U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
320 posts, read 226,066 times
Reputation: 95

Advertisements

I don't mean that literally, but what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command? The more progessive Christians become the more dominant Muslims seem to be. I would have no concern about a growing Muslim religion in the world if they respected American law and came to live American lives. Instead, many, but not all, are brining with them the traditions from their home countries. With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.

Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Maryland
3,540 posts, read 6,082,485 times
Reputation: 981
I don't fear Islam. It's the fundamentalists that worry me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Rural Central Texas
3,605 posts, read 9,286,079 times
Reputation: 5448
Christian or Islamic fundamentalists? Both appear to be a bit extreme in their mindset, but don't more Islamic fundamentalists explode under pressure?


I am sorry, did I think that out loud?


Seriously, both groups seem to be at odds with their respective mainstream bases, but which do you feel is more threatening to you and your way of life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:31 PM
 
23 posts, read 96,038 times
Reputation: 34
So the Muslims are coming to our country wanting to make it more culturally Islamic...

Good thing we're not invading their countries trying to make them more culturally American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Texas
320 posts, read 226,066 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Christian or Islamic fundamentalists? Both appear to be a bit extreme in their mindset, but don't more Islamic fundamentalists explode under pressure?


I am sorry, did I think that out loud?


Seriously, both groups seem to be at odds with their respective mainstream bases, but which do you feel is more threatening to you and your way of life?
Give Islam 500 years to progress then I'll feel comfortable with them telling me what to do. Right now, though, I'm much more content with Christian influence. Although there are extremes in Christianity, hate crimes, etc., I'm still given some amount of respect for my opposing religious beliefs (I am a Christian, but I am not "in line" with some of them). Muslims in my community, however, blow a blood vessle when a Muslim woman listens to music. At least I can play my Madonna down the road without being threatened by a lunatic Christian. :-D I'd much rather be flipped the bird from a greasy redneck "fundie" than lynched by a Muslim on a jihad crusade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 11,001,005 times
Reputation: 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I don't fear Islam. It's the fundamentalists that worry me.
Me too, but the fundamentalists and radicals in any religion scare me.

Oh and I do not want to wear that hooded tent thing...I did not lose all this weight to have to wear a sack again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, DE
679 posts, read 1,347,260 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command
um, I think you're lucky to be 2nd now. You've got billions of Chinese who are, despite the "official" stance of the government, generally buddhist and you have about a billion Indians who are either buddhist or hindu with the rest being muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
 
Location: South Florida
564 posts, read 1,733,014 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauton View Post
So the Muslims are coming to our country wanting to make it more culturally Islamic...

Good thing we're not invading their countries trying to make them more culturally American.
ooooooo *zing* gotta give you some rep for that one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Texas
320 posts, read 226,066 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauton View Post
So the Muslims are coming to our country wanting to make it more culturally Islamic...

Good thing we're not invading their countries trying to make them more culturally American.
Please stay on topic. I was referring to the impact of Islam in American culture, not the consequences of us invading their countries. It's pretty obvious we've pushed down their doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Newtown Connecticut
328 posts, read 947,739 times
Reputation: 235
Default When Muslims Rule the world I will be...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
I don't mean that literally, but what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command? The more progessive Christians become the more dominant Muslims seem to be. I would have no concern about a growing Muslim religion in the world if they respected American law and came to live American lives. Instead, many, but not all, are brining with them the traditions from their home countries. With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.

Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.

DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it happens before I am called then you will have to pry my rifle from my cold dead hands....I will then die........

Probably won't have to worry about that however...No one "Religion" has ever ruled the whole world....Besides I am working full time to be the best Christian that I can be...Progress not perfection....You can plainly see that I am work in progress.
God Bless You,
Spiritwalker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top