U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2007, 01:21 AM
 
25 posts, read 24,757 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Peace on all of you my brothers and sisters,

I know that how strange this thread is to you, BECAUSE ITS ABOUT ISLAM.

Islam is the misunderstood religion in the world. when ever a Muslim like me faces others, the only allegation will be TERRORISM.

This is because the Media is broad casting and spreading things against Islam and Muslims. There are approx 1.3 billion Muslims in the world, all of them are not Terrorists only a few are and that's for their own purpose.

I want to tell you one thing for sure, that EVERY SINGLE QUESTION, CRITICS AND ALLEGATION HAS A CONVINCING ANSWER IN ISLAM.

So please ask questions I will try my best to answer you, BUT WITH AN OPEN HEART.


Quote:
It is good to know that you have found a path that is right for yourself.

Please know that others have found a different path that is just as meaningful to them as your way is to you. They probably would not agree with you on a lot of your statements. Their way is as important to them as yours is to you.

It's important that we learn about different ways. Knowledge makes us stronger. Thanks for your information.
Brother the way I have mentioned above is not only for me but for everyone.

What others chosed may not be correct. Ask them most of them are not sure.

This question was aked in another thread, but i saw most of them sounded that they were not sure if their religion is the true one.

Quote:
LOL! If you had chosen christianity instead of islam, this thread would be 10 pages long filled with "amen, brother" posts.
When you chose a path you need to be sure it is the RIGHT ONE !

Quote:
I thought the Mormons claim this prize.
I dont understand your point brother.

Quote:
I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but this is something I heard recently. (I'm sure if it's inaccurate, someone will correct me on this board!)
But anyway, I heard that Mohammed originally held Christian based beliefs and began having some visions which he initially deemed to be "demonic" in source, but his wife and friends convinced him they were not. Interesting... I thought.
This reputations is incorrect, But i will tell you something these are the claims of Christians and its not true.here is your answer.

Faq on Islam (http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm - broken link) read the first Question.

Quote:
I do not need a list... salt and light is all...... and I point to the "empty tomb".
I wanted to draw your attention.

Quote:
And now here come the pages of "Sorry, brother, you're wrong..."
but with proof insha Allah ( If God Almighty intends ).


Quote:
LOL! So true. Where's ikester to tell us how islam came from Satan? Man, I should have bookmarked that.

Well if islam works for you, have a nice day. As long as you don't hate others who believe differently or feel the need to push your beliefs on others, than best of luck to you.
Your question is here brother:Faq on Islam (http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm - broken link)

Islam works for all, that's why the western people accept it. And I do not hate others but in fact i have respect for them.

That's what Islam Teach.

 
Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
6,715 posts, read 12,273,104 times
Reputation: 4279
Actually, this is starting to turn into one of those "My religion is better than yours" debates. This will be fun. Anyone venture a guess as to which religion gets more vindictive? I've got two to one odds on the Christians.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 AM
 
25 posts, read 24,757 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Where does it say in the Old Testament (torah) was speaking about Prophet Muhammad/allah.
God Almighty says in The Quran:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law ( Torah ) and the Gospels"

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Prophet will be From Among their brother

Like you Moses (PBUH)

My words will be in his mouth

And he shall speak that i command him.

First who fullfills this prophecy other than Mohammad (PBUH) ?

The Bible says:

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) preached that there is ONLY ONE GOD. But the Bible says if the prophet speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.
Prophet Mohammad (PUH) spend all his life preaching the oneness of God NOT gods.
And also if he was not a true prophet he would be killed . He did complete his job. God Almighy says in the holy Quran:

O Apostle! Proclaim the (message) which hath been sent to you from your Lord. If you did not, you wouldnt not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission. And God will defend you from men ....[005:067]

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was indeed protected by God Almighty because all the pagans try to kill him many times but they failed.

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) mission was to inform people about the oneness of God Almighy and he condemned statues idol worshiping means other gods which the Bible is talking about in Deu: 18:20.


Quote:
If he was the chosen prophet that was described in the torah why would he kill the Jews?
Can you please discribe the battle in which he killed the jews?

Quote:
Why would he ascribe to allowing to kill people that are not accepting of their beliefs?
First Can you please discribe the battle in which he killed the people?

second That's what the Bible says in 18:5:9:10

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known),You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God

Now, if you look at Christians who led the people astray from the right path of our lords by telling them to worship 3 gods ( TRINITY ) must be put to death.

Quote:
Why would you believe that Deut 18 is talking about a non-Jew when it actual state G-d will raise a prophet among you(jewish). So if you believe that Muhammad is true. Then anyone can claim that Deut 18 ascribes to there religion.I can claim I was prophized in the bible and so can any one. Bet you did not know that?
Remember the fake prophet must die 18:20

Fake prophet will be teaching gods. 13:2

and also what ever he says will not come true 18:22

It's quit easy to recognize the true prophet by taking the above verses.

1: Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was not put to death.
2:Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) did not teach to worship other gods except ONE
3: Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) have said things which has come true.

Quote:
The opening post sounds like a sales Gimmick. It like saying Gm is number 1 in car sales. So buy a Gm because we are number 1.
Have you ever heard such things about other religious scriptures other than THE HOLY QURAN?


Quote:
I'd say it was a bunch of bunk, because it has been shown that that Q'uran does NOT make that prediction.
The reason I included this in my post was to draw your attention.

The holy Quran is such a miraculous book that amazed people, as I said It talks about the PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE.

Last edited by truth_only; 10-03-2007 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: correction
 
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 AM
 
25 posts, read 24,757 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Well then you should encourage Osama bin Laden and the rest of those terrorist "human beings" in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan to read the book, because they don't seem to understand that "Unite all human beings" concept, or they show it by flying jetliners into buildings, blowing themselves up, and killing innocent civilians.
That's what we Muslims and the Scholars are trying to tell these so called Terrorists to stop killing innocent people.

The Holy Quran UNITES ALL BY THESE RULES:

Follow The Holy Quran

[003:103] And hold fast, all together, by the rope (The Holy Quran),...

and be not divided among yourselves;

so that by His Grace, ye became brethren;

Thus doth God make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.


Complete The Hajj

[002:196] And complete the Hajj or 'umra in the service of God.

Pray 5 Times Together

[002:043] And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship).


Quote:
Equal Rights? Hmmm, I guess that explains why many Muslim women have to cover themselves up completely when they're in public, and a Muslim husband can have his wife executed for adultry, even if he has no proof of it.
good questions brother.

First Hijab is for the protection of women so that they will not be Molested and Raped as the non Muslims women are victimized of.

Second You are mistaken brother, Any Muslim who claims that his wife had commited adultry must BRING 4 WITNESSES to prove is claim, If he did not prove his claim then he must be hit 80 lashes.

[024:004] And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;-

And by the way the Bible also gives STONE DEATH:

"Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die"deutronomy 17:05

This says it all and it was written about 2000 years ago.

In the past women were degraded and used as objects of lust

The following examples from history amply illustrate the fact that the status of women in earlier civilizations was very low to the extent that they were denied basic human dignity:


Babylonian Civilization:
The women were degraded and were denied all rights under the Babylonian law. If a man murdered a woman, instead of him being punished, his wife was put to death.

Greek Civilization:
Greek Civilization is considered the most glorious of all ancient civilizations. Under this very ‘glorious’ system, women were deprived of all rights and were looked down upon. In Greek mythology, an ‘imaginary woman’ called ‘Pandora’ is the root cause of misfortune of human beings. The Greeks considered women to be subhuman and inferior to men. Though chastity of women was precious, and women were held in high esteem, the Greeks were later overwhelmed by ego and sexual perversions. Prostitution became a regular practice amongst all classes of Greek society.

Roman Civilization:
When Roman Civilization was at the zenith of its ‘glory’, a man even had the right to take the life of his wife. Prostitution and nudity were common amongst the Romans.

Egyptian Civilization:
The Egyptian considered women evil and as a sign of a devil.

