U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Islam compatible with Western values?
Yes 14 15.38%
No 58 63.74%
It Depends 19 20.88%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM

616 posts, read 592,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Yes or No? Feel free to leave a post explaining your views if you desire.

Edit: by values I mean the tenets of democracy: human rights, freedom of religion, the right of both genders to vote, a democratic system of government (ie: republics or constitutional monarchies), etc.

islam is a horrible ideology for human rights

Why NOT !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 09:14 PM

616 posts, read 592,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Again Woodrow my issue is instead of saying it was horrific and leaving it at that there is the need to say: well non Muslims did the same thing. My point is not to say that a larger percentage of Muslims are terrorists because the 9/11 damage was greater. My issues is the magnitude of the devastation and death.

Surely you are correct they did but there is no comparison between the death of 3 vs 3000+

That is my issue. I agree they were all wrong and I don't think that the actions of those who committed 9/11 ought to be visited on all Muslims. But I do have issue that it needs to become a deflection.

None of it is justified, it is all horrific. I also agree with what you are saying that non muslims have committed acts of terrorism.

Jazzymom, two points short :

* 9/11 was American play ( CIA)

* I recommend any American to sees crimes his/her Government in the world first then talking about Muslims We Muslims are the errors for the organization does not represent us but you errors are represent your Government (USA) not Individuals

that is my issue too

Old 07-29-2012, 09:51 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,125,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
* 9/11 was American play ( CIA)
Can anyone explain this statement?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:01 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,337,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Can anyone explain this statement?
The word play was used instead of the word action. Keep in mind the poster does not speak English as a first Language.

In much of the Islamic world the people do not believe 9/11 was done by Muslims. Through out the Mideast it seems to be a widely held view it was a CIA conspiracy lead by GWB.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:12 PM

40,298 posts, read 26,876,846 times
Default Is Islam compatible with Western values?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The word play was used instead of the word action. Keep in mind the poster does not speak English as a first Language.
In much of the Islamic world the people do not believe 9/11 was done by Muslims. Through out the Mideast it seems to be a widely held view it was a CIA conspiracy lead by GWB.
A convenient delusion . . . but off topic. The reason Islam is incompatible with Western values is that it is a theocracy/deen that does not believe in the separation of religion and state, period. That makes it incompatible with ALL secular societies on the face of the earth. The global reach and resources of its fanatic members present a genuine threat to those societies.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,679,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
Guess you haven't heard of the Spanish Inquisition........ The problem with many Islamic nations is that politicians are interpreting the Koran's laws into actual laws. Where things may be symbolism, it is taken at face value thus laws such as cutting off ones right hand for stealing a loaf of bread. I predict there will be a shift in Islamic nations the way there was in Christian nations
Sounds just like Christians too me.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:52 AM

5,167 posts, read 2,841,792 times
It's just as compatible or not as Christianity.

The Bible contains a ton of incompatible ideas like slavery, misogyny, etc. Modern western Christians just do not follow those any longer. Similarly, western Muslims do not take certain passages of the Koran as what they should still do today.

The problem with Islam in the world is that there are still a lot of backward countries that view the Koran as literally true in every respect. Christianity has not had a good history with human rights either when people viewed the Bible that way.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,125,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
there are still a lot of backward countries that view the Koran as literally true in every respect.
That's an interesting statement.

Are there any Muslims in this forum who do not view the Koran as literally true in every respect?

Old 08-04-2012, 03:42 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,025,890 times
Default Is Islam compatible with Western values?

Hopefully Islam is not.

I am not compatible with perverted "western values."

Old 08-04-2012, 03:46 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,025,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

I agree, Islam is about 400 years behind Christianity.

400 years before Islam becomes as apostate as modern "Christianity" [ie, baalism] ??

Maybe there will be hope for Islam after it witnesses the perverted death throes of pseudo-Christianity.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or