play church' once a week
lol, i actually met an elderly man once in a garage sale who was selling bibles and thought that they were first written by jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,221 posts, read 2,659,027 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
it means Peace Be Upon Him
Is is mandatory to say that after talking about someone, or do people just say it? And thank you elwill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 03:24 AM
 
Location: Egypt
125 posts, read 263,401 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Thank you Mahmoud Mrt....
What you wrote really clarifies this, and I am sorry to say that there are evil people in all religions that pervert Gods word to justify evil behavior.

I was interested that you wrote that these people are hunted down in Muslim countries......What is the average Muslims view on Al Quada and Jihad in general?
Al Quada and jihad group had made many attacks on innocents moslims and non moslims in moslim countries, there are pretty much hated by the public.

To give you the full view, moslims are very much upset wity what israel is continuously doing killing palestinians, destroying their farms, taking the 20% left of their original country, and of course gradually overrunning the Aqsa mosque in eastern Arabian Jerusalem in a clear attempt top destroy it (it the third most important mosque in the whole world).

And considering that the west has and still supplies israel with weapons, aid and political support, and very clearly the US prevents even any condemnation from UN towards israel criminal acts.

This and with the unfair standards that after destroying Iraq in the 1990, the west enforced unjust and inhuman sanctions that lead to the death of hundreds of thousand of innocent children.

This created a feeling of unjust and pain among moslims and arabs.

So after 9/11, some moslims ignored the clear direction of not hurting civilians in Islam and was somehow happy, but any conversation in Religion they just can't deny the fact and are refuted. Cause religion is very clear in this.

Like after the London bombing many scholars stood firm against this crime and illustrated to moslims that this in a crime by Islam law, It's a multiple crime actually, cause it includes killing innocents, betraying the safety contract (passport) which is clearly forbidden in Islam.

So this is the view, moslims here wants only to live normally, they wish the best for their nation.

*****************

As for the term Jehad: It means making effort to be a good person, staying away from sins., doing good deeds.

And it includes the war effort in battles defending the moslims' state and moslims' right to talk to others (who wants to know) about their religion without being killed or imprisoned. With clear constraints of not ever hurting civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,039,322 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
Is is mandatory to say that after talking about someone, or do people just say it? And thank you elwill.
we say that after talking about any prophet .
you are wellcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,289,229 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud mrt View Post
Al Quada and jihad group had made many attacks on innocents moslims and non moslims in moslim countries, there are pretty much hated by the public.

To give you the full view, moslims are very much upset wity what israel is continuously doing killing palestinians, destroying their farms, taking the 20% left of their original country, and of course gradually overrunning the Aqsa mosque in eastern Arabian Jerusalem in a clear attempt top destroy it (it the third most important mosque in the whole world).

And considering that the west has and still supplies israel with weapons, aid and political support, and very clearly the US prevents even any condemnation from UN towards israel criminal acts.

This and with the unfair standards that after destroying Iraq in the 1990, the west enforced unjust and inhuman sanctions that lead to the death of hundreds of thousand of innocent children.

This created a feeling of unjust and pain among moslims and arabs.

So after 9/11, some moslims ignored the clear direction of not hurting civilians in Islam and was somehow happy, but any conversation in Religion they just can't deny the fact and are refuted. Cause religion is very clear in this.

Like after the London bombing many scholars stood firm against this crime and illustrated to moslims that this in a crime by Islam law, It's a multiple crime actually, cause it includes killing innocents, betraying the safety contract (passport) which is clearly forbidden in Islam.

So this is the view, moslims here wants only to live normally, they wish the best for their nation.

*****************

As for the term Jehad: It means making effort to be a good person, staying away from sins., doing good deeds.

And it includes the war effort in battles defending the moslims' state and moslims' right to talk to others (who wants to know) about their religion without being killed or imprisoned. With clear constraints of not ever hurting civilians.
Thank you again, Mahmoud Mrt, for taking the time to explain these things to those of us not Muslim.

I can understand the hostility felt between Palestinians and Israelis....and I don't pretend to know if a peaceful answer can ever be found there (though I certainly hope so for everybody living in that region).

I would like to ask you what I asked elwill in another thread........In Iraq there are a lot of bombings where Muslim people are targeted by other Muslim people...such at police stations, schools and Mosques. Why are they doing that? Is this religious or political or a combination of both?
As you know, in the US the Iraq war is a huge controversy.....what would you as a Muslim think would be the best way for the US to handle it at this point....should the US get out of Iraq immediatly, or do a gradual troop withdrawl or another option? I would be very interested to know what people in that part of the world see as the best option.

Thank you again!

Last edited by camping!; 04-15-2008 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: cleaned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,315 times
Reputation: 10
As per hindu astrology and astronomy jesus appears on 30/03/2033 eastern side of damascus syria at 06h06 am on a solar eclipse. As per islam jesus is known as 'isa' as per the tamil calendar the year 2033 is called paramad 'isa'. As per vedic astrology calculations on 30/03/2033 and the arrangement of the planets signify a great personality is appearing.
Ask any vedic astrologer to work on the above calculation and they will verify that jesus will appear on 30/03/2033 at 06h06 am syria damascus. The prophet muhammad also said from darkness at dawn isa or jesus appears ,only an eclipse can cause darkness at dawn!! Besides jesus said look for the signs in the sky for the coming of the son of man.
As usual the vedas give the answers to everything cause everything on earth emanates from the vedas !! Pity the other religions couldnt figure it out!
anyway common sense dictates jesus appears in syria ,its the place where john the baptist is buried!
jesus ascended to heaven when he was 33 yrs old. so 2033 will be the year of his appearance 2000 years later.
if youre an astronomer check the alignment of the planets on 30/03/2033 simply mind blowing.
if youre an astrologer check the placement of the planets in the zodiac houses on 30/03/2033 time 06h06 am syria damascus its simply mind blowing .
before his appearance there will be a comet passing by just like the one that past by in bethelem the first time, it was recorded by chinese astronomers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by dragon4; 07-25-2008 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Nanaimo, Canada
1,808 posts, read 1,589,520 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You really need to look at what's happening oven in Europe. Islam believes that they can flood a country with people from their culture and through vast numbers change that country. It's happening. It is you that is underinformed.
They have long term goals but believe Europe will be Islamic in the next 30 years. Hope these post work for you.

Gadhafi: Islam taking over Europe
Islam is taking over, says Dutch politician
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1167467834546&pagename=JPost%2FJPArt ic... (broken link)
Interesting -- I recall reading not too long ago about a pair of radical Christians that were encouraging their 'flock' to move into a single state in an atempt to capture a position inside the state government.

Interesting, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top