U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 AM
 
Location: Florida
179 posts, read 313,774 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

I start this thread to see who agrees with Allah type creation, and who disagrees. And why? So anti-creationists, here is your chance to weigh in on another type of creation. Which is basically the same as YEC. Except different god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
6,715 posts, read 12,277,972 times
Reputation: 4279
How old are you ikester? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,207,901 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
I start this thread to see who agrees with Allah type creation, and who disagrees. And why? So anti-creationists, here is your chance to weigh in on another type of creation. Which is basically the same as YEC. Except different god.
Allah Creationism or Christian Creationism or Pubah Creationism or TuTu Creationism or Flabba Flabba Tee Tee Creationism are all bunk in my mind if they believe the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old.

Why? Scientific dating or rocks etc has proved to me otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Florida
179 posts, read 313,774 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
How old are you ikester? Just curious.
Let's just say I'm past 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Florida
179 posts, read 313,774 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Allah Creationism or Christian Creationism or Pubah Creationism or TuTu Creationism or Flabba Flabba Tee Tee Creationism are all bunk in my mind if they believe the earth is 6,000-10,000 years old.

Why? Scientific dating or rocks etc has proved to me otherwise.
The thread is on Allah Islamic creation. So why don't you believe that Allah the creator?
1) Would you say that Allah is the invisible man in the sky?
2) Would you say that only the ignorant believe in Allah?
3) Do you believe that those who believe in Allah have a mental condition?
4) Do you believe that Islamic people are a virus on the community?

This is what is said about those who believe in the Christian God, correct? So why not show your unbias towards religion and start applying it to Allah as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
520 posts, read 1,718,431 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
This is what is said about those who believe in the Christian God, correct? So why not show your unbias towards religion and start applying it to Allah as well?
The reason the Christians get all the flak is that we live in the USA and its the Christians trying to shove their religion down everyone's throats.

If the Muslims were trying to put "In Allah We Trust" on money and teach their version of creation in science class, they would get the same treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,207,901 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
The thread is on Allah Islamic creation. So why don't you believe that Allah the creator?
1) Would you say that Allah is the invisible man in the sky?
2) Would you say that only the ignorant believe in Allah?
3) Do you believe that those who believe in Allah have a mental condition?
4) Do you believe that Islamic people are a virus on the community?

This is what is said about those who believe in the Christian God, correct? So why not show your unbias towards religion and start applying it to Allah as well?

1. I would say none of those things but it sounds as if thats the way you think. Am I wrong?

2. I'm a Christian and in all my life I have never once been labled any of those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,253,230 times
Reputation: 186
who cares if it is right or wrong.It does not change anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 08:27 AM
 
443 posts, read 1,429,554 times
Reputation: 232
I think islamic creation myths are as fanciful and contradictory to established facts - as christian creation myths.

I have no problems condemning islam for the same abuses and illusions christianity supports.

Every shred of evidence we have contradicts much of these myths... if you support them, you must reject the facts/science proof we have that shows you are categorically mistaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 08:33 AM
 
7,099 posts, read 24,502,697 times
Reputation: 7302
Again, I will ask the same old tired questions......How does the way the world started have to do with the way you live today?

What is the purpose of fretting about it?

Will it make anyone a better Christian to change beliefs?

What does one belief or the other have to do with one's own personal relationship with Jesus?

Any finally, Do you really think that God cares about what you believe about creation as much as he cares about what you think about your fellow man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top