U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 AM

1,808 posts, read 1,599,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Crusades historically were a reaction to Muslims spreading the faith by the sword
*Puts on his 'Historian' hat*

Campbell, the First Crusade, (also called the People's Crusade) was sparked by Christians that wanted to 'purify' land that was supposedly 'stolen' from them.

Peter the Hermit let a small army of several thousand farmers and landowners (civillians, no less) to battle -- where the vast majority of the ragtag, mostly unarmed 'army' was destroyed by vastly superior, trained and well-armed soldiers.

In fact, most of the supposedly 'upstanding' Crusaders that came (then and in the later Crusades) stole, raped and murdered to their hearts' content when it became clear that nobody was going to stop them.

As was said to me once: 'To the majority of Crusading soliders, chivalry was never anything more than a 'nice idea'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,518 times
all rubish both cristrianity and muslims allow killing of animals muslims even cruellylike halal. How can any religion ask to kill something or some one iids are crime kiiling innocent goat s in thousands. budhism is the religion. jainism is the religion. hinduism is the religion the others are like power games nothing else.Just like who is the farest of all. I know i will get bad remarks from them. Still deep down the heart just think about it what have you both made the world a **** place... as it is there are diseases, famine, scarcity of food, oil crisis, global warming and u talk of petty religion. I wish I can abolish all from your brains and feed 1 religion Live and let live not only in our race but all and consume only basic what you need,,,,, hindu muslim sikhisai hain sare bahai bhai. As the adam and eve theory says we are all sons and daughters of the same adam and eve. Allah i dont undertand lives in mecca surrounded by sheets, may be he wants to hide himself as when because of terrorism the world gets ruined no one knows his face. What has the religion given dont understand myaery and pain to those who follow and those who are khafir victims to it. Dosent this religion no humanity. I must say all muslims are not terrorists but all terrorists end up being muslims gets the obe who are good in the same category. These selfish relent less acts like 9 11,26 11 are nothing but create enimity towards this religion. Crusades were wrong so are jihad made only by people of power to remain in power and uneducated souls fall victim and end up dead. this id not a jonoon this is not a service to god this is a curde to society. So again live and let live ahinsa is the way or all end up dead too fast too soon.

Last edited by wisdomtoalllovetoall; 12-29-2008 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 12-31-2008, 10:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Jesus said that he was the son of God and the fact that he did humanly exist and that he did die for our sins is the crux and center of everything he taught. Everything else he said or did was pointed to that. So to say you follow his philosophy is just bull. No you don't.
I never said that I completely folllow his teachings through and through. none of us do. thats where repentence comes in and prayer. So stop putting words in my mouth. I just said stop saying his teachings are philosophy when in fact they are the truth. thats all. for you to say that !dont follow his teachings...WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME. ONLY GOD KNOWS IF MY HEART SINCERE OR NOT. NOT YOU! God bless you anyway I know he is the son of the living God. Our Lord and Savior.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:00 AM

2,905 posts, read 6,596,762 times
Here is the OP, because after reading 27 pages this thread has definitely gotten OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
I don't mean that literally, but what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command? The more progessive Christians become the more dominant Muslims seem to be. I would have no concern about a growing Muslim religion in the world if they respected American law and came to live American lives. Instead, many, but not all, are brining with them the traditions from their home countries. With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.

Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.
Isn't that what all immigrants do, bring traditions from their home countries?
Have you interviewed a bunch of Muslims that told you that Islam should be the law of the land and other religions would not be respected? I am not sure where you are getting this from.

Are you trying to say that Muslims are coming here en masse to take over America, and take over our government, transplant their culture here, and then repress people of other religions?

Why do you suppose that if Muslims ever outnumbered Christians in this country (while it is theoretically possible this could NOT happen anytime in the foreseeable future, not by a long shot), it would become non secular?
Quote:
Please stay on topic. I was referring to the impact of Islam in American culture, not the consequences of us invading their countries. It's pretty obvious we've pushed down their doors.
What is the impact?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Let the moderate Muslim do whatever they want to do in their own countries, but don't push it on the Christian world.
You do realize, Magnum Mike that there are muslims that are just as american as you, don't you?
Quote:
I went to the gas station last night and noticed the woman behind the counter appeared to be someone from the Middle East. I asked her, mainly because she had a huge scarf on her shoulders, if she's a Muslim. She smiled and said, "Yes, I am." I asked her why she wasn't wearing her head scarf, and she said God does not judge the physical clothing we wear, but the content of our heart with Him.
Major eye opener. I only hope more Muslims are like this nice lady.
The thing that you and other freaked-out-about-Muslim-people don't realize is that there are Muslims all over the place and you don't have any idea that they are muslim! You assume that since they don't wear a headscarf or have a long beard and wear a funny cap on their head that they must be something else. It does not occur to people like you or many here that ANYONE they bump into could actually *gasp* be a muslim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Should Islam become the dominant religion in the USa, you may be a christian but you will be called a dhimmi, a second class hanger on or nobody. Should Islam become the dominant religion in the USa, you will not need to worry about christian fundamentalist or christian influence on your constitution, Islam will be the law of the land.

