U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:31 AM

762 posts, read 987,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I don't know if it is possible to explain, to a non-Muslim, the relationship a Muslim feels with Allaah(swt) . We do not see Him as a Father, it is beyond that. We "feel" his presence in all of creation. we know he is closer to us than we are to our own selves. We feel closer to him than we do to our own wife or husband. Those of who had been Christians in the past would not be able to accept Islam if we did not feel closer to Allaah(swt) than we had as a Christian. Nearly every convert to Islam will say that it was the closeness to Allaah(swt) they had as a Christian led them to Islam.
Woodrow, the term Father indicates a family relationship, which we seek with God...to be part of Gods family and share that bond of love. BUT apart from that we also know..and I'm sorry it was not clear in my post...that Gods power and glory transcends anything we can possibly know. Unless the Holy Spirit guides you then you cannot know. So when you say you feel Gods presence in all creation...that's exactly what I feel too...so that's all good then.

Each of us has their own personal relationship with God, you are lucky you have found that spiritual closeness within Islam ..but I do know many muslims who have not found that, and are still seeking very often in secret which is a cause for sadness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 05:00 AM

Sorry...I have just quoted and replied to the truths post and it seems to have become a blog...confused.com ..that is me. I must have pressed the wrong icon when trying to multi quote..

Help .. How can I correct this? And just post it back as a reply..answers please on a post...

Sorry for being a pain..

Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by truth_teller
this statement can be only true or false
Jesus is (son of God only) or (God and Son of God) or (God only)

you believe it is true and i believe it false
one of us is correct.

because i believe in Jesus as a messenger from Allah then all his teaching is a noble teaching and if there is any thing in the Gospel not noble then it is not part of Jesus teaching but it is man made.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one..as the evidence is clear that Jesus was always more than just a prophet.

Mohammed cannot be a greater prophet than Jesus as he claims to be, because there is no evidence to support this....outside of the Quran and his own words in hadiths..

here are some how we see Allah

53 Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgiveth all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

54 Turn unto your Lord repentant, and surrender unto Him, before there come unto you the doom, when ye cannot be helped.

90 "And ask forgiveness of your Lord and turn unto Him in repentance. Verily, my Lord is Most Merciful, Most Loving."

186 And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way

68 O My servants! there is no fear for you this day, nor shall you grieve.

69 Those who believed in Our communications and were submissive:

70 Enter the garden, you and your wives; you shall be made happy.

Hmm yes... but the sort of relationship you have with Allah, is like master / slave. Submissive and obedient. Where you hope Allah will be merciful and may show you love.

A point in your previous post..about if the message of Allah, had to be from Allah as why would he warn you to stay away from drink and illegal sex. (Not sure what you mean by illegal sex) there again I have to say ..why would he? God gave us our free will, we all know instinctively what is good for us and what is not..e:g alcohol, drugs, smoking = bad. It's also clear from the Bible what is acceptable morally when dealing with others. So why then does God make rules for how you live your life. Making it a sin and wrong if you break them, but as we know all mankind is weak and prone to sin, God knows this as he created us so. On that basis why would God set you up for failure?

We strive to lead a good life by the examples Christ taught us, sometimes we get it wrong. But if we try our best because we know its expected of us, and we wish to please Almighty God by doing so, then even when we may fail, God will always be there for us and his Holy Spirit will guide us.

Who is the father of Adam ?
Who is the father of Eve ?

Adam had no father and no mother , Who is more miracle ?
Jesus...obviously for all evidence points to that.

Jesus in Islam is also called the soul of Allah or the spirit of Allah but that does not make him the son of Allah
he was created by the soul or spirit of Allah.

also he is called the word of Allah. ( Be! and it is.)

91 And she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)]: We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Ruh - Jibril (Gabriel)], and We made her and her son ['Īsa (Jesus)] a sign for Al-'Alamin (the mankind and jinn).

12 And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

59 Verily, the likeness of 'Īsa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
You mistake the Angel Gabriel for the Holy Spirit. It's not possible for Jesus to be made by an Angel, they are only messengers of God, they do not have the power of creation, that power is for God alone. God breathed his Holy Spirit into Mary, and so Jesus was born..but as flesh and blood person. Which was Gods will and design....on that basis you shouldn't question God.

I'm sure Mohammed did not deliberately set out to deceive with this basic misunderstanding..but it is an error.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 AM

Ooo...what a palava...ok above reply to The Truths post...hope it makes sense..

Old 10-27-2012, 09:45 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Woodrow, the term Father indicates a family relationship, which we seek with God...to be part of Gods family and share that bond of love. BUT apart from that we also know..and I'm sorry it was not clear in my post...that Gods power and glory transcends anything we can possibly know. Unless the Holy Spirit guides you then you cannot know. So when you say you feel Gods presence in all creation...that's exactly what I feel too...so that's all good then.

Each of us has their own personal relationship with God, you are lucky you have found that spiritual closeness within Islam ..but I do know many muslims who have not found that, and are still seeking very often in secret which is a cause for sadness.
There are Muslim's that have very little knowledge of Islam. Just as in all religions there are those who have very little knowledge of their own religion. Some people never see beyond the basic ritual aspects of their Religion. In Islam there are very few rituals some people are only familiar with the obligatory prayers.

As a person's personal relationship with Allaah(swt) is a personal one, I suppose it is normal some people will feel their relationship is closer than that any other person has. but the reality is, our relationship is what we each make it to be. Just as some people never have a relationship with their own parents there will be those who never have one with Allaah(swt). Although Allaah(swt) is close to all of us, there are people who fail to reach out to Him. Relationships are 2 way and we ourselves have the responsibility to do our part.

a bit of trivia, during my working life I once worked on a project that involved building an oil refinery in Odessa, Russia. My counterpart in Russia was a Jew. We worked fairly close. He defected from Russia and came to the USA. the company I worked for hired him. One day I went to lunch with him, he ordered a BLT, I was shocked and mentioned that bacon was pork. His comment was "so what is the problem" I told him Jews were not supposed to eat pork. He had never heard that and was not aware that pork was forbidden for Jews. My point- no matter what religion, there are people who do not know their own religion.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,651,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
...It's not possible for Jesus to be made by an Angel, they are only messengers of God, they do not have the power of creation, that power is for God alone. God breathed his Holy Spirit into Mary, and so Jesus was born..but as flesh and blood person. Which was Gods will and design....on that basis you shouldn't question God. .

63 Then We revealed to Musa (Moses) (saying): "Strike the sea with your stick." And it parted, and each separate part (of that sea water) became like huge mountain.

in the above verse Moses hit the by his stick and it parted and they passed throught it.

was the see parted by the power of Moses or by the power of the God?

same thing if the angel breath into Mary to create Jesus that would be by the power of the God and not the power of the angel.

how can Jesus be more miracle than Adam and Jesus had a mother and Adam did not have a mother?

if you would like to make multi quote then this is how
copy and paste the the next line and replace the word abc with the word quote

[abc] write your text between them [/abc]

Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 PM

[quote] a bit of trivia, during my working life I once worked on a project that involved building an oil refinery in Odessa, Russia. My counterpart in Russia was a Jew. We worked fairly close. He defected from Russia and came to the USA. the company I worked for hired him. One day I went to lunch with him, he ordered a BLT, I was shocked and mentioned that bacon was pork. His comment was "so what is the problem" I told him Jews were not supposed to eat pork. He had never heard that and was not aware that pork was forbidden for Jews. My point- no matter what religion, there are people who do not know their own religion.[quote]

Always sad when people aren't able to know or practice their religion. ....practicing the quote thingy..

Old 10-27-2012, 01:44 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
[quote]a bit of trivia, during my working life I once worked on a project that involved building an oil refinery in Odessa, Russia. My counterpart in Russia was a Jew. We worked fairly close. He defected from Russia and came to the USA. the company I worked for hired him. One day I went to lunch with him, he ordered a BLT, I was shocked and mentioned that bacon was pork. His comment was "so what is the problem" I told him Jews were not supposed to eat pork. He had never heard that and was not aware that pork was forbidden for Jews. My point- no matter what religion, there are people who do not know their own religion.Always sad when people are not free to practice and know their religion. ...just seeing if I get this quote stuff right.[quote]

Almost but left of the slash / on the last box. It should have been [/ABC] not [ABC] ABC=QUOTE

Old 10-27-2012, 01:46 PM

[quote]was the see parted by the power of Moses or by the power of the God?[quote]

By the power of God acting through Moses..

Old 10-27-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Almost left of the slash / on the last box. It should have been [/ABC] not [ABC] ABC=QUOTE
I'm giving up if this doesn't work....

YYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Last edited by Nefol; 10-27-2012 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Added the little self congratulation re: quote thingy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam