Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 01:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresACatForThat View Post
The Mongols destroyed Islamic civilisation. I don't see how you attribute this as forced conversion by Muslims to Islam.

The Mughals of India were descended from an offshoot of the Mongols, that converted to Islam. I don't see what the relevance is?

Ganghis Khan was not a Muslim and he forbade his descendants to worship anything other than the shamanistic pagan Sky God of the Mongols: Tengri.

Timur destroyed Islamic civilisatoin again, although he declared himself a Muslim.

Babar, Aurangzeb and TIpu Sultan were great monarchs well known and liked by all.

Not a clue who Malik Kafur is / was.

Sir, l have to ask: do you actually have an example of people being forced to convert to Islam, as per the thread topic? If so, can you give an objective link e.g. in the Encylopaedia Britannica?
Malik kafur reached deep south and established the madurai sultanate. Hecwas a commander of the delhi sultanate. And once again the choice given was convert or die.

Aurangzab or tipu sultan were claimed to be noble men but they were known to burn down or raze other places of worship. They are one of the reasons why there are not much traces of hindu temples in north india and they are just concentrated in south india.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 02:20 PM

61 posts, read 39,073 times
Quote:
Sir, l have to ask: do you actually have an example of people being forced to convert to Islam, as per the thread topic? If so, can you give an objective link e.g. in the Encylopaedia Britannica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Malik kafur reached deep south and established the madurai sultanate. Hecwas a commander of the delhi sultanate. And once again the choice given was convert or die.

Aurangzab or tipu sultan were claimed to be noble men but they were known to burn down or raze other places of worship. They are one of the reasons why there are not much traces of hindu temples in north india and they are just concentrated in south india.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus

Sir,

1. Please will you acknowledge that you are in serious error by saying Ganghis Khan was a Muslim
2. Please will you acknowledge that you have not answered my challenge: an objective link to a writing documenting the forced conversion of people to Islam. You don't seem to have anything objective nor even anything documenting forced conversion at all
3. The article you linked to begins with a record of persecution of Muslims by Hindus
4. Finally, it goes without saying that a warrior-prince is going to be jolly good with a sword. It is irrelevant to the topic - boys will be boys. Muslims are idol smashers. Put an idol in front of them, they will smash it. It is what they do. It is not surprising nor is it anything to do with the topic.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:47 PM

Update: I saw some references to articles documenting the large scale forced conversion of Hindus to Islam in your Wikipedia link.

The references themselves are some of the only references that don't actually link to an article, even though they are made to appear as links. Press the link, it does nothing. It might be that an Islamic satellite is preventing access to the secrets of Islamic forced conversion. It may also be that a woman will reincarnate as a man if she is forced (FORCED? NO, she went voluntarily! - Ed.) to burn alive on her husband's funeral pyre. Muslims are against pagan ideals, as were the British after them, l cannot think why.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:44 PM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Please note that this is Islam Forum and not Muslim verses Hindu forum or Muslim terrorists verses RSS extremists forum.

As for how Islam spread, let's read Gandhi's comment:

“I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind… I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet’s biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life.â€

(Mahatma Gandhi, statement published in “Young Indiaâ€, 1924)

Sadly, the poor guy was killed by an extremist who was not a Muslim.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Please note that this is Islam Forum and not Muslim verses Hindu forum or Muslim terrorists verses RSS extremists forum.

There are no terrorists here. I don't understand what you are trying to say but if it is to slander other thread participants, l refer the matter to Allah, it has no place in this thread.

The thread is about forced conversion to Islam, or as l contend: the absence of it. I am staying relevant.

The other person cited Muslim-Hindu conflicts in South Asia as evidence of forced conversion. I pointed out that that is not mass-conversion, it is war, and besides, after the example of the Prophet Muhammad and Prophet Abraham, both known to smash idols, Muslims have a great dislike of idols. That is not terrorism.

I then challenged the person to show documents regarding actual forced conversion. He procured a very troubled Wikipedia article riddled with fallacies which l duly pointed out. I also pointed out a very compelling reason for emancipated Indian women to prefer Islam - no force required (the Hindu practice of Suttee - the once mandatory burning alive of widows on their husband's funeral pyres, as you know burning people is a great sin in Islam, as is suicide).

Old 11-19-2019, 05:54 PM

I am also not saying anything about terrorism or extremism about Muslims. I already said its better off when people get educated and evolve and become westernized despite performing their religious duties well.
I was only commenting about how some barbaric rulers in the name of power killed people at will and didnt live by the Muslim code. It is big news when some bomb goes off in Belgium injuring 2 , but not when a truckload of school children is killed in Peshawar or Baluchistan.

ANd only in India you will find devout Muslims like AR Rahman, Abdul Kalam or Khan abdul Gaffar Khan and the best of Sufi singers.

TO answer the original question, the answer is Islam spread by force, conquest and then gradually through sword until Mughals and Tipu Sultan were there.

https://factmuseum.com/tippu-sultan/

Old 11-19-2019, 05:59 PM

I like your message here. We both admire Sufi singers.

Tipu Sultan had great Hindu support though. Just saying. He never forced anyone to pray to Allah. I'm pretty sure even the BJP endorses him.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I like your message here. We both admire Sufi singers.

Tipu Sultan had great Hindu support though. Just saying. He never forced anyone to pray to Allah. I'm pretty sure even the BJP endorses him.
I am always of the opinion that the elite does anything to protect themselves. Be it politicians of today or the kings of yesterday, they look to protect themselves. Look at Saudi, they claim to be the protectors of the Islam, but do they live by the code?? I also hate pointing out the flaws from the books, because they were written and could ave been influenced by those times.

And since you like music, here is a bonus for you. by Rashid Khan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxYdklWlC7Y

Old 11-19-2019, 06:22 PM

Thank you

Old 11-19-2019, 07:38 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Did Islam spread by force, swords, or guns?

YES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam