U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:03 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,367,457 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post

I dont agree we can only be good if we assimilated into western culture .It is the other way round .

If there was an internet 500 years ago I would have said the same thing to you .

It's just a matter of timing you lucky you

I dont know about other religions as I believe Islam is the only true religion now ...

So I would say before Islam come Arabs were weak and sporadic nations ..

We didnt have schools or universities and we were not interested in education ...

In less than a quarter of a century we overcome the most powerful nations back then the Roman and the Persian .We were the first who built hospitals and roads and we have established universities

We were the greatest empire in the world for more than 500 years and guess what ? that begins by the emerge of islam
So.. what would you then say about the subsequent British Empire? Their abilities and interest in rational science became The driving force in this world. With predictable results. It's recently been the Age of American Imperialism, but thankfully the general thinking population in our culture (not the endlessly smirking Christians, btw... the religious everywhere have the same common characteristics: boiling-over hubris and ego!)

The British also incorporated modern weaponry (rifled muskets and cannons, plus sailing warships in order to "project" their power world-wide, a concept lost on literally all cultures of the ME, who seemed too frightened to go too far out of the "Gate" of the Mediterranean (i.e.": Gibraltar) in the type of craft that could have quite easily subjugated the other Islamic cultures of the day, since those Islamic folks were (and apparently still are..) v. fond of the beheading sabre, with very little technical advances on weapons and tactics. Their thinking was, and still is, limited to the greater ME sphere, with a poor, indeed an almost totally absent, greater world view!

Islam, in "the day" you refer to as an ultimate time...:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=UdTQbXpxPcn

...vs. The British Empire's version of a world leading power...

Image Detail for - http://www.clansutherland.co.nz/images/Robert_Gibb_-_The_Thin_Red_Line.jpg

and...

Image Detail for - http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/images/b155.jpg

leading to this modern day presentation by the US and it's allies, all based on science, btw, not noon prayers...

Image Detail for - http://www.designofdecorate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Navy-Ships-2.png

(BTW, did you also watch The Kingdom? Good back-story about your religion's thinking these days...)

[quote]
Quote:
So for you to say that Islam hold us back contrary to a historical reality ?!!!!

The difference between Islam and the rest of religions is that it encourages learning and education to the point that it consider it as a sacred thing .That is why we lead the world scientifically for a long period of time
But the current thinking? Not so much, squall. In fact they hold you all back, with a vengance! [i](and have done so for the past 100+ or so years.. I saw Lawrence of Arabia, squall! Did you? What was it "Ooh-Raunce" called the Arab people?

So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people; a silly people; greedy, barbarous, and cruel... "

Your current and even historical intransigence and internal hostilities continue to completely subjugate your highly illiterate people with an anchor of un-educated denialism and brainwashing ingrained since your earliest youth. Memorizing the silly Qu'Ran at the expense of anything and literally everything else? And as if it were the only truth as well as THE basis for all ethical and righteous living anywhere.

And yet it all sports rather a unpleasant end for us "infidels!". Go figure, huh?

PS: Editing note for you: when you chose to make your entire post purple, you do not need to highlight each and every line and individually "color" them. Just highlight your entire post, all sentences and paragraphs, all highlighted together, and only then pick and hit the color of your choice.

This will make it so much easier for me or us to select a particular line or paragraph of yours and then comment on it! Try it out! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 06:03 AM

570 posts, read 636,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
The problem is whatever may have been, your religion has taken you backwards. It is not one of enlightenment neither are other religions.

True enlightenment started with the reformation and breaking away from the shackles of the Catholic church. You lot are gonna be 400+ years behind even if you started today.
400 years ?
I don't think so ..
Jeddah , Saudi Arabia (my hometown ) , a very beautiful and modern city :

We don't live in the desert anymore like you think we do .
By the way I am not christian

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 05-21-2012 at 06:15 AM..

Old 05-21-2012, 06:29 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,332,182 times
Quote:
.... so modern in fact that you can watch public executions on Friday nights near the Juffali Mosque.

Beautiful it may be and the buildings may well be modern....but your culture is not. Your customs are still steeped in the barbarism of the 1st century. Mind you...so are some states in the USA. They just don't do it in public.

ExecutedToday.com Saudi Arabia
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Saudi executioner tells all

Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,316,864 times
Quote:
400 years ?
I don't think so ..

We don't live in the desert anymore like you think we do .
By the way I am not christian
Lets look at the picture and see.

Modern architecture (concrete and rebar), western
Motor cars, western
Electricity (street and dwelling lights), western

I know you are muslim, comparing islam to xianity is relevant as it took 400+ years after breaking with the church of Rome for western science to get to where it has today.

Basic women's rights in Saudi are non existent, they are still treated as chattel and must be accompanied by a male chaperone family member to do a simple thing like go shopping and must dress in ways so that the males are not turned on by their physical appearance.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:53 AM

Rifleman
Yep ...
I have seen kingdom of heaven , It shows the great tolerance of Islam .
Hollywood rarely produce ​​a good film on Islam .
What I want to say is that I totally disagree that Islam hold us back because we wouldn't accomplish anything in the past .
You would understand why I am convinced about that if you compare between the time of the emergence of Islam and the achievements of Muslim civilization scientifically and culturally, militarily and economically.
So what is holding us from catching up with civilization ?
As I said before If there is a defect then it is in us not in Islam, because we drift away from the reall concept and application of Islam .
Also do not forget that its in the interest of some western countries to keep us at that situation
Thank you
P.S :
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman
Memorizing the silly Qu'Ran
Sir ...
out of your kindness & generosity could you please not to use words like silly Qu'Ran etc because such terms really offend us as Muslims and I am sure you wouldn't wants us to be offended .
I would really appreciate it .
"All the best to you"

Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Yep ...
I have seen kingdom of heaven....
Have you seen the Friday evening public executions?

Last edited by Rafius; 05-21-2012 at 08:17 AM..

Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 AM

Coo-eee! squall-lionfart...where are ya??

Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
.... so modern in fact that you can watch public executions on Friday nights near the Juffali Mosque.

Beautiful it may be and the buildings may well be modern....but your culture is not. Your customs are still steeped in the barbarism of the 1st century. Mind you...so are some states in the USA. They just don't do it in public.

ExecutedToday.com Saudi Arabia
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Saudi executioner tells all
Yep ...
What can I say ...
We are one barbarian safe country
You should think a 1000 times before u commits any crime
That makes millions of people feel safe and secure and sleep well at night .
Is that barbarian or what !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Coo-eee! squall-lionfart
It is a shame when someone descending himself into that level of language .
I'm so disappointed !!!

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 05-22-2012 at 04:47 AM..

Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Yep ...
What can I say ...
Not a lot really. There is ample verifiable evidence to show that I'm correct. YOU and your people may think that Friday evening executions in the town square is good 'entertainment' but fortunately, the rest of the world left that sort of thing back in their 'dark ages'.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
We are one barbarian safe country
You should think a 1000 times before u commits any crime
That makes millions of people feel safe and secure and sleep well at night .
Is that barbarian or what !!!!
Read it and weep. You're better than most but you ain't 'squeaky clean' pal.
NationMaster - Saudi Crime statistics - compared to other countries

Last edited by Rafius; 05-22-2012 at 04:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or