Pre-Islamic Arabia:
Before Islam spread in Arabia, the Arabs looked down upon women and very often when a female child was born, she was buried alive.

Islam uplifted the status of women and granted them their just rights 1400 years ago. Islam expects women to maintain their status.

Quote:
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness that ye may take away part of the dower ...on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"

[030:021] And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.

The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) was reported to have said:

'The most perfect Muslim in the matter of faith is one who has excellent behavior; and the best among you are those who behave best towards their wives"

The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) was reported to have said:

'It is not appropriate that you fall upon your wives like a beast but you must send a message of love beforehand."
(From Mishkat al-Masabih, No. 0278(R) Transmitted by Tirmidhi).




Quote:
If you're saying the Quran predicted the collapse of the Twin Towers, then you said it was done by a Miracle?
First you need to know how is it predicted.

The even took place in :2001/9/11

if you look in the Quran at chapter 9 section 11 verses 108 and 109 God Almighty says:

[9:108] Never stand thou forth therein. There is a mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of the standing forth (for prayer) therein. In it are men who love to be purified; and God loveth those who make themselves pure.

[9:109] Which then is best? - he that layeth his foundation on piety to God and His good pleasure? - or he that layeth his foundation on an undermined sand-cliff ready to crumble to pieces? and it doth crumble to pieces with him, into the fire of Hell. And God guideth not people that do wrong.


Twin Towers were located at: 108 and 109

The Verses are also 108 and 109

if you count letters of the begining of chapter 9 till verse 109 it makes 2001.


Quote:
If you call radical Muslim terrorists flying Boeing 767's into the twin towers of the WTC, which caused the subsequent collapse of the buildings "Miraculous"... then I'm starting to question the claim you made about "The peace and love in the world".
Everything is predestinateed is in't?

Also there are many proofs and evidences that 9/11 was an INSIDE JOB.

Quote:
If that's your idea of peace and love, then you should read what Jesus told us in the Book of John, Chapter 13 34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
No religion teach violence. check the above verses.

Quote:
To me, it seems like a lot of Muslims are not practicing what was written in the Quran, and when you have the president of Iran who speaks of "Wiping Israel off the map", it makes me wonder what your definition of "Peace and Love" is?
You can blame Muslims but not Islam.

Quote:
Don't forget that islam is practice mostly in the 10/40 window. Most of islam is in the poorest nations of the world.
Don't forget that Islam is the fastest growing and second largest religion in the world.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Arizona, The American Southwest
51,816 posts, read 29,888,322 times
Reputation: 90870
Truth Only - I'll take a couple of items you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only
..And by the way the Bible also gives STONE DEATH:

"Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die"deutronomy 17:05
When many Jewish leaders were about to stone Mary Magdelene for committing adultry, Jesus stepped in, as described in John 8:7 But when they continued asking him, he looked up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her".

By the way, I'd like to correct you on something. The scripture you quoted from Deuteronomy 17:5 was written over 3000 years ago, not 2000.

On the prediction of the twin towers of the WTC, that doesn't really tell me anything, and the "Chapter 9 11, verses 108 and 109" scripture you quoted mentions a mosque. Is that supposed to suggest the towers will be replaced by a mosque? If I read this correctly, God is supposed to judge people for their actions, not other people, and when I look at the September 11th attacks, it sure looks like those 19 individuals took it upon themselves to pass judgement on the United States.

I also heard that the 19 terrorists chose September 11th because of those scriptures, but that's just a speculation, and nobody has been able to find any evidence that the September 11th attacks were "an inside job".

