Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Are Stalin and Mao representative of all Athiests?
Are Franco and Mussolini representative of all Christians?

If you answered no to one or both of these questions yet still refuse to judge Muslims based on the individual person then you are the pot calling the kettle black and hopeless.
These Saudi muslims are trying to convince us Islam is a religion of peace when their own country does not demonstrate anything but barbarism and the opposite.

The only place muslims are peaceful is where the secular laws force them to be as such like the USA and here in South Africa. They are very nice people but they have assimilated.

Pure muslim countries all practice archaic subdication of their women and tend to be barbaric.

Until that is eradicated, the muslims have no real foot to stand on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 03:19 PM

617 posts, read 696,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
These Saudi muslims are trying to convince us Islam is a religion of peace when their own country does not demonstrate anything but barbarism and the opposite.

The only place muslims are peaceful is where the secular laws force them to be as such like the USA and here in South Africa. They are very nice people but they have assimilated.

Pure muslim countries all practice archaic subdication of their women and tend to be barbaric.

Until that is eradicated, the muslims have no real foot to stand on.

I'm talking about Islam as a Muslim NOT a saudia ,Muslim curriculum in every place is the Quran and Sunnah and Who told you that I convince you that Islam is a religion of peace, you are free to convince or not

* Where you came this word "barbarism" from any dictionary??

Media? huh !

Old 06-06-2012, 12:49 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Are Stalin and Mao representative of all Athiests?
Are Franco and Mussolini representative of all Christians?

If you answered no to one or both of these questions yet still refuse to judge Muslims based on the individual person then you are the pot calling the kettle black and hopeless.
Indeed, but only because these are the wrong questions to be asking.

The real question to ask is whether you can adumbrate a causal link between the categories in questions (Christianity, Islam, Atheism) and violent and horrific acts.

When you ask THAT question you find that atheism is the only one that gets a "no". Atheism is nothing more than a failure to believe one particular claim about the universe. One can not find a causal link between it and ANY action good or bad therefore.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I'm talking about Islam as a Muslim NOT a saudia ,Muslim curriculum in every place is the Quran and Sunnah and Who told you that I convince you that Islam is a religion of peace, you are free to convince or not
Here, please answer this question: what difference does it make whether Islam preaches violence or not, if its adherents behave as though it does?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:22 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Here, please answer this question: what difference does it make whether Islam preaches violence or not, if its adherents behave as though it does?
Some do behave as though Islam preaches violence. It is difficult to tell how many. But they seem to be mostly in the war torn nations.

The violent people seem to always be the ones who get the arrention.

Islam is based much on personal responsibility and not following any religious "leader" we each have the burden of learning what is permitted and what is forbidden. Our learning very often begins with our mothers and family then extends out to the community. But we ourselves are responsible for verifying the truth of what we learn from any source.

It does seem that many of us who live in peaceful lands only find Peace in the Qur'an while those who live in war torn nations only find justification for violence.

On a personal level every Muslim I know is very much peace loving.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:15 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
You so know that the conlfict is Syria is rapidly becoming yet another war where Muslims of one sect (Alawite Shiites) are now slaughtering those of a different sect, (Sunnis) don't you?

I have no idea how anyone can call Islam in any way a peaceful religion...

Quote:
He spoke hours before UN observers discovered the full horror of the massacre at the village of Qubair. One said: “I haven’t seen anything like this since the Balkans.”

BBC reporter Paul Danahar, who is with the UN team, described sickening scenes with 20 women and 20 children among up to 100 dead.
A man from another village pointed to bloodied sticks which he said had been used to kill the children.
UN officials warn Syria is close to civil war - Mirror Online

Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You so know that the conlfict is Syria is rapidly becoming yet another war where Muslims of one sect (Alawite Shiites) are now slaughtering those of a different sect, (Sunnis) don't you?

I have no idea how anyone can call Islam in any way a peaceful religion...

UN officials warn Syria is close to civil war - Mirror Online

It is probably quite difficult for non-Muslims to see the violence between Shi'i and Sunni as anything except religious intolerance.

In simplicity you need to understand the political differences between them. the political leader of all Shi'i in the Mideast is the ayatollah of Iran. To be shi'i in the Mideast is to be either Iranian or an Iranian sympathizer. to be Sunni in the same region is to be Arab. There have been many centuries of hostility between the 2. At one point the Iranians ruled much of the Arab world and a good part of the Indian subcontinent. There is still bitterness between Arabian and Iranian.

This is an Arab/Iranian issue more that a difference of religious beliefs. The religious differences between Shi'i and Sunni is insignificant. There are greater differences between the 4 Major Madhabs of the Sunni than between the general practices between Sunni and Shi'i.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 PM

617 posts, read 696,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is probably quite difficult for non-Muslims to see the violence between Shi'i and Sunni as anything except religious intolerance.

In simplicity you need to understand the political differences between them. the political leader of all Shi'i in the Mideast is the ayatollah of Iran. To be shi'i in the Mideast is to be either Iranian or an Iranian sympathizer. to be Sunni in the same region is to be Arab. There have been many centuries of hostility between the 2. At one point the Iranians ruled much of the Arab world and a good part of the Indian subcontinent. There is still bitterness between Arabian and Iranian.

This is an Arab/Iranian issue more that a difference of religious beliefs. The religious differences between Shi'i and Sunni is insignificant. There are greater differences between the 4 Major Madhabs of the Sunni than between the general practices between Sunni and Shi'i.

you are right . western non-Muslim can not understand these things they just are attributing them to Islam without understanding the political differences between us

Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
you are right . western non-Muslim can not understand these things they just are attributing them to Islam without understanding the political differences between us
Regardless of the differences or the reasons behind these killings, it is still Muslims doing the killing....Calling it political does not excuse it in any way...Face the facts please, many Muslims are violent and are taught violence and hatred from a very young age.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Regardless of the differences or the reasons behind these killings, it is still Muslims doing the killing....Calling it political does not excuse it in any way...Face the facts please, many Muslims are violent and are taught violence and hatred from a very young age.
Advocates calling these acts political, is just an admission of guilt. Islam is not just a religion, but a political doctrine, design to run your entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam