U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,113,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
The evil eye is real and if anything were to overtake the divine decree, it would be the evil eye.
When you are asked to take a bath (to provide a cure) from the influence of the evil eye, you should take a bath.
You know, I have always heard the term "evil eye", but I never knew what it is.

What do you think it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 12:21 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,651,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
You know, I have always heard the term "evil eye", but I never knew what it is.

What do you think it is?

the evil eye is the eye of some one that when he see something nice belong to his friend or neighbor or colleague ...etc then he wish from his heart and insist in wishing that something bad happen to that nice thing and then in a short time something bad happen to that nice thing in other word it is the envious when he envies.
in Islam when some one see or hear some thing nice it is recomended to say (Allah has pleased, there is no power save in Allah)

and to bless that thing

it is believed that the one with evil eye has a bad energy in his body and his eyes produce Invisible Ray hits the target and then that target get affected.
in some countries they say touch the wood in order for this bad energy goes to the wood.

1 Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the dawn,

2 From the evil of what He has created,

3 And from the evil of the utterly dark night when it comes,

4 And from the evil of those who blow on knots,

5 And from the evil of the envious when he envies The Noble Quran
narrated from Sahl ibn Haneef that

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out and traveled with him towards Makkah, until they were in the mountain pass of al-Kharaar in al-Jahfah.

There Sahl ibn Haneef did ghusl (washed his body) , and he was a handsome white-skinned man with beautiful skin.

Aamir ibn Rabee’ah, one of Banu ‘Adiyy ibn Ka’b looked at him whilst he was doing ghusl and said:

“I have never seen such beautiful skin as this, not even the skin of a virgin,”

and Sahl fell to the ground.

They went to Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and said,

“O Messenger of Allaah, can you do anything for Sahl, because by Allaah he cannot raise his head.”

He said, “Do you accuse anyone with regard to him?”

They said, “ ‘Aamir ibn Rabee’ah looked at him.”

So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called ‘Aamir and rebuked him strongly. He said,

“Why would one of you kill his brother? If you see something that you like, then pray for blessing for him.”

Then he said to him, “Wash yourself for him.”

So he washed his face, hands, forearms, knees and the sides of his feet, and inside his izaar (lower garment) in the vessel.

Then that water was poured over him, and a man poured it over his head and back from behind. He did that to him, then Sahl got up and joined the people and there was nothing wrong with him.

for more details click_me

Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
it is believed that the one with evil eye has a bad energy in his body and his eyes produce Invisible Ray hits the target and then that target get affected.
OK, I get it. That is one heck of an evil eye.

Is the 'evil eye' mentioned in the Quran or just in the Hadith?

Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
OK, I get it. That is one heck of an evil eye.

Is the 'evil eye' mentioned in the Quran or just in the Hadith?

Or do they envy the people for what Allah has given them of His grace?
But indeed We have given to Ibrahim's children the Book and the wisdom,
and We have given them a grand kingdom. The Noble Quran.

Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the dawn,

From the evil of what He has created,

And from the evil of the utterly dark night when it comes,

And from the evil of those who blow on knots,

And from the evil of the envious when he envies The Noble Quran

Many of the followers of the Book wish that they could turn you back into unbelievers after your faith,
out of envy from themselves, (even) after the truth has become manifest to them;
but pardon and forgive, so that Allah should bring about His command;
surely Allah has power over all things. The Noble Quran

Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 AM

And those who disbelieve would almost smite you with their eyes when they hear the reminder,
and they say: Most surely he is mad.The Noble Quran

Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM

OK, so where did that Invisible Ray stuff come from?

If it is not in the Quran or the Hadith, maybe it is some old curse passed down from ancient times.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 AM

may be from Satan .

and about this words "Invisible Ray" i think it is only some kind of understanding and analysis from clerics.

here is the explanation from a very famous and trusted Religious scholar

.......The evil eye is like an arrow which comes from the soul of the one who envies and .... .for more details click_me

Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 PM

The Hour will not be established until the sun rises from the west:
and when the people see it, then whoever will be living on the surface of the earth will have faith,
and that is (the time) when no good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, Stretches out His Hand during the night so that the people repent for the fault committed from dawn till dusk
and He stretches out His Hand daring the day so that the people may reprint for the fault committed from dusk to dawn.
(He would accept repentance) before the sun rises in the west.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 AM

Arabbi came to The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) and said:

"Oh, Muhammad ! We are told that Allah will put all the heavens on one Finger and the earths on one Finger
and the trees on one Finger
and the water and the dust on one Finger
and all the other created beings on one Finger.
Then He will say: "I am the King."

Thereupon, the Prophet laughed until his molar teeth were visible and this was confirmation of the rabbi's words.
Then he recited
"" No just estimate have they made of Allaah such as is due to Him: On the Day of Resurrection, the whole of the earth will be in His Grasp".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or