U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 PM

762 posts, read 987,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Allah accept and reward for any worship as long as it meet two conditions.

the first condition is
it should be devoted to Allah Alone
but this condition by its self is not enough if the second condition did not come with it.

the second condition is
that the action should be in accordance with the only way which Allah has prescribed for worship,
which is by following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the laws that he has brought.
This is your opinion based on what your prophet told you.

God accepts any prayers given with a sincere heart, we do not ask for favours and do not expect rewards. We worship God out of love for him and all his works. God does not demand our worship but we give it gladly. It's your prophets prescribed method of worship you follow, and if you research closely you will find similarities with practices of worship long before Prophet Mohammed prescribed similar for Islam.

The only requirement for communication through prayer with God is an open heart and a mind free to embrace Gods love in all it's glory. It's quite simple really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
This is your opinion based on what your prophet told you.

God accepts any prayers given with a sincere heart, we do not ask for favours and do not expect rewards. We worship God out of love for him and all his works. God does not demand our worship but we give it gladly. It's your prophets prescribed method of worship you follow, and if you research closely you will find similarities with practices of worship long before Prophet Mohammed prescribed similar for Islam.

The only requirement for communication through prayer with God is an open heart and a mind free to embrace Gods love in all it's glory. It's quite simple really.
Yep, the traditional Jewish form of praying is very similar to the Islamic form.

Actually there is some confusion as two Arabic Words Salat and Du'a translate into English as Prayer. Du'a is much the closer to the Christian concept of prayer. We do believe if anyone says Du'a asking for Guidance in following Allaah(swt) the prayer will be answered,

Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM

Do you know of anyone who has ever said their prayer had been answered?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 AM

1,883 posts, read 1,651,675 times
Quote:

because the Quran is from Allah, it is perfect and it has a perfect control for any rules
and no one can fool these rules.
in the west the rules are put by man and man is not perfect,
and some people can fool these rules,
a smart lawyer can make a criminal not guilty and can make innocent person guilty by taking advantage of gaps in the rules.

you did not like the second condition

but without that condition someone might do a weird thing and he could say i am praying with a sincere heart .

for example he could bring a drum and start making noise and he could consider that a worship with a sincere heart.

or he could start jumping and shaking his body as he i the disco and he could consider that a worship with a sincere heart.
There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings,
but they are peoples like unto you.
We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees).
Then unto their Lord they will be gathered. The Noble Quran.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:26 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Quote:
Do you know of anyone who has ever said their prayer had been answered?
I believe you will find every Muslim has said so many times. On a personal note I believe every prayer I ever said has been answered.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
because the Quran is from Allah, it is perfect and it has a perfect control for any rules
and no one can fool these rules.
in the west the rules are put by man and man is not perfect,
and some people can fool these rules,
a smart lawyer can make a criminal not guilty and can make innocent person guilty by taking advantage of gaps in the rules.

you did not like the second condition

but without that condition someone might do a weird thing and he could say i am praying with a sincere heart .

for example he could bring a drum and start making noise and he could consider that a worship with a sincere heart.

or he could start jumping and shaking his body as he i the disco and he could consider that a worship with a sincere heart.
There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings,
but they are peoples like unto you.
We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees).
Then unto their Lord they will be gathered. The Noble Quran.
I have absolutely no issue with your first or second condition..as its all nothing more than mans window dressing.
Muslims always seem to think of Allah in human terms...do you honestly think Almighty God would not recognise insincerity?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I believe you will find every Muslim has said so many times. On a personal note I believe every prayer I ever said has been answered.
That lovely Woodrow. it serves to prove to me that what religion one follows matters not to God, as all prayers in his name are deserving of answers. Mine have been on numerous occasions.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM

7,574 posts, read 2,432,116 times
Nice pictures...especially the little baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweett View Post
[LEFT]He acted wonderful , This is what distinguishes Muslims from not muslims , The Muslim likes to thank Allah for everything in all cases, and in any place
[/LEFT]
No, it doesn't. People of all faiths can be seen doing this. This is why exposure is so important.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 AM

56,064 posts, read 54,565,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweett View Post
He acted wonderful , This is what distinguishes Muslims from not muslims , The Muslim likes to thank Allah for everything in all cases, and in any place
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Nice pictures...especially the little baby.

No, it doesn't. People of all faiths can be seen doing this. This is why exposure is so important.
Yes, I found that statement amusing. Every week during the Eucharist in the Episcopal church, we say, "It is a good and a joyful thing, always and everywhere to give thanks to You, oh God..."

I find it a little bit bizarre that a Muslim thinks that thanking God unique to Islam. Or maybe she or he just couldn't resist making a slur against other religions. Unfortunately, that attitude is not unique to one religion, either.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM

56,064 posts, read 54,565,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Yep, the traditional Jewish form of praying is very similar to the Islamic form.

Actually there is some confusion as two Arabic Words Salat and Du'a translate into English as Prayer. Du'a is much the closer to the Christian concept of prayer. We do believe if anyone says Du'a asking for Guidance in following Allaah(swt) the prayer will be answered,
That's what most of my prayers are as I grow older and hopefully wiser--simply asking for God's guidance in everything I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam