U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:32 AM

897 posts, read 2,253,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only View Post
Peace be upon you all,

Brothers and sisters Extremely important and fundamental question was asked by one of the brother.

He asked, " how do you know your religion is the right one"

I AM ABSOLUTELY 100% SURE THAT MY RELIGION IS TRUE.

Reason:

HE IS PROPHESIZED IN THE BIBLE ( NEW TESTAMENT )

HE IS PROPHESIZED IN THE TORAH ( OLD TESTAMENT )

HE IS PROPHESIZED IN THE HINDU SCRIPTURES

HE IS PROPHESIZED IN THE BUDDHIST SCRIPTURES

HE IS PROPHESIZED IN THE PARSI SCRIPTURES

HE IS PROPHESIZED IN DEAD SEA SCROLLS

Where does it say in the Old Testament (torah) was speaking about Prophet Muhammad/allah. If he was the chosen prophet that was described in the torah why would he kill the Jews? Why would he ascribe to allowing to kill people that are not accepting of their beliefs? Why would you believe that Deut 18 is talking about a non-Jew when it actual state G-d will raise a prophet among you(jewish). So if you believe that Muhammad is true. Then anyone can claim that Deut 18 ascribes to there religion.I can claim I was prophized in the bible and so can any one. Bet you did not know that?

If you think you found the truth explain this:
"If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, 'Let us follow other gods' (gods you have not known) 'and let us worship them,' you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you" (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NIV).

The opening post sounds like a sales Gimmick. It like saying Gm is number 1 in car sales. So buy a Gm because we are number 1.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,276,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but this is something I heard recently. (I'm sure if it's inaccurate, someone will correct me on this board!)
But anyway, I heard that Mohammed originally held Christian based beliefs and began having some visions which he initially deemed to be "demonic" in source, but his wife and friends convinced him they were not. Interesting... I thought.
That sounds kind of familiar to what Joseph thought about his wife being preggers without his help isn't it?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM

8,668 posts, read 20,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
That sounds kind of familiar to what Joseph thought about his wife being preggers without his help isn't it?
Not sure I see the connection...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:08 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,502,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
and you completely missed the point.
Sorry, I thought you meant that Christians are as 100% sure their religion is the right one as this guy is and that the similarities between the passions for the two religions were so obvious that had this post been from a fundamental Christian standpoint, Christians would be rallying around their professing 'brother'.

What was your point?

If it's similar to what I typed above then all I have to say is "Amen, PhillyChief"

Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM

679 posts, read 1,347,132 times
Yes, that's it. I missed your point. I thought you were not seeing the similarity and merely cheering yours over another. My mistake.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,502,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
Yes, that's it. I missed your point. I thought you were not seeing the similarity and merely cheering yours over another. My mistake.
Nope, Christian with (marginal) brain in tact here. Thanks for checking....

Old 10-02-2007, 01:35 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,997,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only View Post

What would you think about a book which PREDICTED THE COLLAPSE OF TWIN TOWERS 2001/9/11 MIRACULOUSLY?
I'd say it was a bunch of bunk, because it has been shown that that Q'uran does NOT make that prediction.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 PM

51,816 posts, read 29,901,232 times
Moderator cut: Off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only
What would you think about a book which UNITES ALL HUMAN BEINGS?
What would you think about a book which PREDICTED THE COLLAPSE OF TWIN TOWERS 2001/9/11 MIRACULOUSLY?
Well then you should encourage Osama bin Laden and the rest of those terrorist "human beings" in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan to read the book, because they don't seem to understand that "Unite all human beings" concept, or they show it by flying jetliners into buildings, blowing themselves up, and killing innocent civilians.

Quote:
What would you think about a book which HAS GIVEN EQUAL RIGHTS TO WOMEN 1400 YEARS AGO?
Equal Rights? Hmmm, I guess that explains why many Muslim women have to cover themselves up completely when they're in public, and a Muslim husband can have his wife executed for adultry, even if he has no proof of it.

This says it all and it was written about 2000 years ago.
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-02-2007 at 10:45 PM..

Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM

51,816 posts, read 29,901,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I'd say it was a bunch of bunk, because it has been shown that that Q'uran does NOT make that prediction.
Rob, you brought up a good point about this.

Quote:
Then:

Quote:
What would you think about a book which MAINTAIN PEACE AND LOVE IN THE WORLD WHEN PRACTISED?
If you're saying the Quran predicted the collapse of the Twin Towers, then you said it was done by a Miracle? If you call radical Muslim terrorists flying Boeing 767's into the twin towers of the WTC, which caused the subsequent collapse of the buildings "Miraculous"... then I'm starting to question the claim you made about "The peace and love in the world". If that's your idea of peace and love, then you should read what Jesus told us in the Book of John, Chapter 13 34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

To me, it seems like a lot of Muslims are not practicing what was written in the Quran, and when you have the president of Iran who speaks of "Wiping Israel off the map", it makes me wonder what your definition of "Peace and Love" is?

Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 PM

897 posts, read 2,253,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Rob, you brought up a good point about this.

Then:

If you're saying the Quran predicted the collapse of the Twin Towers, then you said it was done by a Miracle? If you call radical Muslim terrorists flying Boeing 767's into the twin towers of the WTC, which caused the subsequent collapse of the buildings "Miraculous"... then I'm starting to question the claim you made about "The peace and love in the world". If that's your idea of peace and love, then you should read what Jesus told us in the Book of John, Chapter 13 34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

To me, it seems like a lot of Muslims are not practicing what was written in the Quran, and when you have the president of Iran who speaks of "Wiping Israel off the map", it makes me wonder what your definition of "Peace and Love" is?
Don't forget that islam is practice mostly in the 10/40 window. Most of islam is in the poorest nations of the world.
10/40 Window - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or