U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:23 PM

762 posts, read 990,332 times

Advertisements

Corinthians 1
40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

I think we will have spiritual bodies. We will exist in a state of bliss that in this worls we cannot comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,658,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
. If I am lucky enough to get to heaven then being in the presence of God surely is enough. To achieve spiritual peace and enlightenment is far greater than earthly pleasures.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,

When those deserving of paradise would enter paradise,
the Blessed and the Exalted would ask:
Do you wish Me to give you anything more?
They would say: Hast Thou not brightened our faces? Hast Thou not made us enter paradise and saved us from Fire?
He (the narrator) said: He (God) would lift the veil, and of things given to them nothing would he dearer to them
than the sight of their Lord, the Mighty and the Glorious.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:47 PM

I will rephrase that...if I am deemed worthy enough by Gods grace to enter heaven.

But I still see no need of earthly pleasures such as virgins for unlimited sex or rivers of wine etc etc...

But hey we will just have to wait and see..

Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 PM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,

Allaah says:
I have prepared for My righteous slaves that which no eye has seen,
no ear has heard and it has never crossed the mind of man.
All of that is reserved, besides which all that you have known is as nothing.

Then he recited:
No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do

Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 AM

It seems to be the way of things...but really just quoting the Quran at someone who questions it's authenticity is not going to get anywhere.

Your view of heaven V my view of heaven neither of us know for sure what is ahead. However I believe my view is a nicer one.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
but really just quoting the Quran at someone who questions it's authenticity is not going to get anywhere.

in this place the The Romans was defeated by the Persians in about 1400 years ago.
and this place is the Lowest Place On Earth.

and the Quran mentioned that it is the Lowest Place On Earth in the following verse.
Alif, Lam, Mim.
The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land, The Noble Quran.

How did the Quran know such thing?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:19 AM

I would like to see the verse from yourself ..but what I found..in a land close by (fee adna al-ardi) which is ambiguous to some extent. or is it..(adna al-ardi) lowest land on earth.

Either option..the Romans were defeated in Jerusalem which is 2500 ft above sea level, so hardly the lowest land. But then I guess you can interpret it in other ways. Like what defeat? what battle? when..its all conjecture.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM

554 posts, read 619,610 times
A thought has struck me. I'm aware that most Western Muslims accept the body of psychological opinion that some people are inherently homosexual, whether through birth, circumstance or both. However I'm given to understand that they therefore view Allah's prohibition of acting on these desires to be a test of the person with the homosexual orientation.

This beggars the question, can a homosexual person who meets all the requirements to enter Jannah/Heaven land himself 72 handsome male bodybuilders to do with as he pleases in the afterlife?

Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,320,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post
A thought has struck me. I'm aware that most Western Muslims accept the body of psychological opinion that some people are inherently homosexual, whether through birth, circumstance or both. However I'm given to understand that they therefore view Allah's prohibition of acting on these desires to be a test of the person with the homosexual orientation.

This beggars the question, can a homosexual person who meets all the requirements to enter Jannah/Heaven land himself 72 handsome male bodybuilders to do with as he pleases in the afterlife?
Quite an interesting question. I do not have the answer.

there is no reason to think a person with homosexual feelings can not be granted Jannah.

there is no reason such a person will not be granted what ever he/she desires.

the only thing I can say is that no one in Heaven will have any desire to sin. So this seems to indicate that either what a person desired in this physical life will either be permitted or there will no longer be a desire for it.

Not really anything to be concerned about. all we know is that all people in Jannah will be eternally happy. we can not describe heaven, we only need know it is greater than any pleasure we have experienced in the physical world.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:37 PM

554 posts, read 619,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Quite an interesting question. I do not have the answer.

there is no reason to think a person with homosexual feelings can not be granted Jannah.

there is no reason such a person will not be granted what ever he/she desires.

the only thing I can say is that no one in Heaven will have any desire to sin. So this seems to indicate that either what a person desired in this physical life will either be permitted or there will no longer be a desire for it.

Not really anything to be concerned about. all we know is that all people in Jannah will be eternally happy. we can not describe heaven, we only need know it is greater than any pleasure we have experienced in the physical world.
Thank you for the comprehensive answer!

Eoin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam