Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 11:53 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Thank you for the clarification brother. And I completely respect your right to your own interpretation. So I hope my post didn't seem as if I posted it just to disagree with you or come off disrespectful.

I just wanted any fellow brothers/sisters who read this to have more sources to look at so they can learn about the subject themselves if they so choose.
You are welcome and thank you for posting the sources. We all should examine all available sources of all things.

Islam is about making informed choices and not being blind followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 01:33 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
selection from the saying of the final Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
Whoever says
Subhan Allah wa bihamdih one hundred times a day,
will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.

So, just to understand this....if someone was to do something VERY BAD to your mother or sister, and said the above 100 times, do you think it's right/fair for his "sin" to be forgiven?

Old 03-06-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
So, just to understand this....if someone was to do something VERY BAD to your mother or sister, and said the above 100 times, do you think it's right/fair for his "sin" to be forgiven?
Read closely

Quote:
Whoever says
Subhan Allah wa bihamdih one hundred times a day,
will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
It is 100 times a day everyday for the remainder of your life.

It also needs to be said with full sincerity and a contrite heart asking for forgiveness,

Old 03-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Read closely

It also needs to be said with full sincerity and a contrite heart asking for forgiveness,
Oh my mistake. Let me rephrase then...
Hypothetically, a man rapes, then tortures, then beheads your mother and sister. Then they sincerely say the phrase 100 times a day while asking for forgiveness. do you think it's right/fair for his "sin" to be forgiven?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Oh my mistake. Let me rephrase then...
Hypothetically, a man rapes, then tortures, then beheads your mother and sister. Then they sincerely say the phrase 100 times a day while asking for forgiveness. do you think it's right/fair for his "sin" to be forgiven?
What Allaah(swt) forgives is not my decision There is no reason for me to be concerned about it. The person I have to be concerned about forgiveness for, is me.

Part of repentance is to make full restitution to the offended/hurt individual. A bare minimum of asking the offended to forgive you if restitution can not be made.

A person who sincerely praises Allaah(swt) 100 times a day is not likely to be a person who is not going to be sorry for his sins.

But we do believe that even if our sins are forgiven we will still be punished for our sins before entering heaven. No free ride. One way or another we will receive a fair level of punishment. It might be during our life, while we are in the grave or being sent to Hell temporarily.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
What Allaah(swt) forgives is not my decision There is no reason for me to be concerned about it. The person I have to be concerned about forgiveness for, is me.

Part of repentance is to make full restitution to the offended/hurt individual. A bare minimum of asking the offended to forgive you if restitution can not be made.

A person who sincerely praises Allaah(swt) 100 times a day is not likely to be a person who is not going to be sorry for his sins.

But we do believe that even if our sins are forgiven we will still be punished for our sins before entering heaven. No free ride. One way or another we will receive a fair level of punishment. It might be during our life, while we are in the grave or being sent to Hell temporarily.
Wow! you seem to know SO much about what happens to us after we die! And you're so certain! It's amazing, considering you've never died before! We're so glad and lucky to have you with us to keep us informed.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Wow! you seem to know SO much about what happens to us after we die! And you're so certain! It's amazing, considering you've never died before! We're so glad and lucky to have you with us to keep us informed.
What is even more amazing is I have never laid an egg, but I know more about omelets than any chicken does.

The Qur'an, Sunnah and Ahadith give us a bit of a glimpse at what Allaah(swt) has revealed about what is to be expected after death.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:

Islam is integrated religion , and it is not only one verse from the holy Quran
or one Hadith from the final Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him).

the sins that would be forgiving are only the sins that are between the believer and his creator .

the rights of the others that were attacked must return to them ,
if they could not take it in this life they will take it
in the final life.

the someone that is in your example is not applied for the Hadith , even if he did something small bad, even if he took a penny or less by force

Sura #99
7 So. he who has done an atom's weight of good shall see it
8 And he who has done an atom's weight of evil shall see it.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
What is even more amazing is I have never laid an egg, but I know more about omelets than any chicken does.
I have no doubt you know more about omelets than any chicken does! (and you should be proud of that! truly! It's definitely an achievement for you (presumably a human...) to know more about a human created food, than an animal does!
...yet, imagine if you 'had' laid an egg before!!...imagine how much 'more' you would know about omelets then!! but bravo nonetheless as i mentioned earlier!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:43 AM

2,775 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:
it does not have to be every day

may be the English translation made that assumption

but in the Arabic it means in any day

and there are many hadiths for getting forgiveness and it is not required to be mentioned every day
but it is strongly recommended.

such as

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
“Whoever says
Astaghfir Allaah al-‘Azeem alladhi laa ilaaha illa huwa al-hayyu al-qayyoom wa atoobu ilayhi
(I ask forgiveness of Allaah the Almighty, besides Whom there is no god, the Ever-Living, the Eternal, and I repent to Him),
will be forgiven even if his sin is fleeing from the battlefield [a major sin].”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam