U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:21 AM

4,708 posts, read 7,715,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
I don't mean that literally, but what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command? The more progessive Christians become the more dominant Muslims seem to be. I would have no concern about a growing Muslim religion in the world if they respected American law and came to live American lives. Instead, many, but not all, are brining with them the traditions from their home countries. With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.

Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.

For one thing, you seem to think that 'Islam' is a monolithic religion or movement, and it is not, just as 'Christianity' is not a monolithic religion or movement. Your post sounds like scare tactics from an underinformed person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,887,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
For one thing, you seem to think that 'Islam' is a monolithic religion or movement, and it is not, just as 'Christianity' is not a monolithic religion or movement. Your post sounds like scare tactics from an underinformed person.
You really need to look at what's happening oven in Europe. Islam believes that they can flood a country with people from their culture and through vast numbers change that country. It's happening. It is you that is underinformed.
They have long term goals but believe Europe will be Islamic in the next 30 years. Hope these post work for you.

Gadhafi: Islam taking over Europe
Islam is taking over, says Dutch politician
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1167467834546&pagename=JPost%2FJPArt ic (broken link)...

Old 03-18-2008, 01:09 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,802,922 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Of course Geert Wilders claims that the Islam is taking over Europe, he just simply fails to mention that this is an ancient tactic; the old (supremacist) colonists tried to take over their colonies, by raping the native women and so outbreed the native population.
Geert wilders is nothing but a populist who loves to install fear in people so that his political party will increase.
Geert Wilders loves to provoke his opponents by insulting them, then play the victim when they insult him back and call them uncivilised, while it is he who started with the insults.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:30 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,363,322 times
It is an ancient tactic. And many fall for it and will in the future. I call it propaganda.
Just like Bush is and was doing with his Middle East stories and many US people still believe what he says.
In Florida, I was told blacks and whites would be a minority soon because of the hispanic population taking over...Who cares? It goes on everywhere. I'm not worried what color the people have or what religion as long as they do their thing over there in their house and I do mine over here in my house. Europe has been full of Muslims for ages, Half of Belgium is Muslim probably. Only since Sept 11th has it become "a scary thing".

Old 03-18-2008, 03:35 AM

44 posts, read 69,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You really need to look at what's happening oven in Europe. Islam believes that they can flood a country with people from their culture and through vast numbers change that country. It's happening. It is you that is underinformed.
They have long term goals but believe Europe will be Islamic in the next 30 years. Hope these post work for you.

Gadhafi: Islam taking over Europe
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1167467834546&pagename=JPost%2FJPArt ic (broken link)...
Let me get this straight, you are actually saying that all those Muslims who came to Europe over the last two generations for various reason, somehow have this master plan to take over Europe. So people who fled their homes for fear of being persecuted, or for better economical future, or say to join relatives who have immigrated before them, are all involved somehow in this master plan to become the majority in Europe, and then take over. You know, it is people who carry similar thoughts who made the holocaust possible.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:55 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,887,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 Of course Geert Wilders claims that the Islam is taking over Europe, he just simply fails to mention that this is an ancient tactic; the old (supremacist) colonists tried to take over their colonies, by raping the native women and so outbreed the native population.
Geert wilders is nothing but a populist who loves to install fear in people so that his political party will increase.
Geert Wilders loves to provoke his opponents by insulting them, then play the victim when they insult him back and call them uncivilised, while it is he who started with the insults.
It appears many in Europe donot feel the same way as you do. Anti-immigrant far-right parties are growing all across the contient of Europe. In Austria, The Freedom Party; In Italy, the Northern League; in Switzerland, The People's Party; In France, The National Front; In belgium, The Flemish Block; In Denmark, the people's Party, In Norway, The Progress Party.
Frank Vanhecke is leader of the Vlaams Blok, in Belgium. Vanhecke said, "The is the kind of people we are dealing with- people who do not come to our country to adapt, to mke a new life, to start again, to make a living, to be thankful for the country that accepts them. We are talking about people who, in fact come to us as rulers, who want to become masters in our country. And I personally think, I fear, that this is a part of the Islamic religion."

Islam will take over Europe without violent force within a few decades, said (Libyan Leader Moammar Gadhafi) in speech aired on the Arab satellite network Al Jazeera. "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe," Gadhafi said. "There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe? without swords, without guns, without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."

If you can't see whats going on here, you have to be blind. Islamics are telling you there intentions, and all you can talk about is Geert Wilder?
And I might add Islamics are having more children than Europes natural population by a rate of 3 to 1. Do the math.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,363,322 times
Vlaams Blok is anti anyone who is not Flemish(hence the name Flemish block), even the Frenchspeaking souls in Belgium, Frank doesn't care for. He wants to make Flanders a country and Wallonia another(that means divide Belgium in two)... So here you have named a person who is racist and not at all open to anyone coming from another country to live here. So Vlaams Blok is nothing but one political party here and a newer one at that.... One party does not make a country. If you want to know something about Belgium, it should be that many Flemish (probably the members of Vlaams blok) are not tolerant at all towards foreigners of any country so Vlaams blok exploits that already present "fear of foreigners"or people who are different. If you know our history, you'll know about the invasions and where that fear stems from.... My ex is a US citizen and was never accepted in the 4 years he was here, he tried learning the language and everything to fit in and he is white....
So here you are with a bit darker skin and a headcover....do you think you'll be accepted amongst all those of the "PURE white race" ? I highly doubt it. The people from places like Bosnia are trying to stay alive by coming here, not taking anything over. I believe the US has the same problems with immigration... one politician talking balloney and not having a clue and the rest going into shock(masshysteria) because of fear of the unknown.

Last edited by MaggieZ; 03-18-2008 at 04:36 AM..

Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,802,922 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Islam will take over Europe without violent force within a few decades, said (Libyan Leader Moammar Gadhafi) in speech aired on the Arab satellite network Al Jazeera. "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe," Gadhafi said. "There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe? without swords, without guns, without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
Libya is not Europe.

Quote:
And I might add Islamics are having more children than Europes natural population by a rate of 3 to 1. Do the math.
I guess many white supremacists have their panties in a crunch because they realise that white people will eventually become extinct?
Whenever a non-white individual and a white individual mate it is very rare that their offspring will also be white. Fact is that the majority of humanity is not white.

BTW you forget that everyone born in Europe, no matter what their skin, religion, or sexual preference is, will be a European citizen brought up with European values.

Quote:
If you can't see whats going on here, you have to be blind. Islamics are telling you there intentions, and all you can talk about is Geert Wilder?
I am not talking about Geert at all, but about populism and installing fear to get ahead.
With the coming of his anti-Islam movie many already regret for voting for the nut, because they see that Wilders doesn't care that his own foolish actions are actually terrorizing the Dutch nation, nor does he care that his movie will most probably hurt the Dutch economy.
Geert is perfectly willing to sacrifice his own country so he'll finally be in the international picture and can play 'the martyr'.

Last edited by Tricky D; 03-18-2008 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM

4,708 posts, read 7,715,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You really need to look at what's happening oven in Europe. Islam believes that they can flood a country with people from their culture and through vast numbers change that country. It's happening.

hahaha, sweet dreams

Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 AM

444 posts, read 942,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauton View Post
So the Muslims are coming to our country wanting to make it more culturally Islamic...

Good thing we're not invading their countries trying to make them more culturally American.
That was good! LOL! I gave some rep for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or