Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 09:41 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times

Advertisements

Al-Harith bin Hisham asked The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)
"O Allah's Messenger How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?"

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) replied,
"Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes off after I have grasped what is inspired.
Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says."'
Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired divinely on a very cold day and noticed the sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:06 AM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"Whoever you find committing the sin of the people of Lut (Lot), kill them, both
the one who does it and the one to whom it is done"
- i.e. if it is done with consent.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:10 PM

Al-Bayhaqi narrated that Abu Dharr said:
I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what will save a person from Hellfire?”
He said, “Belief in Allaah.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, are there are any deeds that should accompany that belief?”
He said, ‘He should give from that provision which Allaah has granted him.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if he is poor and does not have anything to give?”
He said, “He should enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if he cannot enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil?”
He said, “He should help the one who is helpless (i.e., has no skills and cannot earn a learning).”
I said, “What if he himself is helpless and cannot do anything?”
He said, “He should help one who has been wronged.”
I said, “What if he is weak and cannot help one who has been wronged?”
He said, “You do not want to think of your companion as having any good in him. Let him refrain from harming people.”
I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, if he does that, will he enter Paradise?”
He said, “There is no believer who does not strive to acquire one of these characteristics, but I will take him by the hand and lead him into Paradise.”

Old 03-24-2015, 06:47 AM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) appointed a man called Ibn Al-Lutabiyya to collect the Zakat from Bani Sulaim's tribe.

When he returned, the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) called him to account.
He said to the Prophet,
( 'This is your money, and this has been given to me as a gift."
On that, Allah's Messenger (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"Why didn't you stay in your father's and mother's house to see whether you will be given gifts or not if you are telling the truth?"
Then the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon himﷺ) addressed us, and after praising and glorifying Allah, he said:

"Amma Ba'du", I employ a man from among you to manage some affair of what Allah has put under my custody,
and then he comes to me and says, 'This is your money and this has been given to me as a gift.
Why didn't he stay in his father's and mother's home to see whether he will be given gifts or not?
By Allah, not anyone of you takes a thing unlawfully but he will meet Allah on the Day of Resurrection, carrying that thing.
I do not want to see any of you carrying a grunting camel or a mooing cow or a bleating sheep on meeting Allah."
Then the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon himﷺ) raised both his hands till the whiteness of his armpits became visible, and he said,
"O Allah! Haven't I have conveyed (Your Message)?"

Old 03-27-2015, 01:57 AM

Allah said,
The son of Adam slights Me, and he should not slight Me,
and he disbelieves in Me, and he ought not to do so.
As for his slighting Me, it is that he says that I have a son
and his disbelief in Me is his statement that I shall not recreate him as I have created (him) before.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM

Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Messenger (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) saying,
"The heart of an old man remains young in two respects,
i.e., his love for the world (its wealth, amusements and luxuries)
and his incessant hope."

Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 AM

“If you want to put on your shoes, put on the right shoe first;
and if you want to take them off, take the left one first.
Let the right shoe be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off.”

Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 PM

While a man was on the way, he found a thorny branch of a tree there on the way and removed it.
Allah thanked him for that deed and forgave him."

Old 05-05-2015, 06:43 PM

Whoever has oppressed another person concerning his reputation or anything else,
he should beg him to forgive him before the Day of Resurrection when there will be no money (to compensate for wrong deeds),
but if he has good deeds, those good deeds will be taken from him according to his oppression which he has done,
and if he has no good deeds, the sins of the oppressed person will be loaded on him."

Old 05-08-2015, 02:26 PM

Narrated `Umar bin Al-Khattab:
I heard Hisham bin Hakim bin Hizam reciting Surat-al-Furqan in a way different to that of mine The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) had taught it to me (in a different way).
So, I was about to quarrel with him (during the prayer)
but I waited till he finished, then I tied his garment round his neck and seized him by it and brought him to The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) ) and said,
"I have heard him reciting Surat-al-Furqan in a way different to the way you taught it to me."
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) ordered me to release him and asked Hisham to recite it.
When he recited it, Allah s Apostle said,
"It was revealed in this way."
He then asked me to recite it. When I recited it, he said,
"It was revealed in this way. The Qur'an has been revealed in seven different ways, so recite it in the way that is easier for you."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam