U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 AM

271 posts, read 214,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'""[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'"
this is not accurate , I mean it's not the intelligence what was meant but the faculty of being strong not been under pressure or threatened .can you ignore the fact that woman is likely to be affected or threatened by others. it's only a further precaution I can say.

the most important thing is that Muslim accept the testimony of one woman a special incidents.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-05-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 AM

271 posts, read 214,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
He is completely and categorically unable to answer the simple questions that any of us request, WC. Ditto for Asheville's valid questions. Or mine, or sanspeur's. Always the same double-speak or useless hard-to-undertsand and ambiguous wall of Qu'Ranic quotes. Unable to speak for themselves, apparently.????
???

!!![/color]
first of all, if andrih or sanspeur believe in God, they don't have to convince you .If you decide to close your eyes not to see the touches of God everywhere in this life , must I or Andrih compile you to do that .At least all believers in this world live optimistically for they think that there is another life to be lived , a judgment day and they toned their lives with it .

not to forget the rest of your post is worthless coz u show Muslim as if they were responsible for Planet warmth or were those who dropped a nuclear bomb on Nagazaki

Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 AM

4,487 posts, read 4,367,114 times
You have yet to answer my original question. Are women subservient to men in the Islamic religion. Do there voices have equal weight? Are their contributions in Islamic families considered equal to the man's. Why are there no women in power (OF ANY KIND) in most Islamic countries?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 AM

33 posts, read 36,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaanand View Post
why is that islam is the only true religion and why not others?

There are lot of religions out there oldest to newest.

PS. I don't want any paste here. Try to explain in few lines.

My dear brother
I'm very happy because you talked about your thoughts and your views
As well as what is going on inside you and in your heart and your feelings

This is important
But
Torah and the Gospels and the Psalms, and the Holy Qur'an
Wrote celestial source and one which is(ALLAH)
Ordered the deployment of the prophets of God and conveying the message to the people
Therefore, the rights to choose the way of God and the prophets and holy books, which contain the teachings of the divine
Or walk and follow the path of the devil and death

This is it simply
Holy Qur'an is the natural extension of the Torah and the Gospel
But unfortunately
Torah and the Gospel was distortion
So people say completely different

God says in the Holy Qur'an

136. Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."

285. .The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."

Old 03-05-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Ok, Andy, think about this.

Do you really, really think it is good to murder people just because they criticize you?

These words
You are right for you or I
But
This the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Messenger of God

Who dares to it?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,873,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrih View Post
Answer to your question is very simple
See this video

‫

‫

I cannot see these where i am located. Can you write your answer.?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
You have yet to answer my original question. Are women subservient to men in the Islamic religion. Do there voices have equal weight? Are their contributions in Islamic families considered equal to the man's. Why are there no women in power (OF ANY KIND) in most Islamic countries?

Women are very thin and emotional in the country of the Islamic

If someone came and said thief for example

Forgive me and will not do it again
I've got kids and I want to take care of their

Then wept profusely, tears from his eyes

I swear to you that

Women cry with him and then leave him to go unpunished

This is the case

Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
These words
You are right for you or I
But
This the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Messenger of God

Who dares to it?
This is an answer with no critical thinking attached to it what so ever. Just another example why religious extremism of any kind is just dangerous. When religious dogma replaces critical thinking, extremism is taking place.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I cannot see these where i am located. Can you write your answer.?

ok my dear brother

look at this link

God willing,

You will understand easily

Prophet Mohammed Aisha Marriage

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Status of Women in Islam:
Faced with this came the dark history of Islam and the status of women in their natural setting, and restored to their rights and status that were taken from them, under the darkness of ignorance and corruption of customs and traditions.
Islam stressed the unity of origin and upbringing between male and female, God said: {1. O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you.} [Women: 1].

The rejection of Islam, the position of the idolaters and sag their feelings, lack of understanding of the role of women in life, and being authentic in the system of life, the authenticity of the male, but is stable for him, is far more authenticity to the survival of the family, therefore, viewed Islam as a gift from God, and made the Qur'an mentioned the male, he said, says: 49. To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills.
50. Or He bestows both males and females, and He renders barren whom He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower and is Able to do all things.
} [Shura: 49-50].

Islam has placed women at the table of respect and honor and affection, so as to create community psychologically to receive all the result of an open mind and the same reassuring satisfied and confident in God's help, he says: 31. And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin.} [Al-Isra: 31].

As Islam honors women are at the stage of youth, Gave her civil expressing their will in particularly the affairs of life, a composition of her home and choose her husband, said: ((should not be married Aloam even Tstamr, do not marry a virgin until permission), they said: O Messenger of God, and how her permission ? said: (to silence) [Muslim]. And Scott, or silence means approval of the virgin daughter to marry...

Islam and make the entity unique to women, giving them many rights such as freedom to own property on an equal footing with men, the Almighty said: {7. There is a share for men and a share for women from what is left by parents and those nearest related, whether, the property be small or large - a legal share.}
[Women: 7].
Islam and respect the property and was reinforced by giving women the freedom to dispose of them, he says: {4. And give to the women (whom you marry) their Mahr (obligatory bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good heart, but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm (as Allah has made it lawful)} [women: 4].

And equating the Koran with the men before the law in rights and duties; right to enter into contracts and incur obligations, the right to defend their rights before the courts. He says: {And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses, etc.) Similar (to those of their husbands) over them} [Baqarah: 228].
Fabrications and the responses:

With regard to what is said that some of the provisions of Islam in which prejudice Women inheritance; where its share of half the share of men and the alshhadh; Testimony of a woman equivalent to half of a man, and such as divorce, polygamy, these things are, in essence, a tribute to women, and the maintenance of its position, the difference in these matters came to preserve on women's dignity, and respect for the nature of the composition:

- As for the inheritance and the fact that half the heritage of men in some cases, the subject of Islam this is equivalent to men, has committed Shara decent man to spend on women, in every stage of her life, Daughter the responsibility of her father or her brother or his takes their place, and wife own expense to her husband, nor the expense of it, has decided to Allah - the Almighty - that by saying: {(34) Men are in charge of women by [right of] what All h has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. } [Women: 34]. In some cases, may exceed the legacy of women's inheritance of the man, according to kinship, is not it always be the legacy of a man half her inheritance.

- As for the certificate; has taken into account the street Quran in the psychological characteristics of women, women are emotional by virtue of composition of psychotherapy, has overcome her passion; and therefore the Almighty said: {And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her. [Baqarah: 282].
Women were also the nature of movement of social not see what they see men, not involved with earned experience and position to not trick some manifestations false, has been signed in the banned terms do not feel, however, gave sharee'ah women the right to the certificate with jurisdiction is the exercise, certificate(alshhadh) to see the baby at birth, and so on; because the certificate vary according to subject matter, may accept a woman's testimony alone, also presented testimony of a woman with respect to things such as childbirth, other women.

- As for the divorce; sentiment of women preponderant, and anger soon, so God gave men the authority of divorce direct what sets it apart from lingered and the arbitration of reason by passion, to feel, from the consequences of things, at the same time not Islam forbid women from seeking divorce, if signed by the damage money, tolerate, or narrowed livelihood between them and her husband, and it became impossible to sustain life, and in both cases takes both husband and wife right.

- As for polygamy; is a cure for many social problems, such as sterile which does not give birth and wants her husband in the boy does not want to leave her, as well as increasing the number of women than men in some circumstances such as war.
Women are also the container incubator and birth control, does not make sense to ask the right to polygamy, mixing lineages and lost symptoms, compared to the requirement that justice in Islam, pluralism and fair division between co-wives.

The sisters of men:
He came in the Hadith that the Prophet (he said: (Women are the twin halves of men) [Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi], the man and woman are equal before God, Lord of the pious woman Akram God than man: {. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted} [rooms: 13], Paradise is not restricted to men without women.
He was beaten in the Holy Quran ideal goodness of women, he says: 11. And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allah).

(12) And [the example of] Mary, the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity, so We blew into [her garment] through Our angel, and she believed in the words of her Lord and His scriptures and was of the devoutly obedient
} [Prohibition: 11-12].

Just more cut and paste hogwash. Answer the question in your own words if you can. If the answer is yes, Why? If the answer is no, refute instances given without Quran cut and paste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or