Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 06:01 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It does not appear. Jordan and Syria took a very active role.

Quoting from the same article:

Jordan:

Quote:
Intermittent machine-gun exchanges began taking place in Jerusalem at 9:30 am, and the fighting gradually escalated as the Jordanians introduced 3-inch mortars and 106mm recoilless rifles. Under the orders from General Narkis, the Israelis responded only with small-arms fire, firing in a flat trajectory to avoid hitting civilians, holy sites or the Old City. At 10:00 am on June 5, the Jordanian Army began shelling Israel. Two batteries of 155mm Long Tom cannons opened fire on the suburbs of Tel Aviv and Ramat David Airbase. The commanders of these batteries were instructed to lay a two-hour barrage against military and civilian settlements in central Israel. Some shells hit the outskirts of Tel Aviv.
Israel assumed that the attacks were a symbolic gesture of solidarity with Egypt, and sent a message to King Hussein promising not to initiate any action against Jordan if it stayed out of the war. King Hussein replied that it was too late, "the die was cast". At 11:15 am, Jordanian howitzers began a 6,000-shell barrage at Israeli Jerusalem.

Iraq:
.... at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.

Quote:
Syria:
Syrian artillery began shelling northern Israel, and twelve Syrian jets attacked Israeli settlements in the Galilee.

Don't start confusing being a follower of Islam with Arabazation of a region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Quoting from the same article:

Jordan:

Iraq:
.... at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.

Don't start confusing being a follower of Islam with Arabazation of a region.
At this point I will simply admit my memory may be poor and I best not rely on the way I remembered things from my nice quiet location in North East Texas. At the time I was working for a company called Fabsteel Inc at the time a subsidiary of Universal Oil and the Engineering division of the construction company Procon. We were in the process of designing oil refineries for the Mideast Nations and did have close business ties with the Arab nations.

I have to admit my views of the time will be one sided.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
Those that remained in the Country of Mongolia did accept Buddhism and never became Muslim, they also remained primitive, but in Mongolia, Buddhism did make them more peaceful..

The Mongols that became the "Golden Horde of the Tatars" and extended througout Western Asian, into India and the Mideast are the ones who eventually accepted Islam. Conquring and destoying until they conqured the Muslim Nations. After conquring the Muslim world they accepted Islam and stopped their destruction. The Huge Mughal (Mongol) Empire that conqured India, was not Islam invading India, it was the barbaric Mongols. The Mongols did not embrace Islam until after they had conquered India. that was how Islam came to India. It was not a bunch of fanatical Camel riders riding into India. swinging swords and lopping off the heads of any who refused to convert.
There were isolated Muslim traders in India, but the religion as such meant nothing in India. That only changed with the Muslim warriors (Mongols etc.) invading the country. It was exactly what you say it was not...

I would also like to know in which way the Buddhist Mongols are primitive in your view. In my view it is exactly the other way round. During the Buddhist eras the Mongols flourished culturally.

You seem to be one of those Western converts who defend their new religion even if it is not worth defending, twisting and ignoring reality if necessary.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I actually agree with you that before the end days atheism will replace nearly all, if not all religions. That is Prophecized in the ahadith.

It is also Prophecised that the Kabbah in Mecca will be destroyed and material wealth will become so widespread it will be impossible to find anyone to give charity to.

If you are curious, what we believe are some of the signs that will happen before the entire world accepts Islam
LINK

Islam has had very little impact in Africa except for the Northern coastal Nations. The southern Part and the internal nations have been influenced mostly by Christianity and some very Bizarre Christian Cults are forming. The Strongest and most aggressive being the "Lord's Resistance Army" LINK

The world will not become all Muslim until after the return of Jesus(as) and the arrival of the Mehdi. some other things thare are Prophecized to occur before that such as the Jews will divide into 71 sects but only one sect will reach heaven. the Christians will divide into 72 but only one will reach Heaven and the Muslims will divide into 73 but only one sect will reach heaven the numbers 71, 72 and 73 are not actual numbers. The words translated into those numbers also have metaphorical meanings. 71 denoting many, 72 denoting even more and 73 meaning the most.

The AA in the USA often join the NOI (Nation of Islam), Probably because of the huge prison ministry they carry on. . the Members do call themselves Muslim but they are not accepted by us and are not permitted to enter Mecca or Madinah the 2 cities only Muslims may enter. To enter they have to say the Shahadah. If they do so they are acknowledging Muhammad is the final Prophet and not Elijah Poole who they believe was. Although that seems to be changing as it seems that today they believe Elijah Poole was the Mehdi and Louis Farrakhan is the last messenger. Many NOI do denounce the NOI and do say the shahaddah and accept Islam. Usually when they discover that as NOI they can not enter Meccah and do the HAJJ
Africa except for coastal nations? Well, the coast is where most Africans live. West Africa's coast is probably the most densely populated area in black Africa. And Islam causes lots of problems there, just look at the mess in Nigeria.

No, I do not care what your religion believes in. Being an atheist prophecies are utter crap in my view, no matter who makes them. Nothing will ever happen the way Muslims think it will. Luckily there is no specific date as with the end of the world last December, so Muslims won't have to find excuses why things just won't happen the way they think they would.

AAs are a sad case. Always adopting other people's religions. Most of them pray to Jesus (as if that Jew would give a damn about AAs if he were still alive; Semitic people tend to be rather racist). Others switch to Islam for odd reasons...

Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There were isolated Muslim traders in India, but the religion as such meant nothing in India. That only changed with the Muslim warriors (Mongols etc.) invading the country. It was exactly what you say it was not...

I would also like to know in which way the Buddhist Mongols are primitive in your view. In my view it is exactly the other way round. During the Buddhist eras the Mongols flourished culturally.

You seem to be one of those Western converts who defend their new religion even if it is not worth defending, twisting and ignoring reality if necessary.

I believe all people should defend that which they believe.But the defense should always be in peace and not invasive into another person's personal space.

A personal belief should be expressed in an area appropriate to express it. An Islamic forum seems to be an appropriate place to express pro Muslim views.

I also accept that a person has the right to defend their belief that people should not be allowed to defend their beliefs.

It is true that a convert to a religion is often a strong supporter of their adopted belief. I believe that is because a person who converts has very strong reasons for doing so and often does convert at a great price in terms of forsaking a past life style. In other words the convert believes in their new belief much stronger than what ever they believed in the past.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Whatever, back to topic. I wish Iran and such countries would throw Islam overboard and return to their former sophistication, like Zoroastrianism. Likewise Egypt should return to its ancient religion, maybe in a modernized version.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Whatever, back to topic. I wish Iran and such countries would throw Islam overboard and return to their former sophistication, like Zoroastrianism. Likewise Egypt should return to its ancient religion, maybe in a modernized version.
I suspect that most if not every Non-Muslim desires to see the end of Islam.

Islam is not an organization with central leaders or membership criteria. It is an ideology and not an agency or organization. I do not see how anything could end Islam.

Every Mosque could be destroyed, including the 2 Holy cities of Mecca and Medina, that would not end Islam. Every self proclaimed Islamic leader could be killed that would would not end Islam. We have no ordained clergy every Muslim male is considered to be clergy we have no requirements or rituals a person must pass to be called an Imam, Sheik, Scholar, Mufti etc. They are what the local community considers to be such. Some may have achieved wide acceptance, but we still consider all Muslims to be equal and no difference between any Muslims. I can lead a Mosque just as the Most renowned Mufti can. I may not have many who would attend it. But I still have the right to start and lead a Mosque if I desire to. come to think of it that is what I have done, although my wife is the only one usually present for prayers.--Before you ask my wife was Muslim long before I met her and her Islamic knowledge greatly surpasses mine. I often ask her questions I have about Islam.

Every Mosque, Qur'an, Islamic library etc could be destroyed, every Imam, Scholar, Mufti etc could be killed and Islam would still exist. Muslims will still believe in and do their best to follow Allaah(swt).

We do not even have any required reading. although we believe every Muslim will have a desire to read the Qur'an. Islam is not a membership and there is no criteria to be a Muslim except to Sincerely believe "There is no God but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah" there is no form of centralized training, no seminary a person must attend to lead the prayers, it is all an individual relationship with Allaah(swt)

About all you can identify as Islam is it is every person who sincerely believes : "There is no God but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah" I suppose you could end Islam by killing every person who believes that.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM

Oh no, I am a peaceful person (interestingly you came up with the violent solution), I meant that I wish people would realize their mistake and abandon that religion voluntarily, as a sign of personal growth or whatever you want to call it. There are people leaving Islam behind, but in Muslim countries their lives are threatened, so most of them won't run around saying so. Some do so once they have moved to the West, mostly intellectuals.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Oh no, I am a peaceful person (interestingly you came up with the violent solution), I meant that I wish people would realize their mistake and abandon that religion voluntarily, as a sign of personal growth or whatever you want to call it. There are people leaving Islam behind, but in Muslim countries their lives are threatened, so most of them won't run around saying so. Some do so once they have moved to the West, mostly intellectuals.
I have come across quite a few atheists in Islamic Nations. Although that was over 40 years ago.

I apologize for becoming defensive and thinking your intent was aggressive. A learned behavior from living as a minority.

Call it a learned behavior. I have reached the point of expecting to be attacked by non-Muslims. I have lived in red neck rural regions and to be honest on more then one occasion my life was in danger for being Muslim. In fairness, those that threatened me were not representative of the majority of people I have met. Probably no more than a handful of violent people, like can be found in any group.

My desire for people to become Muslim is the same as your desire for people to abandon religion. Because it is their own choice and they have come to that choice through free will without intimidation.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
AAs are a sad case. Always adopting other people's religions. Most of them pray to Jesus (as if that Jew would give a damn about AAs if he were still alive; Semitic people tend to be rather racist). Others switch to Islam for odd reasons...
FYI there are over 120,000 Ethiopian Jews currently living in Israel. About 40,000 were born in Israel. Semetic people are not racists for the most part. Arabs/Jews have differences that follow the religious route. The honor for the majority of racism is saved for Europeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam