U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I really notice your replise here smells of hate and ignorance about Islam Only put the links published by your media then says this is Islam !!!

Look !

firstly : I reply now Not to convince you ( It is not my responsibility) but to tell you Islam as it is, there is no advantage to lie ....

Secondly, I repeated this phrase a lot here since 2008 even now ...(( All the verses of fighting and violence in the Quran is against aggressors infidels ))

So ,Muhammad peace be upon him led the battles against the infidels through the commands of Allah in the Koran against those warriors that's called Jihad

Thirdly, you say the Prophet peace be upon him married children ( I laugh when I see the West, repeating the phrase without the awareness )

Fourth, do not know that the marriage of young known before Islam?? the girls befor 3000 years at the age of 9 years are considered a mature woman .....give me Details ....OK

it was Common and familiar in that environment and ages

Source Supporting Prophet Muhammad website - 2-If such Marriage was Strange, then why didn&#39t the Disbelievers of Quraish use it as a Pretext against Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)

Source
Supporting Prophet Muhammad website - 6- Is it Logical to judge a Marriage Case that took Place before 1400 Years under the Laws of the 21st Century?

Question from the same source above :

Did they know the Arabian Peninsula before 14 Centuries?
It is worth mentioning that the Western principles and mentality in the 21st Century may not understand the Eastern & Arabian principles and mentality in the 6th century fully and completely! There is a wide gap between the two cultures, mentalities, and geographies. This is an important point which should be recognized, because judging a norm practiced by an Eastern community before fourteen centuries by a secular Western culture in the 21st century won't be just or accurate. Therefore, the Western people in this era should study such norm and understand the reasons which justify it. Anyway, such reasons are still convincing the Western and Christian communities which do not oppose the early marriage until today.

here is topics Related by it
Supporting Prophet Muhammad website - Why did Prophet Muhammad Marry Aisha; the Young Gir

Because of difference in age and the environment today we reject and blame" young marriage" and it deprecated in Islamic societies But, as known in the Arab environment We have Girls want to marry at the age of 15 , 16, 17 ....etc

If she wants to marry, she is a free no problem
Do I despise islamic culture for calling the death of homosexuals.. the death of apostates.. not giving women equal rights.. not giving 'infidels' equal rights..
Do I hate these qualities of islam.. OF COURSE I DO!!!

1st - I've read the quran, I know it says lying to infidels is just dandy..

2nd - Repeating your self, more often and more loudly, doesn't make your statement true.

3rd & 4th - He did marry a 9 year old girl, don't try and justify it with my ancestors doing just as barbaric, evil acts and then claiming, "well if your ancestors did it, why can't mine". They are both equally absurdly mi-devil barbarians..

I can't believe you are actually trying to justify marrying children!!!!!!!

By modern western standards, muhammad would be thrown in jail, and charged with war crimes.

You have, on blind faith, accepted that muhammad is a perfect muslim. Watching you jumping through hoops to justify this primitive mans actions is horrifying.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
Good point

My grandmother god married at 15 years old and had a perfect marriage. I also know many girls in france got married as well very early and it was considered fine.

Now today in this side of the world many women want to sample the men, go to partys, drink and take drugs.
Then when nobody seems to be looking at them they say maybe I should get married now, nobody wants me.
Then they go after the young guy because the young guy calculates for easy path to sex and makes a promiss. But then the young guy gets corupted by all the fancy experienced sex of the older lady who is indeed a monster in every way. So the young guy breaks the promiss and goes into a life of materialism that he learned from the witch.

The tired old lady then wants to have a baby for perfect allegiance. This is the inside story in many situations, not all. So what is seen on internet may not be true for everyone, but....we know in the mind what some people would like. In a way all humankind is a mental case when it comes to sex if they have emotional issues and little guidance...and this world is very shy on morals...(no mental freedom for morals

One thing I wish the Islamic religion would do is make an amendment to the Quran and stop teaching the principals of war to the children and form a team with the rich muslims for force against the rotton violent muslims...IOW...why should the rest of the world have to spend money on Islam problem when you guys have enough money to clean these messy things up. Thats my observation...so its not against the hard working muslim...its against the wealthy muslim 100%...This is part of life I think...greed...so hopefully future man can become more interested in the fair moral distribution of wealth and whole progress for all people.

BTW.......if I was a little smurf consciousness floating around waiting for my chance at life and a mother......the very last thing I would want is an old lady whos been around the block a few 100 times...who cares about the money..I will work that out. This culture is amazing...it says oh were so smart, look at all our scientific knowledge...and then it offers the worst mother for the future of humanity. The worst imaginable and says...hey this is the way to go. This is simply contrasting opinion toward what could be more common sense in general world attitudes.
This is the thing about islamic culture, that many people have noticed.. they seem to hate the female genitalia.. as Hitchens once said, I don't share the same view.
If you would get to know a few females, stop viewing them as sex objects and stop spewing anger towards half the human race, you might actually see that there is a person there, who deserves the same respect, rights and liberty.

In my opinion islamic culture could lift itself out of the bronze age, and do this, the violence and hatred for half the human race would subside, and we can move on, building a better civilization for all of us.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:56 AM

37 posts, read 30,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Does Christianity cause violence? Let's see ? Slavery, genocide, the holocaust and pedophilia . I don't know maybe . I think people who abuse power in the name of religion do

A must read for everyone:

http://www.christianaction.org.za/articles_ca/2004-4-TheScourgeofSlavery.htm

While the European involvement in the Trans Atlantic slave trade to the Americas lasted for just over three centuries, the Arab involvement in the slave trade has lasted fourteen centuries, and in some parts of the Muslim world is still continuing to this day
While Christian Reformers spearheaded the anti-slavery abolitionist movements in Europe and North America, and Great Britain mobilised her Navy, throughout most of the 19th Century, to intercept slave ships and set the captives free, there was no comparable opposition to slavery within the Muslim world.
Our Lord Jesus Christ began His ministry in Nazareth with these words: "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me.to proclaim freedom for the prisoners.and release to the oppressed." Luke 4:18
When the apostle Paul wrote to Philemon, concerning his escaped slave, he urged him to welcome back Onesimus "no longer as a slave, but.as a dear brother.as a man and as a brother in the Lord." Philemon 16.
However, with the birth of Islam came a rebirth of the slave trade
One reason why very little has been written about the Arab involvement in slavery is that traditional Islamic culture still condones slavery. The Sharia, the codified Islamic law which is based upon the teachings and example of Mohammad, contains explicit regulations for slavery. One of the primary principles of Islam is following the example of Mohammad. Whatever Mohammad did, we must do, what he forbade, we must forbid, what he did not forbid, we may not forbid. As Mohammad himself traded in slaves and owned slaves, accumulating multiple wives, even marrying a six year old, and having concubines - slavery and the sexual exploitation of women is deeply ingrained in Islamic tradition. Muslim nations had engaged in the slave trade for over 600 years before Europe became involved in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Although the Old Testament provided for slavery for criminals and insolvent debtors, kidnapping and enslaving law-abiding people incurred the death penalty.

"Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death." Exodus 21:16

The New Testament expressly forbids both the slave trade and slavery itself. ".the Law is made not for the righteous but for Law breakers.for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers." 1 Timothy 1:9-10
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free.for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
"From one man He made every nation of men." Acts 17:26
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.love your neighbour as yourself." Mark 12:30-31
"Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
".where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Cor. 3:17
".proclaim liberty throughout the land." Leviticus 25:10

Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaick View Post
A must read for everyone:

http://www.christianaction.org.za/articles_ca/2004-4-TheScourgeofSlavery.htm

While the European involvement in the Trans Atlantic slave trade to the Americas lasted for just over three centuries, the Arab involvement in the slave trade has lasted fourteen centuries, and in some parts of the Muslim world is still continuing to this day
While Christian Reformers spearheaded the anti-slavery abolitionist movements in Europe and North America, and Great Britain mobilised her Navy, throughout most of the 19th Century, to intercept slave ships and set the captives free, there was no comparable opposition to slavery within the Muslim world.
Our Lord Jesus Christ began His ministry in Nazareth with these words: "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me.to proclaim freedom for the prisoners.and release to the oppressed." Luke 4:18
When the apostle Paul wrote to Philemon, concerning his escaped slave, he urged him to welcome back Onesimus "no longer as a slave, but.as a dear brother.as a man and as a brother in the Lord." Philemon 16.
However, with the birth of Islam came a rebirth of the slave trade
One reason why very little has been written about the Arab involvement in slavery is that traditional Islamic culture still condones slavery. The Sharia, the codified Islamic law which is based upon the teachings and example of Mohammad, contains explicit regulations for slavery. One of the primary principles of Islam is following the example of Mohammad. Whatever Mohammad did, we must do, what he forbade, we must forbid, what he did not forbid, we may not forbid. As Mohammad himself traded in slaves and owned slaves, accumulating multiple wives, even marrying a six year old, and having concubines - slavery and the sexual exploitation of women is deeply ingrained in Islamic tradition. Muslim nations had engaged in the slave trade for over 600 years before Europe became involved in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Although the Old Testament provided for slavery for criminals and insolvent debtors, kidnapping and enslaving law-abiding people incurred the death penalty.

"Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death." Exodus 21:16

The New Testament expressly forbids both the slave trade and slavery itself. ".the Law is made not for the righteous but for Law breakers.for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers." 1 Timothy 1:9-10
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free.for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
"From one man He made every nation of men." Acts 17:26
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.love your neighbour as yourself." Mark 12:30-31
"Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
".where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Cor. 3:17
".proclaim liberty throughout the land." Leviticus 25:10
Must reads for Christians:

Modern-day witch hunts | The Cavalier Daily

Modern Day Salem Witch Trials Kill Children in Africa - Red Letters

Witch Hunts: Medieval to Modern Day Manx Wytch
Witch Burning is Not a Thing of The Past | Relijournal

African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors

Aftrica's Modern Day Witch Hunt - The Daily Beast

Christians burning witches | Indian Realist

Christian Atrocities | Victims of Christianity | Catholic Church Inquisition | Crusades

Effects Of Christian Evangelism In Africa: More Child Witches Exposed? - Religion - Nairaland

History of Christianity and Christian Intolerance: the Inquisitions, witch hunts and torture

Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CHRISTIAN MISSIONARY ATROCITIES

Christian Atrocities Committed Against Non-Christian Peoples - Creation Spirituality Communities

Christian persecution in India

Central African Republic: Don’t annoy the Christian militia… | Religious Atrocities

Christians Killing Witches In Africa | Miscellanea Agnostica

Old 07-01-2012, 03:10 PM

Both islam and christianity teach violence... The bible can be easily picked apart by the followers, because of the unknown writers, but islam, they take muhammad as the perfect muslim, he would not give equal rights to women and infidels, and often resorted to violence when someone spoke against him. So this perfect muslim acted like the typical bronze age man, so it isn't surprising that islamic extremist do the same thing.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Both islam and christianity teach violence... The bible can be easily picked apart by the followers, because of the unknown writers, but islam, they take muhammad as the perfect muslim, he would not give equal rights to women and infidels, and often resorted to violence when someone spoke against him. So this perfect muslim acted like the typical bronze age man, so it isn't surprising that islamic extremist do the same thing.
Muhammad(PBUH) was a very kind man and took great care in treating all people fairly. Nearly all the negative views about him can be traced back to one book. Written by Ishaq from very questionable sources. It was written nearly 100 years after Muhammad's Death only one copy was ever made. That was eventually destroyed. through the rigors of time. Hisham found surviving pages of it and made a copy filling in the missing parts with his own words. It was not considered to be very authenticate and like Ishaq it slowly disappeared, but later Tabari copied what he could find of Hisham's work and did the same. The translations of that are what is today called Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad(PBUH) and from that is what most of the Western world basis their opinion on.

For Muslims the source for the life of Muhammad comes from the ahadith, namely the Ahadith written by Aisha. we see a very different portrait of Muhammad(PBUH) than what the Western world sees.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Muhammad(PBUH) was a very kind man and took great care in treating all people fairly. Nearly all the negative views about him can be traced back to one book. Written by Ishaq from very questionable sources. It was written nearly 100 years after Muhammad's Death only one copy was ever made. That was eventually destroyed. through the rigors of time. Hisham found surviving pages of it and made a copy filling in the missing parts with his own words. It was not considered to be very authenticate and like Ishaq it slowly disappeared, but later Tabari copied what he could find of Hisham's work and did the same. The translations of that are what is today called Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad(PBUH) and from that is what most of the Western world basis their opinion on.

For Muslims the source for the life of Muhammad comes from the ahadith, namely the Ahadith written by Aisha. we see a very different portrait of Muhammad(PBUH) than what the Western world sees.
You mean the 9 year old girl he married? So do you believe women and infidels should have equal rights to male muslims?

Muhammad took resources by force ( violence ) and order people to death...

Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
You mean the 9 year old girl he married? So do you believe women and infidels should have equal rights to male muslims?

Muhammad took resources by force ( violence ) and order people to death...
Show your source. Ishaq is not a reliable source as I explained above,

Old 07-01-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Do I despise islamic culture for calling the death of homosexuals.. the death of apostates.. not giving women equal rights.. not giving 'infidels' equal rights..
Do I hate these qualities of islam.. OF COURSE I DO!!!

1st - I've read the quran, I know it says lying to infidels is just dandy..

2nd - Repeating your self, more often and more loudly, doesn't make your statement true.

3rd & 4th - He did marry a 9 year old girl, don't try and justify it with my ancestors doing just as barbaric, evil acts and then claiming, "well if your ancestors did it, why can't mine". They are both equally absurdly mi-devil barbarians..

I can't believe you are actually trying to justify marrying children!!!!!!!

By modern western standards, muhammad would be thrown in jail, and charged with war crimes.

You have, on blind faith, accepted that muhammad is a perfect muslim. Watching you jumping through hoops to justify this primitive mans actions is horrifying.....
Number 1 is false
There is nothing dandy about lying and is something we are to avoid.

Number 2 is a personal judgement call

3 and 4 are true.

There is nothing to apologize for. The marriage was one of the happiest ever. Everything we know about Aisha comes from Aisha herself. At no time did she ever give any indication of regret. Aisha at even a young age is still considered to be one of the Best Islamic teachers who ever lived. She also wrote nearly 1/3 of all the Ahadith ever found.

The last statement is False. we accept nothing on blind faith and strive to verify all we believe. We are basically commanded to never accept the word of any man without proving to our self it is true.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM

37 posts, read 30,712 times
Quote:

Please show where Jesus or the Gospel teaches violence.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or