U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM

1,883 posts, read 1,652,218 times

Advertisements

the first ten days of month Dhu’l-Hijjah

we are now in the 5th day

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days.”
They said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah?”
He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah, unless a man goes out himself for jihad taking his wealth with him and does not come back with anything.”
some of the good deeds that can done
1- reading the Quran
2- tasbeeh , takbeer
3- fasting specially in the 9th day for those who does not go to hajj
4 hajj and Umra for those who have the ability (at least once in the life time)
5- Udhiyah (sacrifice)
6- charity

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM

The best days of the years is on again and today is the fourth day

Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM

762 posts, read 987,712 times
I'm not sure I understand the concept of good deeds.. And what they gain you. Can you explain why Mohammed chose these ten days as more important than any other days? Is it to do with hajj?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:38 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
I'm not sure I understand the concept of good deeds.. And what they gain you. Can you explain why Mohammed chose these ten days as more important than any other days? Is it to do with hajj?
I will attempt to explain in my own words.

This is the Month for doing Hajj. Historically it was the month the residents of Mecca and Medinah had the greatest opportunity for doing good deeds to strangers as People arrived for Hajj, they could helped the Pilgims with such things as food and shelter and other needs. They had the opportunity to do more good deeds

This opportunity has been extended to all Muslims world wide in that we are encouraged and given an incentive to do good deeds and receive equal blessing as the people living in Mecca and Madinah.

It is a great Blessing (reward) to have the opportunity and reminder to do Good Deeds during these 10 days. All things can be a good deed if we do them with the intention of serving Allaah(swt). While we do know all good deeds are rewarded, the real reward is in knowing we do them to serve Allaah(swt)

Even a smile is a good deed if our intent is to serve Allaah(swt) by spreading good will We should also remember to Thank those we do a Good Deed for as they have given us the opportunity to do so.

I am certain others can add considerably to what I have said.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:

The good deeds are encouraged in any time and they are rewarded by Allah if the intention was purely to him.

and Allah granted these days and within these ten days there are many type of worship are been performed such as
Hajj , Umra , fasting charity sacrifice

and in hajj many worshiping are performed such as circling the kaaba the house of Allah seven times ,
walking between the mountain of Safa and the mountain of marawa seven times ,
gathering in a place called Arafat in the same time for all the three millions muslims who came from the whole world to obey the call of Allah to come to his house and perform hajj,

sacrifice and throwing the stones to the three places where the devil interrupted the prophet Ibrahim peace be upon him
and Satan acted as a very nice and noble man and took advantage of this task when Allah ordered Ibrahim to slay his only son Ismail and Satan started to discourage Ibrahim from doing this action and telling him something like

this is a murder
are crazy
he is your only son
even if he was not your only
even if he was not your son ,
you will be a killer

and all these advises are logical from the devil but the price is disobeying the order of Allah and that was a very very big test to Ibrahim but Ibrahim was not deceived and started to throw the devil by stones and continued his way ,

then the devil interrupted him again and started acting as angels and again Ibrahim stoned him and continued his way ,

then again for the third time he was interrupted by Satan and again for the third time Ibrahim stoned him and started to execute the order of Allah and prepared the Knife but Allah send the angel with sheep and ransomed him with a tremendous ram and Ibrahim passed the test .

I hope now you realize why mature and adult throw stones in the Hajj.

Quote:
This tradition of grown adults throwing stones at...nothing really is strange indeed.

Hajj 1423 - Stoning the Jamarat - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsMeirkwHX4

Last edited by truth_teller; 10-10-2013 at 05:51 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I will attempt to explain in my own words.

This is the Month for doing Hajj. Historically it was the month the residents of Mecca and Medinah had the greatest opportunity for doing good deeds to strangers as People arrived for Hajj, they could helped the Pilgims with such things as food and shelter and other needs. They had the opportunity to do more good deeds

This opportunity has been extended to all Muslims world wide in that we are encouraged and given an incentive to do good deeds and receive equal blessing as the people living in Mecca and Madinah.

It is a great Blessing (reward) to have the opportunity and reminder to do Good Deeds during these 10 days. All things can be a good deed if we do them with the intention of serving Allaah(swt). While we do know all good deeds are rewarded, the real reward is in knowing we do them to serve Allaah(swt)

Even a smile is a good deed if our intent is to serve Allaah(swt) by spreading good will We should also remember to Thank those we do a Good Deed for as they have given us the opportunity to do so.

I am certain others can add considerably to what I have said.
Thank you Woodrow for your reply. do the good deeds include good deeds towards non muslims as well as other muslims?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I hope now you realize why mature and adult throw stones in the Hajj.
I realise that it is part of traditions of belief of Islam. However that does not mean I have to believe that it has anything to do with Abraham as obviously I have my own understanding of the testing of Abraham by God, which is not the same (on many points) as yours.

In Islam what is the reason behind the sacrifice?

Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Thank you Woodrow for your reply. do the good deeds include good deeds towards non muslims as well as other muslims?
Yes. When we know of a person in need we are not to ask what their religion is.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Thank you Woodrow. That is nice to know

Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
In Islam what is the reason behind the sacrifice?

sacrifice is to slaughter camels or cows or sheep for Allah sake and distribute the meat to the poor and relatives and neighbors and to the family .
in Islam we do whatever Allah and his messenger direct us to do regardless of the reason and sometimes we could extract valid reasons and sometimes we are told about the reasons and sometimes we do not know the reason but that does not do any impact for obeying the commands.
and these are some of the extracted reasons.
1- to thank Allah
2- to get rewards from Allah
3- to remember the big test of prophet Ibrahim and his son Ismail peace be upon them and how the submitted them self to the order of Allah
4- to bring the happiness the family and who ever get it
5- they are a Qurban to Allah and anyone who is intending to the are ordered freeze cutting any hair from their bodies and freeze cutting their nails from the first night of the ten days until the tenth day and after they slay their sacrifice.

Quote:
However that does not mean I have to believe that it has anything to
do with Abraham as obviously I have my own understanding of the testing of
Abraham by God, which is not the same (on many points) as yours.

and you got that from the book that say that the god wrestle with a man and say that a prophet obeyed his lust and committed a sin and not only a general sin but a sin with the wife of one of his soldiers,
in other word this prophet is supposed to be called according to your book The traitor prophet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or