U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,325,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
So I guess since evolutionists have basically spoken by not saying anything so far. Creation by Islam is probably going to be wlecome with open arms. Because once they are allowed to worship in the schools, their creation science will follow. But who cares? Evolutionists are only after the Christians.
Persecution complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,204,530 times
Quote:
So I guess since evolutionists have basically spoken by not saying anything so far. Creation by Islam is probably going to be wlecome with open arms. Because once they are allowed to worship in the schools, their creation science will follow. But who cares? Evolutionists are only after the Christians.

Since nobody has posted in 7 minutes then your claim is correct! Brilliant!

What is so ironic is you are complaining about another religion having prayer in school.. too funny.

My opinion.. I don't want any prayer in school. None.. nada..zip.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:50 PM

679 posts, read 1,346,735 times
Let me get this straight Ike, muslims have been just waiting for christians to get their creationism into schools before they tried to get theirs in, right?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:20 PM

7,099 posts, read 24,487,231 times
Belief in an evolutionary process to be part of God's plan, can in no way whatsoever be considered an attack on any Christian Belief.

Many many christians think that the earth is millions of years old. They are still good Christians. Being a good Christian does not mean that anyone must accept the Young Earth Creationism as a belief.

Maybe we need to define what "chistian" means again. I thought it had something to do with accepting Jesus as the Son of God, and trying to live for others.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:48 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,272,211 times
This kind of reminds me of the Mel Gibson movie "Conspiracy Theory". I don't know ikester, if you're the type of person that things there's this major conspiracy going on to invalidate Christianity than so be it, but I find it almost childish and immature. You're trying to draw parallels in things because it somehow makes your argument seem more valid?

Let me explain how your logic appears to me:

The Jews and Muslims are working together to defeat Christianity. What you aren't realizing is that even though they are consistently fighting one another they have been trying to draw Christians into the battle by their constant bickering. They both understand that Christians would side with the Jews and if Christians would go to the region in defense of the Jews, perhaps they could both wipe us out, but make it appear as if it's just Muslims doing it. I mean it makes sense right?

Do you see how flawed that logic is? These are the same parallels I see you drawing on a consistent basis. If you are really that much of a skeptical conspiracy theorist than I find it amusing that you are not skeptical of your own beliefs. But, hey man, whatever floats your boat.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:39 AM

179 posts, read 313,645 times
So is Allah creation ok? Can I quote one of you athiest on this? Since you won't address the OP.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 AM

7,099 posts, read 24,487,231 times
Sure, quote away if you would feel better about it. It makes as much sense as some of the Young Earth theories.

Just answer one question that keeps being asked. How and when does the beginnings of the earth have a thing to do with how you live TODAY?

Let's make that two questions. Does the age of the rocks in the Grand Canyon have anthing to do with your salvation and your chance for eternal bliss?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 AM

2,955 posts, read 6,743,210 times
Quote:
So is Allah creation ok? Can I quote one of you athiest on this? Since you won't address the OP.
Quote this: No deity created Earth.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,277,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
Cigarettes haven't been proven to cause cancer either, jessaka. Wanna smoke?
Many people do. Does that move the validity point in either direction?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 AM

897 posts, read 2,252,275 times
With regards of defining an age on the earth No one knows how old the earth age. Everyone has a theory and a theory is not 100% accurate. I love when people say we are in a global warming but we only have had about 120 years of recorded history of weather patterns to look at. So how can you assume that if the earth is 1 billion to 5 billion years old when you cannot accurately date artifacts in ancient Egypt time or any other period in history? If man has been on this earth for 100k years why can we not find any type of written documents to that period? Oh because they were destroyed or they did not have the ability to write. I find that interesting because if we look back to the last 5k years you see societies that were able to develop technology that we would think that were advance for that time. My opinion is that we will never know and we will keep guess what the answer is but I also think that over time we will get better at guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or