U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 AM

25 posts, read 24,766 times

Advertisements

The Purpose of Life

Part 1

Please Read it with an open heart.

Khalid Yaseen delivered this lecture in Saudi Arabia in 1994, which resulted in 43 persons accepting Islam on that very night.

Khalid Yaseen embraced Islam in 1965 and is currently the Director of the Islamic Teaching Institute in the USA. He specializes in a variety of topics and areas including: Youth, Islamic History, Culture, community development and Dawah work. He has lectured in a variety of places and locations both nationally and internationally and has been the means by which a large number of non-Muslims have reverted to Islam.

Moderator cut: Post original content only. Rephrase short articles; post links for long ones.

The Purpose of Life by Khalid Yaseen , Does Life Has a Purpuse?

Moderator cut: No advertising/commercial sites, please.

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-29-2007 at 03:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 05:44 AM

Most beautiful websites

Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an
Quran Miracles.
Harun Yahya - An Invitation to The Truth

Your Answers

Islamic Research Foundation
Faq on Islam (http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm - broken link)

Old 09-24-2007, 01:18 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,038,640 times
Nice post.. I enjoyed it.

But what I often ask myself, why has the most ancient of religions been ignored, its still practiced to this day, but most people just over look it. Religions of the Orient? Jesus never mentions these people in the bible ever, nor does ALLAH, but they were there doing their thing, practicing their religions and beliefs but there in no mention of them.. wonder how god could of forgotten these people... humm maybe because these books you get your reason or facts based off of, are written by man and not god.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 PM

5,635 posts, read 13,973,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

But what I often ask myself, why has the most ancient of religions been ignored, its still practiced to this day, but most people just over look it. Religions of the Orient? Jesus never mentions these people in the bible ever, nor does ALLAH, but they were there doing their thing, practicing their religions and beliefs but there in no mention of them.. wonder how god could of forgotten these people... humm maybe because these books you get your reason or facts based off of, are written by man and not god.
Jesus said you should have no other God except the Father. So, maybe that's why?

What evidence do you have that the bible was not inspired by God? I'd love to hear it.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:

Peace to all, brother Muhnay i think you don't have proper knowledge about the true words of God Almighty. All the messengers which God Almighty sent to this world were and is for guidance to all human beings includeing pagans and ancient religions which they invented by their selves.

If you read the holy Quran you will see God Almighty condemns and warns these self invented gods and ancient religions many a times.

I am sure if you read the Bible you will find plenty because the source is the same.

It's mentioned in the Bible. "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die. (Deuteronomy 17:3-5)"

The Holy Quran addresses them.

(The Pagans), leaving Him, call but upon female deities: They call but upon satan the persistent rebel![004:117]

[003:095] Say: "God speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans."

[061:009] It is He Who has sent His Apostle with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

read the above verse again (61:9) which predicts that Islam will grow up over all religions. and God Almighty is always correct as usual.

Today Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.
Is London's future Islamic? - Features - London - Time Out London
Islam the Fastest Growing Religion
CNN - Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world - Apr. 14, 1997

20,000 American revert to Islam per Year. Watch the news in BBC,CNN and NBC.

Moderator cut: No advertising/commercial sites, please.

When comes the Help of God, and Victory, you will see the people enter God's Religion (ISLAM) in crowds, [110:1:2]

IS not the above verse of our creator correct?

absolutely, as usual.

Moderator cut: Please only post links once!

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-29-2007 at 03:25 AM..

Old 09-29-2007, 05:17 AM

My apology.

I didn't that posting versions different threads with similar titles are also forbidden in this forum.

anyway my bad.

Moderator cut: Competing site... again, please refer to TOS!

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-02-2007 at 11:33 AM..

Old 09-29-2007, 02:20 PM

52 posts, read 137,543 times
Many versions of what pitiful man considers to be the Truth. One very convincing article below:

Booklet > This is The United Church of God > God's Great Purpose for All Mankind

Last edited by pablobee; 09-29-2007 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: update

Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 AM

I dont think you have heard the TRUTH yet.

brother please read my posts in the future insha Allah.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM

29,041 posts, read 45,015,503 times
truth_only... we welcome your opinions and thoughts here, but PLEASE refer to the Terms of Service before posting again: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,546,160 times
The purpose in life is to glorify God and to do what is right unto Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or