U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
 
762 posts, read 987,409 times
Reputation: 221

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
disappointed of what??
Just my opinion you understand, but I cannot see in Islam a way to salvation. If the Islamic view of paradise is what you have to look toward...then I feel you will be disappointed.

Maybe I am wrong, but my heart tells me I'm not. Christ said he is the way, the truth and the light. I have seen nothing in Islam to tell me otherwise. However I also believe God is love personified and would not turn away a soul if that soul was truely good at heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
4,609 posts, read 4,113,595 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Just my opinion you understand, but I cannot see in Islam a way to salvation. If the Islamic view of paradise is what you have to look toward...then I feel you will be disappointed.

Maybe I am wrong, but my heart tells me I'm not. Christ said he is the way, the truth and the light. I have seen nothing in Islam to tell me otherwise. However I also believe God is love personified and would not turn away a soul if that soul was truely good at heart.
OK, so that is how you feel.

Why post it here? Why not post it the Christianity forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
 
762 posts, read 987,409 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
OK, so that is how you feel.

Why post it here? Why not post it the Christianity forum?
I did not feel the need to post it on the Christianity forum, because other Christians will likely be aware of the fact.

I posted it here as it was my response to Weaams question. Seeing as Weaam is a muslim and posts on the Islam forum and our discourse has been held on the aforesaid Islam forum, it seemed the obvious place.

If you are bothered by this, then you have the choice not to read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,665 posts, read 74,612,986 times
Reputation: 48173
geting a fair and impartial trial in iran is like finding a mexican only child with a new car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
geting a fair and impartial trial in iran is like finding a mexican only child with a new car.
I believe you will find most of us Muslims will agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 PM
 
762 posts, read 987,409 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
geting a fair and impartial trial in iran is like finding a mexican only child with a new car.
Quote:
I believe you will find most of us Muslims will agree with you.
I heartily agree with both the above statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,635,786 times
Reputation: 1860
This is funny:

Muslim #1 to Muslim #2 - 'You are not a true muslim.'

Muslim #2 to Muslim #1 - 'You are not a true muslim.'

Muslim #3 to Muslim #1&2 - 'You both are not true muslims.'

Christian to Mulslims - 'You all have the wrong God and are going to hell.'

Mulsims to Christian - 'Let's arrest him and charge him with espionage.'

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,241 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Just my opinion you understand, but I cannot see in Islam a way to salvation. If the Islamic view of paradise is what you have to look toward...then I feel you will be disappointed.

Maybe I am wrong, but my heart tells me I'm not. Christ said he is the way, the truth and the light. I have seen nothing in Islam to tell me otherwise. However I also believe God is love personified and would not turn away a soul if that soul was truely good at heart.

yes, you are wrong.

What if you died and I knew that Christianity would not have the way salvation ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
 
762 posts, read 987,409 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
yes, you are wrong.

What if you died and I knew that Christianity would not have the way salvation ?
well first off..you do not know I am wrong. You just believe I am. your prerogative.

If and when I die I have every confidence that my faith in God and Christ will by Gods grace allow me the way to salvation. Whereas you don't know for a fact that it would not be so. You just believe it is again your prerogative.

You may store up your good deeds in your lifetime but that alone cannot atone for sins. God is holy and no one can ever be good enough to bathe in his glory, for we all fall short of the glory of God. Christ promises he is the way, the only way...and I believe him with every fibre of my being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
well first off..you do not know I am wrong. You just believe I am. your prerogative.

If and when I die I have every confidence that my faith in God and Christ will by Gods grace allow me the way to salvation. Whereas you don't know for a fact that it would not be so. You just believe it is again your prerogative.

You may store up your good deeds in your lifetime but that alone cannot atone for sins. God is holy and no one can ever be good enough to bathe in his glory, for we all fall short of the glory of God. Christ promises he is the way, the only way...and I believe him with every fibre of my being.
We also have faith in the Mercy of Allaah(swt) our good deeds will never get us in heaven. It is only our sincere repentance and Allaah(swt)'s Mercy that will get us into heaven. We can not earn or buy our way into heaven. It is given freely through the infinite Mercy of Allaah(swt)

If we had the rewards of every person who ever lived, it would not be enough to get us even close enough to see a glimpse of heaven. While we do believe all of us will be rewarded for our good Deeds, that does not necessarily mean we will get those in Heaven. Even those going to the deepest level of hell will receive immense rewards for their good deeds and for many of us our rewards will be given to us in our lifetime, not in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top