U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM
 
1,646 posts, read 1,571,675 times
Reputation: 1206

Advertisements

What assurance do you as a Muslim, have of reaching paradise? Verses that you base this on are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 PM
 
1,884 posts, read 1,657,294 times
Reputation: 115
O My slaves! For you there is no fear this day, nor is it ye who grieve;

(Ye) who believed Our revelations and were self-surrendered,

Enter the Garden, ye and your wives, to be made glad.

Therein are brought round for them trays of gold and goblets,
and therein is all that souls desire and eyes find sweet.
And ye are immortal therein. The Noble Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
 
1,646 posts, read 1,571,675 times
Reputation: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
O My slaves! For you there is no fear this day, nor is it ye who grieve;

(Ye) who believed Our revelations and were self-surrendered,

Enter the Garden, ye and your wives, to be made glad.

Therein are brought round for them trays of gold and goblets,
and therein is all that souls desire and eyes find sweet.
And ye are immortal therein. The Noble Quran.
Thank you truth teller. I do have a few questions about what you quoted, if you don't mind?

Is that God speaking?

Also, What does one have to do, to obtain "immortality therein"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,314,380 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Thank you truth teller. I do have a few questions about what you quoted, if you don't mind?

Is that God speaking?

Also, What does one have to do, to obtain "immortality therein"?
I can't speak for truth teller but speaking for myself.

We have full faith in the mercy, power and fair justice of Allaah(swt). We believe He alone has the power to forgive sins and that he is truly forgiving of those who are sincerely repentant and ask for forgiveness. We can do nothing to earn heaven, but we not need do anything except to be truly sorry for our sins and ask for forgiveness. The truly repentant will be forgiven and those forgiven will enter heaven.

It is not much different from the Christian belif except we do not pray to any intermediary. God(swt) is a singularity and not a trinity it is to him alone we beg for forgiveness. God(swt) need only forgive and the repentant are forgiven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,314,380 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I can't speak for truth teller but speaking for myself.

We have full faith in the mercy, power and fair justice of Allaah(swt). We believe He alone has the power to forgive sins and that he is truly forgiving of those who are sincerely repentant and ask for forgiveness. We can do nothing to earn heaven, but we not need do anything except to be truly sorry for our sins and ask for forgiveness. The truly repentant will be forgiven and those forgiven will enter heaven.

It is not much different from the Christian belief except we do not pray to any intermediary. God(swt) is a singularity and not a trinity it is to him alone we beg for forgiveness. God(swt) need only forgive and the repentant are forgiven.
To add to what wrote above.

Our love of God(swt)is a very great love. We love God(swt) just as you love Jesus(as). The difference being we do not divide our love among 3 segments. We see God(swt) as a single entity undivided. We believe in the infinite power of God(swt) and do not limit it to him requiring anything to enable him to forgive. He need only forgive and it is forgiven. We need to admit our sins to him, be truly remorseful for them and accept God(swt) alone as our Savior and sincerely ask him for forgiveness. We have full faith he will forgive the sincerly repentent that seek his forgiveness and desire to change their life to that of obedience to the best of our ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM
 
1,884 posts, read 1,657,294 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Thank you truth teller. I do have a few questions about what you quoted, if you don't mind?

Is that God speaking?

Also, What does one have to do, to obtain "immortality therein"?


The name of the god is Allah and he is the only god.

Allah is the one who created us and created every thing.

and what i quoted is an english translation for what Allah said , because Allah said that in the arabic language and you can find it in the final book of Allah and that is Quran.

The Quran contains all the speaking of Allah.

and there are translation for the Quran in most of the important langauge.


and to obtain "immortality therein.


you must submit yourself to the one who created you , to the god Allah and that is Islam.


Islam is to submit to Allah in His Oneness (Monotheism)
to be subservient to Him in obedience, and to shun associating any partners, rivals, and intercessors with Him.


Islam has five primary obligations, or pillars of faith, that each Muslim must fulfill in his or her lifetime.


The Five Pillars of Islam are the framework of the Muslim life. They are

the testimony of faith,
prayer,
giving zakat (support of the needy),
fasting during the month of Ramadan,
and the pilgrimage to Makkah once in a lifetime for those who are able.





1- The Testimony of Faith:
The testimony of faith is saying with conviction,

“La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

This saying means “There is no true god (deity) but Allah,
and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of Allah.


for more details please see Islam Guide: What Are the Five Pillars of Islam?




The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,

"If anyone testifies that

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone Who has no partners,
and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle,
and that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him,
and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true,
Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few."

(Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada added,
'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he likes.")

Last edited by truth_teller; 07-10-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
 
1,646 posts, read 1,571,675 times
Reputation: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We have full faith in the mercy, power and fair justice of Allaah(swt). We believe He alone has the power to forgive sins and that he is truly forgiving of those who are sincerely repentant and ask for forgiveness. We can do nothing to earn heaven, but we not need do anything except to be truly sorry for our sins and ask for forgiveness. The truly repentant will be forgiven and those forgiven will enter heaven.
If you were to die today (sorry I don't mean to be morbid), do you know for certain where you are headed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is not much different from the Christian belif except we do not pray to any intermediary. God(swt) is a singularity and not a trinity it is to him alone we beg for forgiveness. God(swt) need only forgive and the repentant are forgiven.
God manifested Himself as a man. Fully God, yet fully Human. We do not worship 3 separate gods. God is the almighty and if He wanted to become a man, who are we to say He couldn't? As I recall, you said you used to be Christian. I would think you would know the basic doctrine of the 3 persons of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM
 
1,646 posts, read 1,571,675 times
Reputation: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
that was in his era
So maybe the revelation of Muhammad, was just for his era, and Joseph smith is the prophet for todays era?

God isn't the author of confusion. Why would He send Christ who finished everything continue to send prophets with different doctrine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM
 
1,884 posts, read 1,657,294 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
So maybe the revelation of Muhammad, was just for his era, and Joseph smith is the prophet for todays era?

God isn't the author of confusion. Why would He send Christ who finished everything continue to send prophets with different doctrine?


Allah did not leave this for may be .

Allah told us evry things in his final book.

Allah told us that Muhammad is the final prophet in this verse


Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is
the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets and
Allah is ever Aware of all things. Holy Quran 33:40

any one claim or claimed that he is a messenger from God after the prophet Muhammed then
he is liar or imposter or under illusion.


however

prophet Jesus peace be upon them will descend from heaven one day to the earth to perform some tasks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
 
1,646 posts, read 1,571,675 times
Reputation: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
prophet Jesus peace be upon them will descend from heaven one day to the earth to perform some tasks.
Jesus forgave sins, while He was on earth. Isn't that reserved for God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top