Should Islam become the dominant religion in the USa, gentlemen, your women will be raped. Ladies, don't worry about the burqa, no one will see the bruises.

I'm sure the examples could go on but that would get tiring and somewhat alarmist. Watch Islamic activity in your 'blind justice' courts because that is where Islam will bring down your current lifestyle, not in Congress.

If you don't understand this then you are not bothering to connect the dots. Remember the dots.... 9/11 ?
WOW, are you kidding me? I just went to Egypt and I didn't get raped. And Islam is the dominant religion over there, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Let's face facts. Some here just want to be afraid of Islam--that tie-in has been made by our government many times over despite the fact that terrorism doesn't typically stem from any one mainstream religion for any one region, but by fanaticists, who tend to be a murderous and dangerous bunch no matter which religion they're fanatical about. The prejudice against Islam is so rampant in the west by now that people would be fighting over just not wanting it around--even if it weren't to produce any directly negative or dangerous results. So that in itself would probably be the major problem, perhaps even the instigator of skirmishes and wars--not the religion itself. How silly. And how sad.
Agreed.
Quote:
You really need to look at what's happening oven in Europe. Islam believes that they can flood a country with people from their culture and through vast numbers change that country. It's happening. It is you that is underinformed.
They have long term goals but believe Europe will be Islamic in the next 30 years. Hope these post work for you.

Gadhafi: Islam taking over Europe
Islam is taking over, says Dutch politician
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...Post%2FJPArtic (broken link)...
Give me a break. Gadhafi is basically saying that the Muslim population is growing faster, that yes, the muslims are taking over, not the government, not by violience, just by birth rate/immigration. Plus he's in Libya, I am sure that not ALL the Muslim immigrants to Europe have heard of this plan.
And the Dutch guy? He sounds like a racist.
Quote:
Frank Vanhecke is leader of the Vlaams Blok, in Belgium. Vanhecke said, "The is the kind of people we are dealing with- people who do not come to our country to adapt, to mke a new life, to start again, to make a living, to be thankful for the country that accepts them. We are talking about people who, in fact come to us as rulers, who want to become masters in our country. And I personally think, I fear, that this is a part of the Islamic religion."
What about the person from Belgium that basically called this guy a rascist, stating that her American husband was basically shunned over there as an outsider?
Quote:
Islam will take over Europe without violent force within a few decades, said (Libyan Leader Moammar Gadhafi) in speech aired on the Arab satellite network Al Jazeera. "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe," Gadhafi said. "There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe? without swords, without guns, without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
And I might add Islamics are having more children than Europes natural population by a rate of 3 to 1. Do the math.
Let's leave Gadhafi out of it! Gadhafi doesn't equal "Islamists" Just because Gadhafi says muslims will be the majority in Europe does not mean that is the plan of all muslims, to infiltrate and take over Europe. This has been mentioned like 5 times. Not all muslims have to sign on to the "plan" before immigrating to Europe. some just want to get a job.
Quote:
And that may be one of the reasons you may never see a Democrat in the White House again.
Well that isn't the case, now is it?
Quote:
What in the world is this website? I mean really, no name no group no nothing, just a bunch of crap.
Quote:
Many of the Christians Palestinians are treated better under the Jews, then under the control of the Moslem Palestians, and that is why so many Christians Palestinians are leaving there brother Moslem Palestians behind. And I can assure you, your religion according to the Scriptures will not be bringing peace to this world.
Yeah, right. the christians are leaving because the muslims are treating them bad? I think most of the palestinians have it pretty rough, and many Christians & Muslims are choosing to get out if they can.
Quote:
God brought the Jews back to Israel to reveal to the Islamic's, to the Jews, and to the world, who He is. And few will be happy on that day.
Excuse me, God brought the Jews back to Isreal? I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Bottom line, Islam does not and will not tolerate or coexist with ANYTHING else including Christianity. Don't believe me and go to the CIA website that contains the religious mixes of the middle eastern countries and outside of Syria and Lebanon, there are almost NO Christians left. Very disturbing indeed.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
That is hilarious. I'll have to remind my Muslim father in law that any day he might fly off the handle and kill his CHRISTIAN wife because he is not allowed to coexist with her. This will be after 39 years of marriage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What does the Muslim religion say about killing non believers? I'm referring to a case in the UK of an Imam who had said that it was alright for Muslims to kill and rape non believers. As you can imagine, that type of sentiment makes westerners uneasy
As a Muslim, could you explain this to me?
I like to see some kind of evidence that this occurred.
In any event, if it did, the guy is obviously a lunatic. You think there are no Muslim lunatics?

Sorry so long, but after 27 pages, there was just too much. I didn't want to jump in w/out reading it. Which, of course, you know, leads to commenting.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:38 AM

2,415 posts, read 2,435,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwalker View Post
DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it happens before I am called then you will have to pry my rifle from my cold dead hands....I will then die........

Probably won't have to worry about that however...No one "Religion" has ever ruled the whole world....Besides I am working full time to be the best Christian that I can be...Progress not perfection....You can plainly see that I am work in progress.
God Bless You,
Spiritwalker
Have you ever noticed , when people hear something over and over, then come to a condition , or state of mind, that could be said to be blind allegiance , or programed? the natural world does it to people, I could be talking about bad habbits,,,we smoke and cant stop......but it is easy when you know how . just like hitting a golf ball straight

Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I don't mean that literally, but what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command? The more progressive Christians become the more dominant Muslims seem to be. I would have no concern about a growing Muslim religion in the world if they respected American law and came to live American lives. Instead, many, but not all, are brining with them the traditions from their home countries. With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.

Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.
What do you mean not literally?..........they are in our government.........maybe in the WHITE HOUSE...they are in the financial system,,Thomas invented the Marine corp to fight them,,.........wake up.....or bow down .......but don't lose your head over it?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Christian or Islamic fundamentalists? Both appear to be a bit extreme in their mindset, but don't more Islamic fundamentalists explode under pressure?

I am sorry, did I think that out loud?

Seriously, both groups seem to be at odds with their respective mainstream bases, but which do you feel is more threatening to you and your way of life?
YEAH RIGHT,,,FEED THE hungry....Or teach them to sell their children as walking bombs? .............this could go on but you are going to see it soon in this country.........but don't lose your head over it.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
The number of muslims in the US is relatively low and they have actually adapted to American life quite well especially when compared to muslims who never quite seem to be accepted in places like France. The greatest population increase is obviously hispanic and their religion is overwhelmingly Catholic. It's not even a reasonable concept that muslims could ever be the majority religion in America.
.Maybe you haven't been made aware of a kind of affirmative action in Chicago.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,232 times
Default Extreme Islans that follow too much their law

I fear Muslims, they should not be permitted in the US. I love the Australian government because they had the courage to confront them and tell these Islams that Asutralia is a country for all immigrants founded by christians, and they can not settle in Australia if they pretend to impose their fecal islam matter.
The Political correctness is ruining the US< the Liberals that are defending to an extreme the ARABS are the hidden communist that wants to see our US down, and because civilians here take things so personal, we will be ruin soon enough!

Old 08-06-2009, 12:29 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,323,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I like to see some kind of evidence that this occurred.
In any event, if it did, the guy is obviously a lunatic. You think there are no Muslim lunatics?

Sorry it took so long to respond back to you, mommytotwo - I just saw this today.

Anyways, here is the link to this guy:
Abdullah el-Faisal, a 39-year-old imam, addressed thousands of young Muslims across the country on their “pressing duty” to learn how to fire guns, fly planes and use missiles in their mission to “kill all unbelievers”.
Imam 'instructed British Muslims to kill infidels' - Times Online

Now yes, lunatics come in all stripes. What strikes me is that this man spoke to thousands over a period of years and yet noone -not one muslim turned him in for being a dangerous nutjob. Not only that, but he continued to have people come to his 'seminars'. Bearing in mind that the UK is a small country with only a limited number of muslims it appalls me that he was able to continue with his message.

The only christian counterpart to this guy would be the Westboro
Baptist Church - however, they are widely regarded as total nutcases and do not garner respect, sympathy and especially not money from other christian groups. In short their message of hate is repudiated by all other christian religions and sects.

It is this difference that makes people lump all muslims together as either terrorists or terrorist sympathisers. One cannot have it both ways - we don't agree with terrorism but we will not repudiate it within our midst. And that is the message that non muslims are getting - fairly or not.

I enjoy talking with you and elwill and other muslims on this board. It helps to broaden my perspective and I also hope that it clarifies others positions as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or