U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 AM

2,955 posts, read 6,745,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
Then also tell the Muslims this as well.
Note to Muslims: No deity created the Earth.
Pass it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM

7,813 posts, read 10,706,019 times
Quote:
So I guess since evolutionists have basically spoken by not saying anything so far. Creation by Islam is probably going to be wlecome with open arms. Because once they are allowed to worship in the schools, their creation science will follow. But who cares? Evolutionists are only after the Christians.
I have forever and always wondered why "religion" and "science" would seem to be such polar opposites; unable to seemingly co-exist. Does it need be mutually exclusive?

I don't feel that evolutionists are "after" Christians; I think that scientist's minds operate in very specific ways as regards both their thought processes ans well as orientation. I don't think that that necessarily implies an invalidation of anyone's religious or spiritual beliefs.

At least it doesn't have to...

Interpretation of what we know and how we know it would seem to be key in our overall daily lives. To be able to peacefully co-exist is the challenge...

Take gentle care.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:38 AM

7,099 posts, read 24,502,697 times
June, I think they are opposites only in the minds of some Christians. Many great scientists and their students are Christians. It's only those that subscribe to the literal interpretation of the Genesis account of creation that feel that evolutionists are "out to get Christians."

I simply do not understand why Genesis becomes important enough to create discension, when the message of Jesus is so much more important. It seems to me that the same amount of time could be better spent spreading the gospel of the New Testament. IMHO

Old 03-17-2008, 05:05 AM

44 posts, read 69,276 times
Quote:
Then also tell the Muslims this as well.
Seems to me your issue is with Muslims (not Islamics by the way) not with evolution. So my question is, why start a post about evolution, when your only beef with it is that Muslims are not confronted about it as much?. Another poster gave you the answer to that, yet you continue dancing around the topic. If it makes you feel better, start a new thread with EVOLUTION and ISLAM, Allah's side of the story

Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,890,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
June, I think they are opposites only in the minds of some Christians. Many great scientists and their students are Christians. It's only those that subscribe to the literal interpretation of the Genesis account of creation that feel that evolutionists are "out to get Christians."

I simply do not understand why Genesis becomes important enough to create discension, when the message of Jesus is so much more important. It seems to me that the same amount of time could be better spent spreading the gospel of the New Testament. IMHO
If you can't believe the Genesis account why on earth would you believe in Jesus. Either the Bible is a Book of truth or it isa Book of lies. You can't have it both ways.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:03 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,806,774 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
If you can't believe the Genesis account why on earth would you believe in Jesus. Either the Bible is a Book of truth or it isa Book of lies. You can't have it both ways.
The Bible is a work of art and art paints the truth with different colours of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or