Many so-called "experts" also took scriptures from the Bible and came up with a matrix and a pattern of selecting certain words and letters, that were fed into a computer and the results supposedly mentioned many words that are associated with the September 11th events, which really doesn't tell us anything because depending on which translation of the Bible you read, the matrix results won't be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only
You can blame Muslims but not Islam.
I respect where you stand on terrorism, but the problem is, many average moderate Muslims like yourself cannot stand up and speak against the actions of their radical couterparts because of fear for their lives and the lives of their families. Many moderate Muslims have been murdered just because they spoke against the actions of the radical elements, and we see it in Iraq everyday. When several Iraqi elections were held, radical Muslim groups threatened to kill voters who simply want to practice the form of democracy and defy the idealogy of radical Muslims, and I find it sad that the polls have to be like a fort to keep out suicide bombers, or anybody with sinister plots.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,252,414 times
Reputation: 186
deut 18:18 is a describing a Jewish prophet not a non-Jewish prophet. So Mohammad does not fit. You quoted that part of my statement but you ignore Mohammad killing the Jews. Does Hashem command to kill his own people. I do not think so.
You are right Islam preaches one god but not the Jewish god. Allah is not Hashem.Their is not one reference to I am in the Quran. If it was the same god then why does Islam want to remove Judaism?
Reason why most Christians and Jews are hated by Islam or have a negative view on Islam is because Christian/ Jews never accepted Islam and Mohammad decided to kill non-believers.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Just a few miles outside of St. Louis
1,921 posts, read 5,166,785 times
Reputation: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only View Post
Islam works for all, that's why the western people accept it. And I do not hate others but in fact i have respect for them.
I don't mean to sound argumentative, and I have every respect for your right to believe as you do, but I wonder why you would think that Islam works for all? And, that the western people accept it? Indeed, some westerners do accept it, but many others accept Christianity, Judaism, Paganism, even Atheism. My point is, that people accept the religion, (or lack thereof), that works for them. There are Muslims that have switched camps, so to speak, and became Christian, because that worked for them. There are Christians who have become Jewish, because it works for them.

The older I get, the more I study and reflect, the more I believe that our Creator has an interest in us all, whatever religion we choose to follow, or even if we don't, in this wonderous universe of ours. I am content to simply believe in my Creator. I have no desire to be involved in organized religion, (and I come from a Christian evangelical/fundamentalist background), or to ask others to do the same, be it Christian, Muslim, Judaism, etc. I have come to the point in my life, where I desire simplicity in my dealings with my Creator, not dogma or doctrines, rules and commands from upper authority in organized religion. Frankly, they know nothing more than I do. I can, and will, go to my Creator myself, without a middleman.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
 
2,955 posts, read 6,743,612 times
Reputation: 1928
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only View Post



I dont understand your point brother.
Waht I meant is:
Don't the Mormons say that their religion is the "fastest-growing" one worldwide?
 
Old 10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Somewhere along the path to where I'd like to be.
2,180 posts, read 4,996,270 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_only View Post

The reason I included this in my post was to draw your attention.

The holy Quran is such a miraculous book that amazed people, as I said It talks about the PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE.
You wanted to draw our attention to what? The fact that you're inserting a totally FALSE claim into your argument, asserting it as fact, in order to build up support for Islam? Yeah, that's a fair way to debate.

Here, let me make up something about what the Bible says:

The Bible says that there will arise a false prophet named Allah who will bring much shame to his followers and be the cause of a great war that results in the total annihilation of Mecca and much of the land of Arabia will lay desolate for many years that follow.

Totally false claim. The Bible says no such thing, so it would be really unfair of me to say it does. It would essentially discredit everything I have to say about the Bible - much the same way as YOUR false claim about what the Q'uran says discredits what YOU say. If you're going to resort to false claims, how can ANYONE believe anything you have to say about the Q'uran and Islam?
 
Old 10-04-2007, 06:13 AM
 
25 posts, read 24,757 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
When many Jewish leaders were about to stone Mary Magdelene for committing adultry, Jesus stepped in, as described in John 8:7 But when they continued asking him, he looked up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her".
Yes that is correct, Both religion Islam and Christianity ordered Stone death because the source is the same.

Quote:
By the way, I'd like to correct you on something. The scripture you quoted from Deuteronomy 17:5 was written over 3000 years ago, not 2000.
By the way, I'd like to remind you of something very important.

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Quote:
On the prediction of the twin towers of the WTC, that doesn't really tell me anything, and the "Chapter 9 11, verses 108 and 109" scripture you quoted mentions a mosque. Is that supposed to suggest the towers will be replaced by a mosque? If I read this correctly, God is supposed to judge people for their actions, not other people, and when I look at the September 11th attacks, it sure looks like those 19 individuals took it upon themselves to pass judgement on the United States
.

Why are you so hateful brother?

I know it may not be correct so.

There are many indication in the Holy Quran as this one:

The word "land" appears 13 times in the Qur'an and the word "sea" 32 times, giving a total of 45 references. If we divide that number by that of the number of references to the land we arrive at the figure 28.888888888889%. The number of total references to land and sea, 45, divided by the number of references to the sea in the Qur'an, 32, is 71.111111111111%. Extraordinarily, these figures represent the exact proportions of land and sea on the Earth today.

Land: 13/45*100%=28.888888888889%
Sea: 32/45*100=71.111111111111%.


Look what my God and your God said in the Holy Quran:

Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it. (Qur’an, 4:82)






Quote:
I also heard that the 19 terrorists chose September 11th because of those scriptures, but that's just a speculation, and nobody has been able to find any evidence that the September 11th attacks were "an inside job".
No brother that's not true.

But There are numerous evidences that 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.

75 professors of the world claims that 9/11 was an inside job.
here is the link you can read it your self.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

9-11 Was An Inside Job - A Call To True Patriots

Quote:
Many so-called "experts" also took scriptures from the Bible and came up with a matrix and a pattern of selecting certain words and letters, that were fed into a computer and the results supposedly mentioned many words that are associated with the September 11th events, which really doesn't tell us anything because depending on which translation of the Bible you read, the matrix results won't be the same.
Ok buddy I agree with you..

Quote:
I respect where you stand on terrorism,
I do not stand on terrorism because its against Islam.

Quote:
but the problem is, many average moderate Muslims like yourself cannot stand up and speak against the actions of their radical couterparts because of fear for their lives and the lives of their families.
I will speak anywhere to condemn their non Islamic activities.

Quote:
Many moderate Muslims have been murdered just because they spoke against the actions of the radical elements, and we see it in Iraq everyday. When several Iraqi elections were held, radical Muslim groups threatened to kill voters who simply want to practice the form of democracy and defy the idealogy of radical Muslims, and I find it sad that the polls have to be like a fort to keep out suicide bombers, or anybody with sinister plots.
So, you know now that Islam doesnt agree with such things.

Quote:
deut 18:18 is a describing a Jewish prophet not a non-Jewish prophet. So Mohammad does not fit. You quoted that part of my statement but you ignore Mohammad killing the Jews. Does Hashem command to kill his own people. I do not think so.
It doesn't say a Jewish Prophet will come after Moses (PBUH).

I asked you which prophet fulfills this prophecy?

and by the way I didn't ignore you question I asked where did Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) killed Jews?

Quote:
Does Hashem command to kill his own people. I do not think so
If he didn't, then why did the crusaders killed many people?

Why did the crusaders broken the 6th command " AND THOU SHOULD NOT KILL"?

Quote:
You are right Islam preaches one god but not the Jewish god. Allah is not Hashem.Their is not one reference to I am in the Quran. If it was the same god then why does Islam want to remove Judaism?
first I think there is reference in the Holy Quran that I am, but let me find it for you (If I am not wrong).


Quote:
Reason why most Christians and Jews are hated by Islam or have a negative view on Islam is because Christian/ Jews never accepted Islam and Mohammad decided to kill non-believers.
Why didn't the Jews accept Jesus (PBUH)?

Why ?

'He (Jesus) CAME UNTO HIS OWN, BUT HIS OWN RECEIVED HIM NOT.' (John 1:11). And even today, after two thousand years, his people- the Jews, as a whole, have rejected him.

Why did the Jews try to Kill him?

What did Jesus say about Fighting for God"

"MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD': IF MY KINGDOM WERE OF THIS WORLD, THEN WOULD MY SERVANTS FIGHT, THAT I SHOULD NOT BE DELIVERED TO THE JEWS; BUT NOW IS MY KINGDOM NOT FROM HENCE" (John 18:36)

According to Jesus (PBUH) If he was a prophet forever his deciples would have fought, but since he is not a prophet forever he will not.

But Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is forever that's why he fought with Jews and Christians.

Jesus (PBUH) said that the coming prophet shall Testify of me and also he shall Glorify me.

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is the only one who Testifies Jesus and Glorify Jesus (PBUH).

Quote:
I don't mean to sound argumentative, and I have every respect for your right to believe as you do, but I wonder why you would think that Islam works for all?
Because its a universal message forever one as Jesus said:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever." John 14:16

Who is the comforter after Jesus (PBUH)?

Now sister CelticLady1 Its your job to find out who the comforter is.

Christian missionaries say its the holy spirit. But Jesus (PBUH) "the Comforter will not come untill I leave, whenever I depart then the Comforter will come"

But The holy Spirit was present before and at the time of Jesus: check
Matthew 1:20 and Matthew 1:18

“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."John 8:32

Quote:
And, that the western people accept it? Indeed, some westerners do accept it, but many others accept Christianity, Judaism, Paganism, even Atheism.
They accept Islam because they find out the reality of it.There are many Christians priests who reverted to Islam. Please ask those Christians who reverted to Islam that why did they accept Islam.

The True Call - ISLAM - Converts to Islam



Quote:
My point is, that people accept the religion, (or lack thereof), that works for them. There are Muslims that have switched camps, so to speak, and became Christian, because that worked for them. There are Christians who have become Jewish, because it works for them.
The reason Muslims switched camp is lack of knowledge about Islam not experiencing things which makes them leave Islam.

It's not the matter of work its about the reality may this is a different case in other religions but not Islam.

Quote:
The older I get, the more I study and reflect, the more I believe that our Creator has an interest in us all, whatever religion we choose to follow, or even if we don't, in this wonderous universe of ours.
If religions doesnt matter for our creator then why are we created?

For what purpose?

You can not say that God Almighty created us for just playing around and making sins and corruption in the land.

Quote:
I am content to simply believe in my Creator. I have no desire to be involved in organized religion, (and I come from a Christian evangelical/fundamentalist background), or to ask others to do the same, be it Christian, Muslim, Judaism, etc. I have come to the point in my life, where I desire simplicity in my dealings with my Creator, not dogma or doctrines, rules and commands from upper authority in organized religion. Frankly, they know nothing more than I do. I can, and will, go to my Creator myself, without a middleman.
Sister this is a good step towards the straight path not to listen to anyone except yourself.

I fully agree with you. We need to find the straight path by our own selves not to listen to others.

There are many people if you ask them that why are you a Muslim he will answer you that because my parents are Christians, if you ask a Jew the same question he will give you the same answer ( Parents) and also there are few those muslims who do not have knowledge about Islam will somehow give you the same answer.

But I say I am a Muslim because Islam is the true path.

Islam means peace and SUBMISSION to the will of God Almighty.

Whoever submits his will To Almighty is a Muslim.

"I can of my own self do nothing - As I hear, I judge and my judgement is just, for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father. Anyone who says… ‘Not my will but God’s will’" John 5:30

Jesus (PBUH) was a Muslim.

Muslim means the person who submits his’ will to almighty God. Jesus Christ peace be upon him said…‘Not my will but God’s will.’ He was a Muslim - and he was Alhamdulillah, one of the mightiest messengers of God. We believe…We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention. We believe he gave life to the dead, with God’s permission. We believe that he healed those born blind, and lepers with God’s permission. We respect Jesus Christ peace be upon him, as one of the mightiest messenger of God. But he is not God, and he is not a part of the trinity - Trinity does not exist. Qur’an says…. (Arabic)… ‘Say He is Allah, one and only, exactly as the Bible says:


(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." [The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." [The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

The First 2 Commandment of the Bible:

1: You shall have no other Gods before me.

2: You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.


Now sister CelticLady1 Compare these true messages with the modern day christian's messages ( Trinity ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top