Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:57 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

In the wake of the embassy/consulate attacks in Muslim countries in the middle east, it is necessary to take a look at what TRUE Islam means.

Listen to this radio interview which took place on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, with Nadim on the Larry Elder Show on KABC Radio in Los Angeles.

As time passes it will be necessary for you to find the interview among the interviews on this webpage.

Search: 2012 - September

Interview with Nadim - September 12, 2012
Larry talks an "Extreme Ex-Muslim," Nadim

Link to Audio Interview - Nadim, Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 08:00 AM

584 posts, read 597,248 times
I am never happy when I see references to 'TRUE' Islam (or, for that matter 'TRUE' Christianity, 'TRUE' Judaism, 'TRUE' ...), and capitalizing the term does little to instill confidence.

That said, would you mind outlining what qualities or characteristics of Islam you wish to bring to our attention? Thanks.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker Soule View Post
would you mind outlining what qualities or characteristics of Islam you wish to bring to our attention? Thanks.
You didn't read the post but got caught up over the word "true".

That is detailed in the audio link.

Listen to the audio link and then discuss it.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM

584 posts, read 597,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

That is detailed in the audio link. Listen to the audio link and then discuss it.
No. I can cull talk radio for all manner of material ranging from informative interviews to the most disgusting xenophobic garbage. Outline what qualities or characteristics you claim to be indicative of "TRUE" Islam and defend that claim, or don't. It's entirely up to you.

Oh, and by the way: give my regards to LA; I was raised in the San Fernando Valley ...

Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

That is detailed in the audio link.

Listen to the audio link and then discuss it.
I hear a description of Wahhabi'ism. very few Muslims, outside Pakistan and the Mideast follow the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab. The majority of the world's Muslims follow one of the 4 Madhabs of Sunni and Wahhabbi is not one of them

Old 09-14-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I hear a description of Wahhabi'ism. very few Muslims, outside Pakistan and the Mideast follow the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab. The majority of the world's Muslims follow one of the 4 Madhabs of Sunni and Wahhabbi is not one of them
I should have added it sounds like Nadim was Wahhabbi/Salafi. Although I wish she had found one of the legitimate Madhabs I am glad she broke free of the wahabbi/salafi that is growing in popularity. Perhaps one day she will find one of the valid madhabs and return to Islam.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:20 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
You're insulting us! You can show us their "words", but I am judging Islam by their actions. This is the "true face of Islam", a religion of violence. Insult Jews and Christians and you don't see riots, destruction of buildings, and murder. Insult Islam, it always results in threats of murder, attempted murder, or murder. Islam, we're in the year 2012, not the year 700. Join us in modern society.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You're insulting us! You can show us their "words", but I am judging Islam by their actions. This is the "true face of Islam", a religion of violence. Insult Jews and Christians and you don't see riots, destruction of buildings, and murder. Insult Islam, it always results in threats of murder, attempted murder, or murder. Islam, we're in the year 2012, not the year 700. Join us in modern society.
Please do not let the actions of some people influence your view of all Muslims. We have our share of those who fail to follow what they are taught. But overall most Muslims are very peaceful.

I used to think the same as you and at one time was an avid enemy of Muslims. I spent nearly 20 years of my life fighting Islam until I finally learned what Islam really is.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:50 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Please do not let the actions of some people influence your view of all Muslims. We have our share of those who fail to follow what they are taught. But overall most Muslims are very peaceful.

I used to think the same as you and at one time was an avid enemy of Muslims. I spent nearly 20 years of my life fighting Islam until I finally learned what Islam really is.
You mean I should ignore the "actions" of Muslims from England to the Pacific and all places in between and just go by their word? No thank you! I don't want to end up like our ambassador to Libya or Daniel Pearl.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You mean I should ignore the "actions" of Muslims from England to the Pacific and all places in between and just go by their word? No thank you! I don't want to end up like our ambassador to Libya or Daniel Pearl.
No you should not ignore the actions of the evil doers. But do try to understand we are all individuals and like all individuals no stereotypical view applies to all of us. No person or even group represents all Muslims. For myself I am an extreme pacifist and will not raise my hand against another human, not even in self defense. Although during my Christian era I was active Military and served in combat in the Viet Nam era. But after accepting Islam, I vowed to never again harm another human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam