U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:52 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post

The most perfect of muslims, ordered the death, rape and torture of untold amount of people and married children.. How can this not be construed as a violent religion?
Show me one historical document that backs that up. An actual historical account
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 09:44 AM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Show me one historical document that backs that up. An actual historical account
There is no need to look at history, unless you consider the last three days history...

2012.06.22 (Baghdad, Iraq) - 'Insurgents' set off a nail bomb at a crowded market, killing at least a dozen innocents and leaving over a hundred more injured.
2012.06.21 (Quetta, Pakistan) - Religion of Peace rivals bomb a mosque, killing two worshippers.
2012.06.21 (Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan) - Two very young children are among the dead when Islamists bomb a Sufi shrine.
2012.06.21 (Qargha Lake, Afghanistan) - At least twenty people are massacred by fundamentalists at a hotel serving alcohol.
2012.06.20 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A Shiite prayer leader is shot to death by Sunni rivals.
2012.06.20 (Logar, Afghanistan) - Four children and two women are among eight innocents torn apart by a Religion of Peace bomb.

Weekly Jihad Report
Jun . 09 - Jun. 15

Jihad Attacks: 39

Dead Bodies: 168

Critically Injured: 461

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Last edited by sanspeur; 06-23-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no need to look at history, unless you consider the last three days history...

2012.06.22 (Baghdad, Iraq) - 'Insurgents' set off a nail bomb at a crowded market, killing at least a dozen innocents and leaving over a hundred more injured.
2012.06.21 (Quetta, Pakistan) - Religion of Peace rivals bomb a mosque, killing two worshippers.
2012.06.21 (Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan) - Two very young children are among the dead when Islamists bomb a Sufi shrine.
2012.06.21 (Qargha Lake, Afghanistan) - At least twenty people are massacred by fundamentalists at a hotel serving alcohol.
2012.06.20 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A Shiite prayer leader is shot to death by Sunni rivals.
2012.06.20 (Logar, Afghanistan) - Four children and two women are among eight innocents torn apart by a Religion of Peace bomb.

Weekly Jihad Report
Jun . 09 - Jun. 15

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time
Those have all occured 1400 years afterthe death of Muhammad(PBUH). How do they verify Gplex's statement "The most perfect of Muslims, ordered the death, rape and torture of untold amount of people and married children.."

With the possible exception of Iraq, none of them even involve Arabs. Pakistanis are from an Indian ethnic group, Punjabi, Afghanistanis are from an Indian Ethnic Group Pushtan. while many Iraqi are Arab they are in the minority with the Majority being Iranian and Kurd both arryan ethnic groups.

Notice that I have said earlier most acts of violence by Muslim occur in one region of the world. Is it the result of religion, or is it the result of national culture?

Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 AM

616 posts, read 591,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
My goodness.... one google search can show you all the violent verses, and acts muhammad committed..
https://www.google.com/search?source...olent+muhammad. He married children!
Apostates are killed many times over...
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=o...dith+Apostates

The most perfect of muslims, ordered the death, rape and torture of untold amount of people and married children.. How can this not be construed as a violent religion?

I really notice your replise here smells of hate and ignorance about Islam Only put the links published by your media then says this is Islam !!!

Look !

firstly : I reply now Not to convince you ( It is not my responsibility) but to tell you Islam as it is, there is no advantage to lie ....

Secondly, I repeated this phrase a lot here since 2008 even now ...(( All the verses of fighting and violence in the Quran is against aggressors infidels ))

So ,Muhammad peace be upon him led the battles against the infidels through the commands of Allah in the Koran against those warriors that's called Jihad

Thirdly, you say the Prophet peace be upon him married children ( I laugh when I see the West, repeating the phrase without the awareness )

Fourth, do not know that the marriage of young known before Islam?? the girls befor 3000 years at the age of 9 years are considered a mature woman .....give me Details ....OK

it was Common and familiar in that environment and ages

Quote:
Those people competed in writing about such marriage and ignored the similar cases in the era where Prophet Muhammad was living. Why didn't the people - who criticized the Prophet for marrying Aisha- criticize the disbelievers who fought Muhammad and tried to kill him? They have married girls in early ages and even preceded the Prophet – Peace be upon him – in doing the same. So, if the intention of such criticizers is to criticize the relation between an old man and a young girl, they should have then spoken about the other similar cases which happened in the era of the Prophet – Peace be upon him.
Source Supporting Prophet Muhammad website - 2-If such Marriage was Strange, then why didn&#39t the Disbelievers of Quraish use it as a Pretext against Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)

Quote:
After demonstrating the age of consent for the American girl, which was until the last part of the 19th century just ten years i.e. one year older than Aisha when she married the Prophet – Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him – 13 centuries ago; moreover, such age was just seven years in one of the American States i.e. two years younger than Aisha – May Allah be pleased with her, and having demonstrated that the age of consent is still ranging between twelve to thirteen years in most countries of the world, including Western and Christian countries; accordingly, there is no ground to criticize the marriage of the Prophet – Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him – and Aisha – May Allah be pleased with her – which was portrayed by the instigators as an offence against young girls. Such instigators exploited the ignorance of the Western community about the age of consent in the West and the non Muslim countries in order to instigate against Islam and portray the Prophet of Islam – Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him – as an offender. Such instigators are in fact hypocrite people because they are accusing the Muslims with things practiced legally and normally by non Muslims In brief, the early marriage still exist in the 21st century, and it is practiced by European and Christian people in the 21st century; therefore, why is the Prophet of Islam – Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him –blamed for such marriage which took place before 1400 years?
Source
Supporting Prophet Muhammad website - 6- Is it Logical to judge a Marriage Case that took Place before 1400 Years under the Laws of the 21st Century?

Question from the same source above :

Did they know the Arabian Peninsula before 14 Centuries?
It is worth mentioning that the Western principles and mentality in the 21st Century may not understand the Eastern & Arabian principles and mentality in the 6th century fully and completely! There is a wide gap between the two cultures, mentalities, and geographies. This is an important point which should be recognized, because judging a norm practiced by an Eastern community before fourteen centuries by a secular Western culture in the 21st century won't be just or accurate. Therefore, the Western people in this era should study such norm and understand the reasons which justify it. Anyway, such reasons are still convincing the Western and Christian communities which do not oppose the early marriage until today.

here is topics Related by it
Supporting Prophet Muhammad website - Why did Prophet Muhammad Marry Aisha; the Young Gir

Because of difference in age and the environment today we reject and blame" young marriage" and it deprecated in Islamic societies But, as known in the Arab environment We have Girls want to marry at the age of 15 , 16, 17 ....etc

If she wants to marry, she is a free no problem

Last edited by weaam; 06-23-2012 at 10:40 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 AM

Footnote , in the West is not the problem the little girl have sex with her colleague at the school( in School bathrooms) then you Criticize the legal marriage in Islam !!!

Very funny !! Adultery is easy but marriage is Crime huh !!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Weekly Jihad Report
Jun . 09 - Jun. 15

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

LoL, sanspeur pleas open your mind cause you repeat this disc a lot , Bring me links to extremist groups then say this is islam or Jihad !!!!

So, those convicted in all islamic countries and is NOT Jihad

Also you Condemn these groups and forget your crimes

At least we Muslims were not wage war on another country non-muslim as America did in Afghanistan and Iraq So no one talks about killing while your government is vampires by Occupied Muslim lands, kill Muslim women and children

in short, any criminal will be the consequences " kill" whether Muslim or infidel

Look for yourselves OK ?

Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Footnote , in the West is not the problem the little girl have sex with her colleague at the school( in School bathrooms) then you Criticize the legal marriage in Islam !!!

Very funny !! Adultery is easy but marriage is Crime huh !!
It seems People like to see us as being violent and hostile. Very few ever stop to look at things like these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Paci...ient=firefox-a

https://www.google.com/search?q=Musl...ient=firefox-a

https://www.google.com/search?q=Non-...ient=firefox-a

Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 AM

10,425 posts, read 8,779,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Yes
You have two options: 1 Become a believer. 2 Die.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:23 AM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Those have all occured 1400 years afterthe death of Muhammad(PBUH). How do they verify Gplex's statement "The most perfect of Muslims, ordered the death, rape and torture of untold amount of people and married children.."

With the possible exception of Iraq, none of them even involve Arabs. Pakistanis are from an Indian ethnic group, Punjabi, Afghanistanis are from an Indian Ethnic Group Pushtan. while many Iraqi are Arab they are in the minority with the Majority being Iranian and Kurd both arryan ethnic groups.

Notice that I have said earlier most acts of violence by Muslim occur in one region of the world. Is it the result of religion, or is it the result of national culture?
In the cases I posted I attribute it directly to Islam as practiced by the various sects.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
In the cases I posted I attribute it directly to Islam as practiced by the various sects.
Yes, I notice you attribute it to Islam. I attribute it to be the result of National Culture, Overcrowding, gross disparity in the spread of wealth, corrupt governments, high illiteracy rates and going onto the third/fourth generation of a people not living in Peace.

There has to be a reason that this occurs so frequently in a specific region and seldom in other predominately Muslim regions.

The things I notice most that differ from other Muslim Regions.

The disparity in the dispersal of wealth
The corruption of the governments
Massive overcrowding with insufficient resources to support the population
Wide spread illiteracy
Nearly 50 years of constant war.
The long existing hostilities between Arabs and Aryans( Iranian, Pushtan and Punjabi) in the region
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or