Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Would you consider a possibility of some one in the Israeli Government being behind the Attacks, in order to generate justification for the use of ground forces into Gaza?

I would like to enter that as a possibility in addition to the possibility that Hamas is targeting West Bank civilians.

I make no claims that I know what is happening. just want to look at all possibilities.
The probability of Israel firing the missles is zero given that the report from Ma'an is the one that claimed Hamas took the credit. Hamas doesn't care whom (Jew or Arab) they kill or terrorize as they have their own agenda. They are trying to lighten the missles in order to see how far they can get them to go. Hamas may have larger missles (as they claim), but they are unable to launch them due to not having the proper lauching platform. They are currently using water pipes that were given to Gaza as humanitarian aid in the past.

Here is a Arabic link (www.saraya.ps):

|| || ||

Last edited by Pruzhany; 11-20-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,035 times
Quote:
Would you consider a possibility of some one in the Israeli Government being behind the Attacks, in order to generate justification for the use of ground forces into Gaza?
Woodrow, that is about as likely as the attacks against Jerusalem being caused by space aliens.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The probability of Israel firing the missles is zero given that the report from Ma'an is the one that claimed Hamas took the credit. Hamas doesn't care whom (Jew or Arab) they kill or terrorize as they have their own agenda. They are trying to lighten the missles in order to see how far they can get them to go. Hamas may have larger missles (as they claim), but they are unable to launch them due to not having the proper lauching platform. They are currently using water pipes that were given to Gaza as humanitarian aid in the past.

Here is a Arabic link (www.saraya.ps):

|| || ||

I can recall the early days of the formation of Israel. There was initially Peace between the Jewish settlers and the Muslim population.

I wonder if that peace can ever be restored? A difficult task as each sees the other as being the aggressor.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I can recall the early days of the formation of Israel. There was initially Peace between the Jewish settlers and the Muslim population.

I wonder if that peace can ever be restored? A difficult task as each sees the other as being the aggressor.
You need to look back further in history to see the relative tribal calm before the Europeans stepped foot in the entire region. IMO the Germans and the British laid the foundation for all the troubles that followed past WW1. The Separdic and Mizrahi Jews were part of nearly every Arab government and held the same status before these two countries planted the seeds of misinformation. The Russian Jews arrived in the region around 50 years before the German secular zionists even existed without issue in the 1870's. Maybe the Israelis need to have Sephardic/Mizrahi leadership and the Palestinians need to have Bedouin/Druze leadership to at least have age old customs in common. With that there may be a Peace that they both define the same. The word Peace means nothing if both sides don't agree on the definition of it.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Sharon is is not seen as a common civilian he is seen as the son of Ariel Sharon. As such he is seen as an official voice of all Israelis.

As I said earlier I do not see the recent events change any support of lack of support for Hamas. However, without Sharon's comment there may have been some decline.
Ariel Sharon's son does not speak on behalf of the Israeli government or for Israelis in general.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM

Hamas has now stated there will be a ceasefire at midnight their time. Its nearly 8pm there now. Lets see how long it lasts and who shoots off the first shot at 0001 (a minute after midnight).

Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Ariel Sharon's son does not speak on behalf of the Israeli government or for Israelis in general.

While that is true. I believe you will find many Palestinians would believe he represents all Israelis. Just as many people believe any Terrorist speaks for all Muslims.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
You need to look back further in history to see the relative tribal calm before the Europeans stepped foot in the entire region. IMO the Germans and the British laid the foundation for all the troubles that followed past WW1. The Separdic and Mizrahi Jews were part of nearly every Arab government and held the same status before these two countries planted the seeds of misinformation. The Russian Jews arrived in the region around 50 years before the German secular zionists even existed without issue in the 1870's. Maybe the Israelis need to have Sephardic/Mizrahi leadership and the Palestinians need to have Bedouin/Druze leadership to at least have age old customs in common. With that there may be a Peace that they both define the same. The word Peace means nothing if both sides don't agree on the definition of it.
I think we have a point of agreement here. It is my belief that if non-Jews and non-Muslims had kept their noses out of what was a Muslim/Jew issue everything would have long been settled and there would be Peace in the Region.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Hamas has now stated there will be a ceasefire at midnight their time. Its nearly 8pm there now. Lets see how long it lasts and who shoots off the first shot at 0001 (a minute after midnight).

Well that was short. Seems Hamas forget to tell Israel about it and expected Israel to accept all their conditions for it.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 PM

On the lighter side:

Jerusalem | Filmed in Imax 3D on Vimeo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam