U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 09:13 AM

1,883 posts, read 1,652,997 times

Advertisements

Hind – the wife of Abu Sufyan – said to the The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)
“Abu Sufyan is a stingy man,
and he does not give me what is enough for me and my child unless I take something from him when he does not realize it.”
He said,
“Take whatever is sufficient for you and your child on a reasonable basis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:54 PM

1,601 posts, read 752,612 times
Muslim Book 009, Number 3506:
Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) came and sought permission to see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He found people sitting at his door and none amongst them had been granted permission, but it was granted to Abu Bakr and he went in. Then came 'Umar and he sought permission and it was granted to him, and he found Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) sitting sad and silent with his wives around him. He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: I would say something which would make the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) laugh, so he said: Messenger of Allah, I wish you had seen (the treatment meted out to) the daughter ofKhadija when you asked me some money, and I got up and slapped her on her neck. Allah's Messenger (mav peace be upon him) laughed and said: They are around me as you see, asking for extra money. Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) then got up went to 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) and slapped her on the neck, and 'Umar stood up before Hafsa and slapped her saying: You ask Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which he does not possess. They said: By Allah, we do not ask Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for anything he does not possess. Then he withdrew from them for a month or for twenty-nine days.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:05 PM

Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) came and sought permission to see Allah's Messenger The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)
He found people sitting at his door and none amongst them had been granted permission,

but it was granted to Abu Bakr and he went in.

Then came 'Umar and he sought permission and it was granted to him,

and he found Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) sitting sad and silent with his wives around him.

He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: I would say something which would make the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) laugh,

so he said:
Messenger of Allah, I wish you had seen (the treatment meted out to) the daughter of Khadija when you asked me some money, and I got up and slapped her on her neck.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) laughed and said:
They are around me as you see, asking for extra money.
Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) then got up went to 'Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) and slapped her on the neck,

and 'Umar stood up before Hafsa and slapped her saying:
You ask Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which he does not possess.
They said:
By Allah, we do not ask Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for anything he does not possess.
Then he withdrew from them for a month or for twenty-nine days.

Then this verse was revealed to him:
O Prophet! say to your wives: If you desire this world's life and its adornment, then come, I will give you a provision and allow you to depart a goodly departing

And if you desire Allah and His Apostle and the latter abode, then surely Allah has prepared for the doers of good among you a mighty reward.
He then went first to 'Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) and said:
I want to propound something to you, 'Aisha, but wish no hasty reply before you consult your parents.
She said:
Messenger of Allah, what is that?

He (the Holy Prophet) recited to her the verse,

whereupon she said:
Is it about you that I should consult my parents, Messenger of Allah? Nay, I choose Allah, His Messenger, and the Last Abode; but I ask you not to tell any of your wives what I have said
He replied:
Not one of them will ask me without my informing her.
Allah did not send me to be harsh, or cause harm, but He has sent me to teach and make things easy.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:06 PM

Bukhari vol. 7, #65:
"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Number 233:
Narrated 'Aisha: I used to wash the semen off the clothes of the Prophet and even then I used to notice one or more spots on them.

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Number 298:
Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to fondle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses).

Old 06-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Muslim Book 4, Number 2127: (This is a long hadith where Aisha describes how she covered her head, put on her veil, etc and follows Mohammad outside at night to a graveyard and hurries back before him ...)
“..He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you? ....

As for Ali he said “Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another. Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.” So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her and Ali got up and gave her a violent beating, saying, ‘Tell the Apostle the truth.’” Ishaq: p 496 “

***Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4458: ( Basically repeated in *Muslim hadiths Book 17, No. 4224: )
Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib: A slave-girl belonging to the house of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) committed fornication. He (the Prophet) said: Rush up, Ali, and inflict the prescribed punishment on her. I then hurried up, and saw that blood was flowing from her, and did not stop. So I came to him and he said: Have you finished inflicting (punishment on her)? I said: I went to her while her blood was flowing. He said: Leave her alone till her bleeding stops; then inflict the prescribed punishment on her. And inflict the prescribed punishment on those whom your right hands possess (i.e. slaves).

Old 07-01-2016, 01:17 AM

‘Aa’ishah the Mother of the Believers (may Allah be pleased with her), said:
When it was my night when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was with me, he came in and took off his cloak,
took off his shoes and put them by his feet,
spread the edge of his waist wrapper on his bed and lay down.

He waited until he thought that I had gone to sleep,
then he picked up his cloak slowly,
put on his shoes slowly,
opened the door slowly,
and went out, then he closed it slowly.

I put my chemise over my head and veiled myself,
and wrapped my waist wrapper around me,
then I set out following him, until he reached al-Baqee‘ (Cemetery)
where he stood for a long time, then he raised his hands three times. Then he set off,

so I set off, then he hastened, so I hastened, then he jogged, so I jogged, then he ran so I ran,

then I reached home before him and went in.

No sooner had I laid down but he came in and said:
“What is the matter, O ‘Aa’ishah? Why are you out of breath?”
I said:
It is nothing.
He said:
“Either you tell me or the Subtle One, the All-Aware will tell me.”
I said:
O Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you! And I told him.
He said:
“So you were the person that I saw in front of me?”
I said:
Yes.
He gave me a painful shove on the chest, then he said:
“Did you think that Allah and His Messenger would be unjust to you?” (meaning
did you think that i will be unjust with you by going to my other wives in your night)
She said:
Whatever the people conceal, Allah knows it; yes.
He said:
“Jibreel came to me when you saw. He called me but he concealed it from you, and I answered him but I concealed it from you. He would not enter upon you when you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep and I did not want to wake you up, and I was afraid that you might be frightened.
“Your Lord is commanding you to go to the people of al-Baqee’ and pray for forgiveness for them.”

I said:
What should I say to them, O Messenger of Allah?
He said:
“Say: Peace be upon the people of these abodes, believers and Muslims. May Allah have mercy on those of us who have gone on before and those who come later, and we will – if Allah wills – join you soon.”

Old 07-01-2016, 02:52 PM

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a: The Prophet said, "None of you should flog his wife as he flogs a slave and then have sexual intercourse with her in the last part of the day."
Sahih Bukhari 7:62:132

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a: The Prophet forbade laughing at a person who passes wind, and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?" And Hisham said, "As he beats his slave"
Sahih Bukhari 8:73:68, See Also Sahih Bukhari 8:73:68

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.
Abu Dawud 11:2142

It was narrated that Ash'ath bin Qais said: "I was a guest (at the home) of 'Umar one night, and in the middle of the night he went and hit his wife, and I separated them. When he went to bed he said to me: 'O Ash'ath, learn from me something that I heard from the Messenger of Allah" A man should not be asked why he beats his wife, and do not go to sleep until you have prayed the Witr."' And I forgot the third thing." (Hasan)
Ibn Majah 3:9:1986

As for Ali he said “Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another. Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.” So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her and Ali got up and gave her a violent beating, saying, ‘Tell the Apostle the truth.’”
Ibn Ishaq, p. 496

Old 07-24-2016, 06:06 PM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
All drinks that produce intoxication are Haram (forbidden to drink).

Old 07-28-2016, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 1,844 times
Salaam Alaikom,
i am a new member here. I live in the Netherlands and i am a moslim women. I look forward to read and learn more about my religion here in this forum.

Jazaka lahu ghayran

Old 07-30-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaimss View Post
Salaam Alaikom,
i am a new member here. I live in the Netherlands and i am a moslim women. I look forward to read and learn more about my religion here in this forum.

Jazaka lahu ghayran
Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmat Allah Wa barakatooh

Jazaki lahu ghayran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or