U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:15 AM

7,099 posts, read 24,514,142 times

Advertisements

We don't have written documents because the stuff that they were written on decays. Parchment, leather, papyrus, linen paper, all that sort of organic material decays eventually. It can't last for 100k years.

The figures carved in stone have even become less obvious over the ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 01:42 AM

179 posts, read 313,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Sure, quote away if you would feel better about it. It makes as much sense as some of the Young Earth theories.

Just answer one question that keeps being asked. How and when does the beginnings of the earth have a thing to do with how you live TODAY?

Let's make that two questions. Does the age of the rocks in the Grand Canyon have anthing to do with your salvation and your chance for eternal bliss?
Calling God a liar does.

gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Quote this: No deity created Earth.
Then also tell the Muslims this as well.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,282,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
Then also tell the Muslims this as well.
I can speak for myself, but probably for many other atheists on this board that when I refer to 'god' I refer to all gods unless the conversation is about the Christian god. Or at least, I strive to. Typically we muse about the Christian god more than anything because the majority of believers on this board are followers of the Christian god. Let's not also forget that most of us atheists are probably more familiar with the Christian god than any other. This still does not change the fact that the burden of proof is on the person who believes an invisible man in the sky exists. This is inclusive of all religions.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I can speak for myself, but probably for many other atheists on this board that when I refer to 'god' I refer to all gods unless the conversation is about the Christian god. Or at least, I strive to. Typically we muse about the Christian god more than anything because the majority of believers on this board are followers of the Christian god. Let's not also forget that most of us atheists are probably more familiar with the Christian god than any other. This still does not change the fact that the burden of proof is on the person who believes an invisible man in the sky exists. This is inclusive of all religions.
Well then, start threads against Allah and state your case. Otherwise this thread has pretty much hit the nail on the head.

If you want to read more about Allah and how he is stated to have created. Just type Allah creation into any search engine.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Well then, start threads against Allah and state your case. Otherwise this thread has pretty much hit the nail on the head.

If you want to read more about Allah and how he is stated to have created. Just type Allah creation into any search engine.
If you're trying to goad me into doing something for your own perceived benefit than I find that pretty awful. Apparently you didn't understand the part where I said that my opinion on god is not just that of the Christian god but ALL gods. Keep in mind, atheism is not just a denial of the Christian god but all gods. I don't know how I can put this any clearer. If I use the word 'god' in a sentence I am referring to ALL of them. Not JUST yours. So do me a favor next time you read a post in which I reference God. Replace the words God with Allah, Yahweh, Zeus, Thor, Baal, Cupid, Athena, Mars, Shiva, Ra, and any other god that comes to mind. Would that make it easier for you?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
If you're trying to goad me into doing something for your own perceived benefit than I find that pretty awful. Apparently you didn't understand the part where I said that my opinion on god is not just that of the Christian god but ALL gods. Keep in mind, atheism is not just a denial of the Christian god but all gods. I don't know how I can put this any clearer. If I use the word 'god' in a sentence I am referring to ALL of them. Not JUST yours. So do me a favor next time you read a post in which I reference God. Replace the words God with Allah, Yahweh, Zeus, Thor, Baal, Cupid, Athena, Mars, Shiva, Ra, and any other god that comes to mind. Would that make it easier for you?
I'm interested in how you, and other athiest will handle a Islamic person. And how a Islamic person will react. Will you treat them with more respect? Will you treat them the same? And why?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Quote:
I'm interested in how you, and other athiest will handle a Islamic person. And how a Islamic person will react. Will you treat them with more respect? Will you treat them the same? And why?
I hope you're not implying that I cannot disagree with one's beliefs without being respectful of them. I'd handle an Islamic person the same way I would a Christian: With the exact same arguments. And again, I don't even have to talk about evolution to argue the existence of a God. But, as has happened in every debate on religion it is always the religious person who asks "So if God didn't do it than how did it happen." It's never the atheist who asks "So if evolution didn't do it than how did God do it?"

Old 10-09-2007, 05:25 AM

I'll start a thread since no one else will.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM

7,099 posts, read 24,514,142 times
Quote:
Calling God a liar does.

gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Again, you have evaded the question. How does this effect how you live TODAY or how you treat your fellow man?

How does it effect your own personal salvation? Does an Old Earth or New Earth have anything at all to do with Jesus and his sacrifice for us?

And no one has called God a liar. But many of us think that the story of Genesis is not the entire story of how things got started. We don't believe that the bible is 100% true. That's not calling God a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or