Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:57 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,947,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 Libya is not Europe.

I guess many white supremacists have their panties in a crunch because they realise that white people will eventually become extinct?
Whenever a non-white individual and a white individual mate it is very rare that their offspring will also be white. Fact is that the majority of humanity is not white.

BTW you forget that everyone born in Europe, no matter what their skin, religion, or sexual preference is, will be a European citizen brought up with European values.

I am not talking about Geert at all, but about populism and installing fear to get ahead.
With the coming of his anti-Islam movie many already regret for voting for the nut, because they see that Wilders doesn't care that his own foolish actions are actually terrorizing the Dutch nation, nor does he care that his movie will most probably hurt the Dutch economy.
Geert is perfectly willing to sacrifice his own country so he'll finally be in the international picture and can play 'the martyr'.
Those who are born in Europe to Islamic parents will be Islamic first, and European second. Islam is a religion and if you think they are going to be concerned about being European first your dreaming. The liberal views of the Europeans are already being tested by the Islamic's, and they are already makeing their demands known. As their numbers increase which they already are, they will become the majority, and they will be the one's who will influnce which laws are going to be followed. This is not about color, it's about religion. The Dutch have been very accepting of people of color. The problem here is the Islamics what to change their laws to conform to their religion, and this is happening all over Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 11:58 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,189,988 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Those who are born in Europe to Islamic parents will be Islamic first, and European second. Islam is a religion and if you think they are going to be concerned about being European first your dreaming.
And you know this how? Are you European and Islamic?
Or are you simply an expert in dreaming up doomsday scenarios?

Quote:
The liberal views of the Europeans are already being tested by the Islamic's, and they are already makeing their demands known.
Talking about liberalism, did you know that European liberals are for an efficient government?

Quote:
As their numbers increase which they already are, they will become the majority, and they will be the one's who will influnce which laws are going to be followed.
So? Isn't this the democratic way?
Or are you suggesting that Europe should stop being democratic?

Quote:
The Dutch have been very accepting of people of color.
Not only have we been accepting of people of colour, we've also been accepting of people with different religion and philosophies (as long as they do not harm others).

Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34And you know this how? Are you European and Islamic?
Or are you simply an expert in dreaming up doomsday scenarios?

Talking about liberalism, did you know that European liberals are for an efficient government?

So? Isn't this the democratic way?
Or are you suggesting that Europe should stop being democratic?

Not only have we been accepting of people of colour, we've also been accepting of people with different religion and philosophies (as long as they do not harm others).
I don't have to dream up doomsday scenarios. The Bible is clear on what is going to take place. According to the Scriptures near the end of time, God would allow the Jews to return to the land of Israel. They would take the souther half first which they did in (1948) and secondly they would retake Jerusalem which they did in (1967) as the Bible predicted. At this same time they would be surrounded by enemies that would want to destroy them. God has allowed the Jews to return to Israel to reveal to the world who He is. Many of the nations that will be involved in a massive attack on the Jewish state will be Islamic nations. I might point out, the Jews are but bait. The Islamic nations have no Idea what God is going to do to them, yet if they presist in their goal to destroy Israel and attempt to push the Jews out they will only bring about their own destruction. God has seen fit to protect Israel, but not for the sake of the Jews.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 AM

43 posts, read 125,049 times
Quote:
With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.
This is wrong to say that Islam has no respect for other religion.

The Holy Quran tells us to tolerate other religions.

Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity. The Holy Quran 60:8

And also even in a battle or war between Muslims and non Muslims we are commanded not to hurt innocent people such as Men, Women, Children and religious people.

And I don't think we Muslims have ever insulted a religious personality as the non Muslims do to our beloved Prophet of God Almighty.

Quote:
Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.
If Islam spreads crimes will decrease such as Killings, Rapes, Drugs, Kidnappings, Robbery,Wine, Adultery, Sodomy, Gamblings, backbitings, Bribes...

Islam besides pointing out these crimes, it also gives you a solution showing how to prevent these crimes. If a society follows the law of Islam, peace will be obtained..
The best example is Saudi Arabia

But if you want a secular land then... all of the above crimes will be a common way of life as it is now.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,189,988 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
I don't have to dream up doomsday scenarios. The Bible is clear on what is going to take place
Ah so this is your excuse for your ignorance and / or your indoctrination? You simply ignore all things that happen in reality that do not support your holy scripture.
Do you also believe that everyone who does not agree with you can only be a liar?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 Ah so this is your excuse for your ignorance and / or your indoctrination? You simply ignore all things that happen in reality that do not support your holy scripture.
Do you also believe that everyone who does not agree with you can only be a liar?
Well I was not ignorant while I watched your Islamics murder 3,000 Americans in the world trade center, nor was I ignorant when I watched the fulfillment of Bible prophecies seeing the Jews return to Israel, and then later retaking Jerusalem. What reality are you talking about?

Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narashansa View Post
This is wrong to say that Islam has no respect for other religion.

The Holy Quran tells us to tolerate other religions.

Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity. The Holy Quran 60:8

And also even in a battle or war between Muslims and non Muslims we are commanded not to hurt innocent people such as Men, Women, Children and religious people.

And I don't think we Muslims have ever insulted a religious personality as the non Muslims do to our beloved Prophet of God Almighty.

If Islam spreads crimes will decrease such as Killings, Rapes, Drugs, Kidnappings, Robbery,Wine, Adultery, Sodomy, Gamblings, backbitings, Bribes...

Islam besides pointing out these crimes, it also gives you a solution showing how to prevent these crimes. If a society follows the law of Islam, peace will be obtained..
The best example is Saudi Arabia

But if you want a secular land then... all of the above crimes will be a common way of life as it is now.
Whatever your Quran says, and what Islamics actually do, appears to be two different things. Maybe you should ask one of those three thousand dead Americans that died in the World Trade Center how peaceful Muslims are.
And before the start of the Crusades, Muslims killed of half of the Christians in the Middle East, and burnt to the ground 3,000 of their churches. Numerous Muslims get off attaching bombs to themselves and killing as many non believers as they can. Your faith is made up of many evil murders. And we see this everyday all around the world. Moderator cut: inflammatory and rude [quote]

Last edited by june 7th; 03-22-2008 at 09:18 AM..

Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,302,858 times
Campbell34, I think you're confusing Muslims with Muslim zealots. Just like so many Catholics have killed millions in their god's name. Look at what the witch hunts of the 1800's did to people? Thousands were burned at the stake and drowned in Europe and in the US because the catholics thought they were witches...If you go through history, you'll see that in every religion, people have been murdered in the name of the god they happened to believe in.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,863,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Campbell34, I think you're confusing Muslims with Muslim zealots. Just like so many Catholics have killed millions in their god's name. Look at what the witch hunts of the 1800's did to people? Thousands were burned at the stake and drowned in Europe and in the US because the catholics thought they were witches...If you go through history, you'll see that in every religion, people have been murdered in the name of the god they happened to believe in.
Tens of thousands, and witch killings actually began in earnest around 1450 and extended for the next 200 years at least, with "witch" laws actually still being stricken from books during the late 1800s in some areas (though obviously any "witch" references in legal books are extremely spotty after 1750 or so).

For the record, only 20 people (I think--I'd have to look that one up to refresh my memory) died in the U.S. directly as a result of the Witch Trials. It was mainly in Europe where the executions happened, although that's partly just logistics--there were obviously many, many more people in Europe than in the U.S. in the early 17th century.

(Just as an aside, I think you meant to say Christians, not Catholics.)

The Inquisitions (there were actually several...people commonly recall the Spanish Inquisition when talking about this...these dudes WERE Catholic; maybe that's what you were thinking of?), too, involved a staggering amount of people and included any "undesirable". The Spanish Inquisition was very Holocaust-like in many ways.

ETA: Whoops. But for the record, yes, I agree...zealots, fanatics, sadists with sick fantasies and the mentally insane in power do not represent, or should not represent, the total of the religion they claim to be a part of.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-20-2008 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: clarifying some dates

Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,540,710 times
Frankly it doesn't look like the muslims can rule the areas that they are a majority in now. It looks to me like sunni and ****es have the same problems as ever.Now they have the radical factions to contend with and the ever present tribal problems. That is one reason so many have left the mddle east.I look for it to be a asrea of conflict for centuries to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam